Price of JDM AE86's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Feint
    Where are you guys looking at your AE86's? Buy from auction houses,not private sales,that's how you get ripped.
    no you get ripped at the auction houses here.

Comment

Originally posted by dae
      plus the thousands it will cost to get it legal and driving on th street
      you can not legalize them to drive on the street with just money.. (well you can.. i guess).. you'd have to buy multiple hachi's, crash them, send them back to japan to be analyzed, then destroyed. if they passed the crash tests, then you can legalize them (with some more $$).. but it's not just a simple procedure of paying someone and signing some papers

Comment

importing a car isn't as hard as some people think it is.
        http://www.wallacelab.com/
        check my thread in the nico forum. "jdm car exporter".
        check out this exporter!
        http://www.batfa.com
        Last edited by Tsukai240; 05-20-2004, 09:00 AM.

Comment

My friends not buying an 86, he's getting a Skyline. As for the price, I'm sure you can get them for cheap over there. Think about the craze here. Look on the 4ag forums and watch all the stock GTS's go for like 4-6 grand. But, I weny out and found mine for $500, not a GTS, but an AE all the same. The point is that the car won't go for alot if the person doens't think of it as some highly sought after car. I'm sure there are people selling them in Japan that don't know what they have.

I won't have to pay shipping, cause my friend will have a container. Meetingthe requirements for importing and running on the streets isn't that hard. Change the bumpers to US spec and meet emisions and some other stuff and your good to go. I could always swap the majority of the parts from the JDM sprinter/tureno into my AE, but who knows if this will ever happen.

Comment

Originally posted by AE86_drift
            My friends not buying an 86, he's getting a Skyline. As for the price, I'm sure you can get them for cheap over there. Think about the craze here. Look on the 4ag forums and watch all the stock GTS's go for like 4-6 grand. But, I weny out and found mine for $500, not a GTS, but an AE all the same. The point is that the car won't go for alot if the person doens't think of it as some highly sought after car. I'm sure there are people selling them in Japan that don't know what they have.

I won't have to pay shipping, cause my friend will have a container. Meetingthe requirements for importing and running on the streets isn't that hard. Change the bumpers to US spec and meet emisions and some other stuff and your good to go. I could always swap the majority of the parts from the JDM sprinter/tureno into my AE, but who knows if this will ever happen.
            tis true but i know state of californai made it illegal to drive a right hand drive car all together? correct me if im wrong. dont know state laws there in WI. only cars that are right hand drive and legal are skylines from Motorex... they did that whole crash 'em and pass 'em thing to legalize.

Comment

Originally posted by totoro001
              you'd have to buy multiple hachi's, crash them, send them back to japan to be analyzed, then destroyed. if they passed the crash tests, then you can legalize them (with some more $$).. but it's not just a simple procedure of paying someone and signing some papers
              wow that is sucha painsstaking process. i'm sure some people out there who are looking for a home for their engines.

Comment

Originally posted by Oddball 7
                tis true but i know state of californai made it illegal to drive a right hand drive car all together? correct me if im wrong.
                yea, CA got pretty strict vehicle regulations over here.

Comment

tis true but i know state of californai made it illegal to drive a right hand drive car all together? correct me if im wrong.
                  CA is strict but I don't think they made that illegal. I have seen a few RHD cars on the road here in CA.

Comment

i see most of them going for 2500-4900k us dollars around here. their is 2 for sale at Speed Factory for 3900. 10k for an 86? i doubt it

Comment

Originally posted by allblackS14
                      i see most of them going for 2500-4900k us dollars around here. their is 2 for sale at Speed Factory for 3900. 10k for an 86? i doubt it
                      come down to kanagawa ken then, buddy and you wont doubt it

Comment

Working...
                      X