ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drifting's EASY According To Christian Rado (Quotes from SPORT COMPACT CAR)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One question for you guys on here. Do you know who Rado,Papadakis,Paisley, Ten,Tran, Callos,Bergenholtz, and Saruwateri are?

Comment

• I do, I've met a number of them. Lisa Kubo and some others.

don't think you drag and no one here knows about drag racing.

Many of my friends are into drag racing. That's the only sport they still can do with ther 1k hp Supras.
      Last edited by '97 S14 SE Turb; 05-27-2004, 10:47 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 794hpfwd
        One question for you guys on here. Do you know who Rado,Papadakis,Paisley, Ten,Tran, Callos,Bergenholtz, and Saruwateri are?
        I dont know them personally but most of those names are familar.. except that Rado guy hmmm whos he???

Comment

• I have a fwd car that runs deep into the 9's and I have no sponsors, but I am not crying about what is or isn't good for our sport.
          Pictures/timeslips/media coverage/website/name/setup please.

He is right, though. Drag racing takes plenty of skill...perhaps it's just "going straight", but those cars often don't like to go straight...

Comment

• Hey you forgot Ken Miyoshi.

Comment

• Originally posted by Parry
              Pictures/timeslips/media coverage/website/name/setup please.

He is right, though. Drag racing takes plenty of skill...perhaps it's just "going straight", but those cars often don't like to go straight...
              Very few here have said drag racing takes little skill. However the skill it takes really doesnt translate to drifting. One could argue grip racing can translate to drifting. But very little of drag racing can. throttle control perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by nissanguy_24
                Very few here have said drag racing takes little skill. However the skill it takes really doesnt translate to drifting. One could argue grip racing can translate to drifting. But very little of drag racing can. throttle control perhaps?
                Probably, I don't know. I agree with you, I was just kinda mentioning we shouldn't forget that it's not as talentless as some people seem to believe.

I still want to see this low 9's FWD drag car lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Parry
                  Probably, I don't know. I agree with you, I was just kinda mentioning we shouldn't forget that it's not as talentless as some people seem to believe.

I still want to see this low 9's FWD drag car lol.
                  The worst of us have that elitest attitude that drifting is the only worthwhile motorsport. But most drifters have done and indeed enjoy all kinds of things. 9 second front wheel drive drag car is more of an engineering feet then anything else.. Well also though consider how careful you would have to be with the throttle.

anything doing 9 seconds is quite impressive as far as im concerned.

Comment

• Originally posted by 794hpfwd Drifting is for guys who can't build fast cars ... build a drift car with over 600 hp and see if you can even drive it straight.
                    Seriously, why are you here? Nobody is hating on Rado because he has sponsors. They are hating on him because of an article he wrote about drifting. As for your comments above, well I think they are downright stupid. -1 points for you. Tuning your power output for drag is very different than tuning your power output for drifting. Drifting usually involves a flat powerband for easy throttle control while drag racing usually involves peak hp with very steep powerbands. Your method of building a "fast" car does not apply to drifting. Signal Auto has a bunch of fast drag cars and they are deep in the Drifting scene here in the US. Their drag cars have over 600hp and yes they can drive them straight.

Comment

• Hey Parry. Open any magazine and you can see a 9 sec fwd car. That is not the issue we are on, we were comparing skill levels and sponsorships and being mainstream.
                      You can go on Honda Tech and ask them about me. They will verify all the info on my race car.

1994 Acura Integra

B18 Dart Block
                      B18C Dart Head/ Ferrea valves,springs,retainers,CTR cams
                      Wiseco piston 84.5mm bore
                      Eagle Rods
                      Eagle Crank
                      Z10 stud girdle
                      ARP Fastners
                      Full Race Turbo Manifold
                      Turbonetics t72 turbo
                      Spearco I/C
                      Turbonetics Racing gate
                      Turbonetics B/O/V
                      Sheet metal Intake
                      3" I/C Piping
                      Aeromotive fuel system 10an lines A100 PUMP/REG./FILTER
                      AEM Engine Management
                      RCEngineering 1000cc inj. x 4

Saenz trans gears
                      Enjo stage 7 axles
                      BBS 15" Dragwheels
                      M/T Slicks
                      Exedy Twin disk clutch

Comment

• Crazy Hawaiian, I said drift car not drag car. And the Signal cars are fast, but not fast enough to compete in the USA. Thier current all motor civic w/nsx motor. Still an 11 sec car, 4 all motor cars have gone into the 9's, and over 40 in the 10 sec. club.

"Their drag cars have over 600hp and yes they can drive them straight. "

Comment

Crazy Hawaiian, I said drift car not drag car. And the Signal cars are fast, but not fast enough to compete in the USA. Thier current all motor civic w/nsx motor. Still an 11 sec car, 4 all motor cars have gone into the 9's, and over 40 in the 10 sec. club.

"Their drag cars have over 600hp and yes they can drive them straight. "
                          Alright i didnt want to have to do them, However you are going WAY off topic. Please get back to drifting or start a new thread.

Comment

• Well my point was that a DRIFT car can not be compared to a DRAG car because they are built different. Two entirely different sports that require completely different skills, and different types of car setups/tunes. No a drift car will probably not be as fast as a drag car on the 1/4 mile strip. Not only are the engines tuned differently, the suspension setup is completely different, and the types of tires are completely different. Does this make drag racing better than drifting? Maybe if you were BIASED. How about you take a drag car out to the roadrace track and try to drift it? Tell me how far you get with that one. Its simple, the two sports can not rationally be compared at a skill or equipment level.

I brought up Signal Auto because they are a tuning shop that is involved with both scenes. I know their Drag Skyline has over 600hp. You say drifting is for people that cant build fast cars but guess what you're wrong. Here is a company that builds fast cars and also drifts.
                            Last edited by CrazyHawaiian; 05-27-2004, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Hey Parry. Open any magazine and you can see a 9 sec fwd car. That is not the issue we are on, we were comparing skill levels and sponsorships and being mainstream.
                              You can go on Honda Tech and ask them about me. They will verify all the info on my race car.

Nooo that is not the issue we are on. Listen to crazyhawaiian!
                              All we need is this to turn into a pissing contest between dragers and us.

We are very happy that you have a fast car, now go enjoy it and leave us alone.

Comment

Hey Parry. Open any magazine and you can see a 9 sec fwd car.
                                I wasn't doubting their existance so much as the existance of yours.

You rock the real deal

We are very happy that you have a fast car, now go enjoy it and leave us alone.
                                hahahaha that get's 2:

Comment

Working...
                                X