ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drifting's EASY According To Christian Rado (Quotes from SPORT COMPACT CAR)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like SCC, but I have never cared to read Chris' articles, I never really cared for drag that much. I liked their articles ,Racing For $7,000 because it had a 91 - 94 Sentra SE-R that they worked on. It was a really good write up for the few magazines it made. I will keep reading and keep hating Chris.

Comment

Originally posted by nissanguy_24
      We do not close threads simply because one members has desided that "everything" has been said. If you no longer wish to participate then do not post in the thread.
      yes sir...

Comment

I dont know if anyone has said this because i really dont feel like reading through 7 pages of posts. But if he wants to talk sh!t let his skills on the "DRIFT" track tell the truth. we will all see at whatever event he comes to.

i dont agree with what he said either but like i said lets just waite and see how he does. if he wins, then we will talk sh!t about him. HAHAHA

Comment

Originally posted by swifty949
          I have hated SCC for years. Christian's way of thinking is typical of SCC. They think they are always high and mighty. All of a sudden they pick up a s13, and they turn into a "JDM" magazine, yet the new issues has mostly civics in there...i hate those high and mighty bastards...
          Since when did "turn in to a 'JDM' magazine"? They picked up the S13 and made it handle like a go kart. Then they attempted to drift it, and they admitted they sucked. They're not trying to impress anyone. AND, they're more informative than any other magazine out there, unless you can read Option magazines. It's alot better than Super Street talking about getting noticed with LED window squirters.

Comment

i dont want to go back through all my issues to find when they tried to go "JDM". I liked SCC a lot better when the older editors were there.
            I've been reading this mag for 5 years. Super Street is not your LED Squirter kind of magazine, but they do write articles that are brainless. I think Import Tuner is your LED light magazine...(also from the McMullen Crew) I do like Mike Kojima's SCC articles, but the current guys at SCC know nothing of the Japan scene, yet act like they do. Yes i do know, because i am in the industry and have dealt with them on many occasions. A lot of my other industry friends also feel the same about SCC.

Comment

Originally posted by Feint
              Personally I enjoy SCC,it is quite technical compared to the rest.Also,those Hondas aren't what I would call rice,they can put down good numbers(I hate Civics,but I have to give credit to where it is due).Christians opinions don't reflect the magazine,but his views.I don't like Christian,I'll admit that.I also would not have a problem telling him everything I've said here directly to him.

Yes....

btw,,,Christian Rado coimpeted for The Fast and the Furious cup.So him saying that he's driving his 2 fast 2 furious cars is believable,

Comment

I am a big fan of SCC, so its a JDM magazine?? who cares, i like stuff from japan. So this current issue has alot of civics in it? who cares, dont buy it. Hell theres rarely ever a honda in SCC let alone a civic. Yet thats a big part of the market so they have a civic issue. So there project Silvia has a Silvia motor and headlights.. yes thats so hardcore JDM. i must of missed the issue where coleman spent 60 dollars on ebay on Silvia trunk locks.

They built a care that pulls 1 G on the skidpad and runs high 12 second quarter mile times for under 15 grand. Very inspirational to all S13 owners. SCC is my favorite.. and one of the best all around Import magazines you can buy in america. With a wide range of articals from sleepers that run drag races on the streets to rally cars. From Astheticly pleasing professional race cars to shitbox project cars. so maybe Rado is an idiot.. but the thing is, i never read Rado's collume before.. no reason to, didnt interest me, i read a few here and there, but im always more interested in the technobable artical.

I dont know anywere in the magazine they claimed to be kings of rally racing, or kings of the JDM scene or kings of anything.. Hell half of Coleman's articals are him making fun of his mistakes. From trying to buy a old prince skyline to a botched road trip, to a poor performance at the d1 driver search to there last illprepared rally race.

Even if they are editors at a popular magazine, just because they go to a rally doesnt mean they have to know everything. So your rally friends said they dont know what there doing. Well if me and a friend attended a rally race, we wouldnt know what we were doing either, but i would still write about it and post it on this site. Maybe you and your friends in the 'industry' need to lighten up. So what if a few of the guys are jerks. Thats why we complain about them. But it has nothing to do with the quality of the publication. Thats a whole different issue. And i have never felt riped off after paying for an issue of sport compact car. i have when buying other magazines though.
                Last edited by nissanguy_24; 05-26-2004, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Thats great that you like it. I still dont, and that is my own opinion which i am happy to voice about

Comment

Was that just the real Rado or another imposter? I wasn't expecting this thread to explode,wow what a ride.

Comment

• First of all how many of you guys have actually met me in person and I don't mean see me at a distance at an event a say Oh that guys a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* but have never actually spoken with me that have written something about me here....? Ok well second of all I wasn't talking smack on drifting, drift events, drift cars, or drivers. So to hear all this *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* talking up hear saying how I'm a this and that is pretty good. Anyway you say I trash talked the drivers how did I do that? Did I say they were a bunch of jerks that didn't no *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* about driving? No all I said was it seemed like the Japanese guys kept to themselves a lot more rather than trying to interact more with the spectators...and yes I understand that some of those guys don't speak really good english or english at all. Still I have raced in Canada a number of time outside Quebec in the country at a track called Sanair where no one speaks English but I still made every effort to make those fans feel special. As for the cars for the most part I liked them and some of them were put together very well but still I can't sponsors wanting to get involved with an old beat-up car in the US. Not that they aren't a good race car take it from me I know I went through the same *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* with my Integra as a matter of fact that car and my celica had a GHETTO GLIDER sticker on the side of the car.......why? Because it was really beat up and was held together with bondo, zip ties and duck tape but it was really fast, and that where sport compact drags started. All the car where hot rodder boxes of crap that went in a straight line. Then some people decided they wanted to try and make a career out of this so the bar had to be raised cleaner cars, more professional looking teams, etc. and if you guy make everyone out there think that this is some lost ancient mystery ( Drifting ) no one else is going to get out there with you and give it a shot. Then those of you that would like to do it for a living will never get a shot because the sport won't grow. So don't take my words of professional critism so deeply, I only mean to help the sport why do you think we brought MTV there because we think so highly of it and want to help it mature and not run into some of the problems that Drag Racing did. By the way I have nothing but the utmost respect for all the drivers big and small anyone who gets out and trys to make it happen and would never falter them for trying.......so why do it to me?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rado
                        By the way I have nothing but the utmost respect for all the drivers big and small anyone who gets out and trys to make it happen and would never falter them for trying.......so why do it to me?
                        Because that respect you have wasnt not made aparent by the words you used. Instead what we heard was some one who wasnt a drifter. Talking about how hes going to swagger on in and show us Drifters how its really done, after all its not any more difficult in doing burn outs in highschool.

It would be abit like if some rich horse breeder bought your drag racing team to show you how to "really race" well wouldnt you think "what the hell does this guy know about racing cars?" Yeah its kindof like that.

Thats why.

Its hard to say the japanese drivers didnt interact with the fans, especialy after seeing them sign stuff and take photos with members of this forum.. Now compare that to Nascar or something.. not exactly open pits is it? We like what we do here in the drifting community, we take critizism very harsh. Especialy when it seems to come from the outside and seems to come with out respect. Alot of us are very humble and respectful people. Brash attitudes and personalities dont always seem that warm to us.

There are other issues of course. Some where brought up in a recent Import Tuner colume about famous drag racers getting sponsorship money to drift, when they have never won a drift competition. The same critizisms where made of Sam Hubinette and Rhys Millen, they where pros from various other kinds of racing, dispite the fact they shared some aspecs of drifting, we didnt welcome them at first. However they proved them selfs on the track. And in Drifting, like so many other forms of racing, Thats all that maters.

Alot of these critizism are probably unfair to you. However we dont really know you like you said. You comming to the board and explaining things your self is a first step. If you want to come and drift, thats cool, but dont expect very much respect until we see you slide.

Comment

• I admire Rado for confronting the issue online here. He does have some good points, just it may have not been conveyed properly on paper.

The bar should be raised for a professional level, but at D1 those cars participating, are at the top of the game. They have the look, some cars in Formula D also are on top of the game. The great thing about the series is if your car is built to Formula D spec, anyone grass roots can enter. Not many people dont have the financial freedom to support thier living, let alone a budget dedicated to making sure the car is always looking pretty. The article you wrote is confusing, because it's not addressing the specifics of who you are talking about. Are you talking about the pro levels, or are you talking to the grass root people?

Comment

• [QUOTE]Originally posted by nissanguy_24
                            [B]Because that respect you have wasnt not made aparent by the words you used. Instead what we heard was some one who wasnt a drifter. Talking about how hes going to swagger on in and show us Drifters how its really done, after all its not any more difficult in doing burn outs in highschool.

It would be abit like if some rich horse breeder bought your drag racing team to show you how to "really race" well wouldnt you think "what the hell does this guy know about racing cars?" Yeah its kindof like that.

First of all I not some super rich racer I'm sick of the stereo types you don't even know me or anything really about me I have been going broke on a weekly basis since I started racing cars almost ten years ago. Yes building my own cars from my own money that I work very hard seven days a week anyway that's not the topic second of all I don't have any factory backed drifting program. I asked the guys at Toyota if I could get my hands on one of the dollar car prototypes of the X-Runner so I could go out with a car I build on my own dime a help put on a good show with you guys if you need someone to hate just for the sake of it go ahead. Also I never said I was going to go out there to teach people how it's done, I was loving life at that D1 event and even had my driving gear in my car to see if some one would give me a chance. I started racing as a grass roots racer and will always be always want to get more seat time and always willing to learn where I can. Do think that drag racing is the only thing I've done I've been road racing before I even knew what drags were. How many of you have raced big road course like Laguna or Lime Rock?
                            Seriously for you people to take some of the words in that atricle so seriously and hate me for it......just makes me feel bad for you.
                            Mind you that I don't even see the column before it goes to print and a lot of the wording gets changed up by them to make it more
                            dramatic for their magazine and I don't even know until I see it but the general are mine 95% of the time. The lounge chair thing with the cigarettes I definately didn't write.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rado
                              First of all I not some super rich racer I'm sick of the stereo types you don't even know me or anything really about me I have been going broke on a weekly basis since I started racing cars almost ten years ago. Yes building my own cars from my own money that I work very hard seven days a week anyway that's not the topic second of all I don't have any factory backed drifting program. I asked the guys at Toyota if I could get my hands on one of the dollar car prototypes of the X-Runner so I could go out with a car I build on my own dime a help put on a good show with you guys if you need someone to hate just for the sake of it go ahead. Also I never said I was going to go out there to teach people how it's done, I was loving life at that D1 event and even had my driving gear in my car to see if some one would give me a chance. I started racing as a grass roots racer and will always be always want to get more seat time and always willing to learn where I can. Do think that drag racing is the only thing I've done I've been road racing before I even knew what drags were. How many of you have raced big road course like Laguna or Lime Rock?
                              Seriously for you people to take some of the words in that atricle so seriously and hate me for it......just makes me feel bad for you.
                              Mind you that I don't even see the column before it goes to print and a lot of the wording gets changed up by them to make it more
                              dramatic for their magazine and I don't even know until I see it but the general are mine 95% of the time. The lounge chair thing with the cigarettes I definately didn't write.
                              Remember i said thats how its precieved. Not that thats what you said, or thats what you are. Its cool that your doing it on your own dime though. Thanks for clearing that up. What i wrote was to help you understand how we felt. Not to write a perfect biography on you.

Comment

• Originally posted by swifty949
                                I admire Rado for confronting the issue online here. He does have some good points, just it may have not been conveyed properly on paper.

The bar should be raised for a professional level, but at D1 those cars participating, are at the top of the game. They have the look, some cars in Formula D also are on top of the game. The great thing about the series is if your car is built to Formula D spec, anyone grass roots can enter. Not many people dont have the financial freedom to support thier living, let alone a budget dedicated to making sure the car is always looking pretty. The article you wrote is confusing, because it's not addressing the specifics of who you are talking about. Are you talking about the pro levels, or are you talking to the grass root people?
                                You have to understand I been dying to get to a drift event for over a year now and this was my first experience... like I said I loved everything about it. But as a experienced racer saw something that would be a odbvious problem for the growth of the sport. Like I said too many people think it's some huge mystery to go drifting well we need to change that so events get bigger and more people want to participate...it helps everyone involved. I sorry that the column is so vegue but they at the magazine don't allow me to aloborate on subjects as much as I'd like. Of course the Pro Level cars where not ghetto but those guys still could of done a better job interacting with fans and again the quote in the column "but that's no excuse for not representing yourself your team or your sponsors" didn't come from my mouth or keyboard, again thats the magazines colorful way of making me more dramatic.

Comment

Working...
                                X