ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drifting's EASY According To Christian Rado (Quotes from SPORT COMPACT CAR)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hachi Kid
    as long as he doesn't go to crazy with the money and everything
    dude this guy had a 20k dollar cellphone (lost it, haha) and he's getting a lexus GS400 twin turbo'ed by swift racing (http://www.swiftracing.com/), this guy is already crazy with money!

Comment

• I wish I had cash like that .

Anyways, it's good that you came out straight to the point Gary. With your backups, it's really easier to believe what you're saying. I give you the nod for that. Haha.

Comment

• I think everyone is going to make there own decision about Rado. But since we are talking about people getting into drifting I have noticed the same attitude with other people that are considered professional drifters. As a whole most of them hang out in the pits and will talk to anyone that walks up to them and asks questions. But there are a limited number of professional drifters one or two that just stay locked in thier trailer and wonder why people boo thier car when they come out. Also brought up in this tread is the use money and not so traditional cars in drifting. I guess this could be seen as a good thing or a bad thing. I went to the Drift event at road atlanta. Being from the south this was really my first chance to see a true drift competition in person. At this event I wondered about the viper and the GTO. It was fasinating to see these cars drift but at the same time it was kinda hard to cheer for the viper do to the fact that a stock viper has over 400 hp. The contest between the Sam's viper and alex's AE86 was amazing. In fact while the viper won I was more impressed with the fact that the AE86 almost passed the vastly superior viper than the fact that the viper actually passed the AE86. I am taking nothing away from the fact that Sam is a good drifter but it was way more impressive to see a little 4 cyl corolla even keep up with the 10 cyl viper than to see the viper actually pass the corolla. So in all I think that different types of cars and money is already in drifting and I do not know if it is the best thing? At the same time if they are going to bring drifting to America of course american companies are going to do it thier way. A crap load of displacement in a pushrod engine. It is definitely different but at the same time is it fair?

Comment

• i think it is fair. It's fair because in drifting, unlike many other motorsports, its the driver that has more control whether he wins or loses, not the car. look at all those ppl that beat S15s and RX-7's with approx. 400 hp with Truenos that have only 200 hp (Ueo last year at Irwindale).

Comment

• Originally posted by swifty949
            gary, where's my celi exhaust? I loaned it for the shoot out, not for you to keep
            First off, I never did a Celica exhaust shootout, and second why is it that you are convinced that I did the shootout. You tried calling me about it and I stated I didnt do a shootout yet you still think I did it?? If I had your Veilside exhaust, I would definately give it to you but seeing how the only test I did on a Celica was in Power Page four years ago with a TRD exhaust I don't think I could give you what I don't have. The man you are speaking about is Rob Choo. While, we are both asian and our last names start with a C, I am not Rob!!! So for the last time, stop harassing me about it and try calling ROB about the story ROB wrote for YOUR Celica exhuast. See now I really look like I'm angry all the time when I'm really a guy that will talk to anyone. if you want Rob's Work number call me and I will transfer you to him personally. Sorry if this offended anyone.

Comment

• Listen guys, what I meant by my post is, Rado is trying to get into the drifting scene which is supposed to be known for the warm, friendly, low-pressure atmosphere which is exactly the opposite of what you are displaying to Rado here.

He saw drifting at the D1GP last year and he probably wants to do it cause it looks fun, not because it is the cool thing to do at the moment. Sure he came off really arrogant in his article, but people do change and I suspect he will too. we can't stand here and stone him for all the mistakes that he did and we probably committed earlier in life as well.

I would like to see that Rado gets a warm welcome and that he becomes a bit more humble, sure I am a kid in MS that doesn't even drift yet(in a car at least), but I have the same attitude as most of the professionals when it comes to new people trying to get in on drifting.

teach him, not scold him. if you guys are going to be this way to him, he might miss out on a good experience and not really want to be part of what is happeneing because it might seem to him that drifters are a bunch of arrogant jerks who will make fun of you if you screw up, because that is what you guys are coming of as from my point of view.

so guys, just lighten up on him a bit and offer him your hand, not the back of it.

rock.

Comment

• actually in his artical he states he wants into it because thats where the business is going and he runs a business... I was abit surprised to read that too.

Comment

• errrrmmmmm, you shutup

rock.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hachi Kid
                    errrrmmmmm, you shutup

rock.
                    lol.. hey i just got a chance to read the whole artical yesterday. I was pretty shocked by some of the stuff not said here already. when i get a copy ill post some of it.

Comment

• this is still funny!! I love it

Comment

• Rado

I don't know if this was covered yet, I don't have time to read 14 pages of posts right now, but this is something I realize: I't seems as though American mainstream motorsports is all about rivalry and boasting, but the Japanese culture is much more about respect, and humbling yourself.That is, realizing that you may not know everything, that you always have more to learn. Christian Rado sounds as though he has a bit to learn, and hell, I know I have even more to learn than he. Just stay respectful and help be part of the solution, not part of the problem.
                        Last edited by Pennyman; 06-04-2004, 02:04 PM.

Comment

• yeah, i think its been said.

Comment

• Originally posted by gc pwr
                            First off, I never did a Celica exhaust shootout, and second why is it that you are convinced that I did the shootout. You tried calling me about it and I stated I didnt do a shootout yet you still think I did it?? If I had your Veilside exhaust, I would definately give it to you but seeing how the only test I did on a Celica was in Power Page four years ago with a TRD exhaust I don't think I could give you what I don't have. The man you are speaking about is Rob Choo. While, we are both asian and our last names start with a C, I am not Rob!!! So for the last time, stop harassing me about it and try calling ROB about the story ROB wrote for YOUR Celica exhuast. See now I really look like I'm angry all the time when I'm really a guy that will talk to anyone. if you want Rob's Work number call me and I will transfer you to him personally. Sorry if this offended anyone.
                            Damn now i look like the *Censored**Censored**Censored*...sorry gary. But, please understand my frustrations.

Comment

• Originally posted by nissanguy_24
                              lol.. hey i just got a chance to read the whole artical yesterday. I was pretty shocked by some of the stuff not said here already. when i get a copy ill post some of it.

yea, refer to the last line of my post, or this one

"so guys, just lighten up on him a bit and offer him your hand, not the back of it"

yea, thats it.

rock.

Comment

• [thread jack] This is a bit off topic, but doesn't anybody other than myself feel weird hearing, "I have the same attitude as most of the professionals when it comes to new people trying to get in on drifting" coming from a kid who doesn't even drive and talked about going home and drifting in Gran Tourismo? Hachi Kid, slow down on talking about the scene and such like you're way deep. Your time will come but right now it just seems strange. [/thread jack]

Comment

Working...
                                X