ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drifting's EASY According To Christian Rado (Quotes from SPORT COMPACT CAR)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's well known that his excuse regarding the editor changing the words is a big excuse...

My response all along has been to give him a chance to save face, but he ignored it.

I know some of the top drivers in the sport, and their response to him is about the same as the rest of us...

Comment

• oh man, I thought everything was fixed by now, but here we go again

Comment

• Interesting.Nice to see different faces from behind the scenes give their insight and opinion on the recent occurence of events/controversy.Gary,your a opinion,like many others,is a welcomed addition to this discussion,and others as well.

I never would've assumed that so much would come out of this,now we are actually getting to see the underlying factors behind the scenes and for what was said.Nice to see the thread also opended up for discussion-looking foward to Rado's response as well.

Comment

• *sigh* more crap you hear from people who think theyre hot *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*. (referring to first post).

i heard that christian guy was a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*. but i had no idea he thinks he's a good drifter. lol

Comment

• gary, where's my celi exhaust? I loaned it for the shoot out, not for you to keep

Comment

• gary

Wow...I must say that Gary's post shed a lot of light on this subject. I was one of the first to really bag on Rado on this thread and at first i felt a little bad because maybe i jumped the gun and let my emotions run a little hot. But now that i read what a true insider like Gary has to say it really does show what an idiot Rado is. It makes me laugh when Rado tries to pull that he's some "old school" drag racer. I'm not a drag racer but when Tony Fuchs, Dave Shih, and Myles Bautista were making records i don't recall seeing Rado anywhere. Now Rado is old school drifter because he started his truck in November??? Ok...sure pal. But, 90% of the drifting community might not have been hardcore for years and years and all but at least they came into it with total respect. Sometimes i think we need to import more than just 'JDM'...some cultural values based on humbleness and respect would be nice. And lastly, Gary, I think the entire import community appreciates your honesty on this one =).

Comment

• I must be really old school... Started modding the S14 back in '97...

Like I said of Rado, that's a FUBAR Public Relationships grenade he dropped on himself...

Comment

• quote:

Sometimes i think we need to import more than just 'JDM'...some cultural values based on humbleness and respect would be nice.
                  -carboy

i totally agree with you man, i just love the way you phrased that!
                  edit:

I must be really old school... Started modding the S14 back in '97...

THATS NOT OLD SKOOL THATS ANCIENT!

Comment

• Nah, my friend, with the T66 KAT, has been at it since '94...

I was around when import drag racing started getting big. Going to the battle of the imports, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by '97 S14 SE Turb
                      It's well known that his excuse regarding the editor changing the words is a big excuse...

My response all along has been to give him a chance to save face, but he ignored it.

I know some of the top drivers in the sport, and their response to him is about the same as the rest of us...
                      heres one we can agree on 100 percent...

But yeah gary i kindof thought that when i read your artical. I dont read import tuner regularly but i try to read all the mags when i can. Especialy when drifting is envolved!

Its cool though, I think alot of our words have touched Rado (not in an emotional sence) So hopefully he will be cool when he comes out. You know its cool to have crazy attitudes and outragous characters in drifting.. as long as under all that there is a respect for everyone in the sport... I was just in a long arguement with the person im quiting in this thread.. but i still question his skills and car. Besides guy cant be all that bad, he likes drifitng right?

same thing with Rado.. if his words turned you off, well hopefully he really enjoys drifting.. and thats something we can all agree on right there. So we welcome him out.. even if its with skepticism.

Comment

• lol. Yup! Word!

Comment

• Originally posted by '97 S14 SE Turb
                          Nah, my friend, with the T66 KAT, has been at it since '94...

I was around when import drag racing started getting big. Going to the battle of the imports, etc.
                          thats a while man. i been into it since 98. i used to drift old hachi's.

Comment

• Like I said earlier...

Originally posted by BooZTT
                            If Chris wants to drift..let him..bring it and we'll see what happens.

To anyone who wants to talk trash..I say fine..but back it up at the track where it counts. Drifting..well, I'm in it and love it because it's fun..that's about it. My $0.02
                            I respect Gary for having the bluntness for laying it out..I don't think it was d!ck Gary..just telling like it is (you know I know how you are..haha). Chris...the balls in your court..put the ball down and learn the sport first..then come back when you're ready to show us you really know what you're doing and can respect ALL of us. We're a tight knit group..most of us know each other..many of the circles never change (no matter what the skill level). Respect us and yourself and just be the fng and prove yourself where it counts..not with your mouth. I'm not trying to be a d!ck either, but come on man..you should know better.

Comment

• Originally posted by BooZTT
                              Like I said earlier...

I respect Gary for having the bluntness for laying it out..I don't think it was d!ck Gary..just telling like it is (you know I know how you are..haha). Chris...the balls in your court..put the ball down and learn the sport first..then come back when you're ready to show us you really know what you're doing and can respect ALL of us. We're a tight knit group..most of us know each other..many of the circles never change (no matter what the skill level). Respect us and yourself and just be the fng and prove yourself where it counts..not with your mouth. I'm not trying to be a d!ck either, but come on man..you should know better.

well put man. I don't drift yet(in a car in RL) but I have been into drifting for about 3 years now(2001) and the first time I saw it, I thought it was easy, until someone told me to try it in GT. I spun out first time, and second, and third, ect. I came into it with an open mind and I liked it for the same reason Step P. liked it, it looked cool and it seems to be fun. I am 16 now and I need to work summer so I can save up for a 240Z, but yea as pretty much everyone said, it is a tight kint group, I'm not so sure if I'm a part of that group on this site because I don't post all that much here. I pop up every now and then. I wish I could have gotten into it earlier because back in '96 I belive it was, the first drift event in the U.S. when Keiichi came in the 180SX and it was a small group of less than 70 from what I understand. it must have been cool.

anyway, I've seen some videos from members on here and I can only give a thumbs up, it looks good to me. and CrazyHawaiian, I saw you on Grip video if I'm not mistaken, frackin awesome man. I've been meaning to compliment you about it but I never got around to it.

and BooZTT, was that you on Grip vol. 2 in hawaii with Mike in your black 300ZX there? it looked very nice and smooth.

I was a bit pissed to about Rado's column, but he will learn over time that respect is need and not dollars. so I'm open to him trying it out and trying to become part of the drifting community, as long as he doesn't go to crazy with the money and everything. as I said, I though it was easy when I saw it, but then I tried it.
                              he will become more mature about it(hopefully) and who knows, he might become as good as Andy Yen or Alex P.

rock.

Comment

• ah 1st post for a while finally back

what a douchebag

Comment

Working...
                                X