No announcement yet.

What about drifting in Canada?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah, driftnation will be expanding over the next year or two, and will likely start holding some events in the west of canada. check out http://www.driftnation.com

Comment

i asked them when and if they were coming to vancouver, thanks for the link. you the man malcolm!!!

Comment

no problem man...

Comment

what about parts for a silvia, since there are not many around in canada i don't think there are many parts around and if there are they are expensive aren't they? i really don't want to have to fly parts from japan or have them take forever by boat. i guess i am back to the 240

Comment

Like I said,tolls and drive-thrus are hell with a RHD,also shifting with your left-hand.As for the engine,it's just like swapping in any CA18DET,or SR20DET.They weren't made in North America for the most part (there was a CA18 and SR20DE),so sourcing parts will be a bit harder.But then there's also the hybrid tricks,basiclly parts from different cars that will work fine with your engine(because they shared some of the same parts).If your not going to keep your KA,I would recommend a Silvia,even if you were to swap out the CA for a SR,you'd still make more money off your CA18 than the KA.

Comment

i guess you could go through drive-thrus in reverse . i am not sure about the law here on RHD cars but i think they are ok. i guess the most expensive parts have to come from japan. still not sold on the import stuff.

Comment

hey im from vanicty too.. benn on these bards for a while now... im pretty sure that drift hsowoff is going through on june 19th @ tradex in abbostford as far as i know.. and we actually have quite a few importers locally... i know of two myself.. there are probably more... you can try auto shop cannonball - www.cannonball-r.com ... and there's bavaria car studio in richmond.. i think they brought a few r32's over here.. www.bavariacarstudio.com ...

Comment

You Canadians are getting hit hard over there if an article I read is true. State Farm and other insurance carriers are putting restrictions on cars that are modified. I read that a guy over there modded his Cavalier and his insurance company dropped him. It's actualy a VERY scary thought. The insurance companies can effectively do what Law enforcement could not. They can stop street racing if that becomes law. And guess what guys, if it becomes law there then odds are that it will become law here. It would be much more of an uphill battle here but it could still happen. Almost like the crusher rule they were trying to put through legislature bout 10 years ago that would effectively crush cars older than like 1975 or so and heavily tax people that did not want to dump them. So keep your eyes open and watch the laws because that is a very scary law with regards to what we all do.

The insurance companies involved were AAA and State Farm. I skimmed the article in the Dentists office. But beware.

Comment

i don't know of a state farm here, and i am not sure if they are really doing that BUT i do know that if you have to have a body shop thing to let you drive your car in richmond if it is really moded out. if a cop sees you with a moded out car in richmond and pulls you over you are screwed. also if you are caught street racing here you will probably lose your car!! and your licence for a long time. so ya, we have to stay on the track here but the closest track is in mission and that is pretty far from vancouver. to help you understand there are basicly 2 vancouvers, one the west coast area and the GVRD (greater vancouver regional district). i am in vancouver and mission is just outside the east side of the GVRD, about a 3 hour drive. hey shift, that is cool man i love it here, vancouver is the only place i want to live, don't you think they should make a track in richmond??? that would be the best!!! thanks for the links i will check it out, are you going?

Comment

i saw a comercial the other day for an insurance company that deals with custon cars only dont remeber the name but i might have to look into it. its a pretty good idea since alot of insurance ppl will bone u if u have aftermarket parts.

Comment

are those prices just for importing??? they are for the car too right?

Comment

i don't know about that tighty but icbc will only cover 1000 in aftermarket parts.

Comment

Fight the power!!!!! You can't get in trouble for driving a car with legal mods or a RHD.If a cop writes you up for it,take it to court if possible.They can't just impound your car for modifying it,that's harassment.

Comment

yeah ghost.... I know of a guy that's in rallying that crashed on a special stage, and had his insurance revoked, even though he didn't put in a claim. they claimed he was racing, and it was on a road, therefore it *must* be street racing. grrr. I could provide you links to lots of the horror stories going on up here.

Comment

well as far as ghost was saying.. we dont have state farm or anything here in bc at leats.. only one insurance company.. icbc.. government run... so there's no competitive pricing etc....
                                sulos.. yeh if drift showoff is going through, then im going forsure... but it would be pretty cool to have a track in richmond.. oh and i forgot to tell you about www.vancouverdrifters.org .. they have already run 2 or 3 drift events at boundry bay airport.. they have a few coming up too.. but it's for drifters only, no spectators. i think it's $50 or something...

Comment

Working...
                                X