No announcement yet.

VW Wins Against A Porsche

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A 3 ring Audi symbol? It must be busted...

I think you'll only see VW's name in the manufacturer's stamp on the underside of the hood.

-MR

Comment

Originally posted by DoriFuta-
      Excellent Post, Gave me some real insight to what engines can fit into my car.
      Would you know where i would be able to get some Euro style body kits for my 85 Golf?

Bumpers,Lights,Fenders, anything would help, Since my car is spray pianted black (poorly done), bumpers are fallin off and my head lights really aren't that bright.
      No one really makes a body kit for these cars...the closest is probably the Deitrich front bumper. They do make a variety of grill spoilers and headlight setups.

Here...this guy is running the Deitrich front end, along with a bunch of other stuff. This car put down 360 at the wheels on the dyno...I don't really like it's style though

There's also just the late-spec "big bumpers", which are cheaper and easier and look fine. I like this car...and he's got the same problem as you. See how he's holding his bumper on with hood pins? lol.

The bumpers do have a thing about falling off. You can get new corner clips for like 3 dollars each at the dealer and at least keep the corners from drooping and just hanging.

Your car has the "small bumpers". If you want to be really euro, find some euro smalls (note the intercooler just barely poking out, lol):

Even smaller then the north american small bumpers, and they have the big euro plate holder. Very cool.

As far as dim headlights, make sure they are aimed properly. That will help, and it's free. Then, go out and spend a few dollars on the needed relays, wire, and connectors, and make up your own headlight relay kit. The wiring they used for the headlights is old, small, indirect, and generally crappy. Relays will make even stock lights and bulbs much brighter. im or find me on AIM and i can explain how you'd do it or grab a few pictures of mine.

As far as the poor spraypaint, you can always throw on another coat and smooth it out a bit.

And...Audi, Volkswagen, Lamborghini, Seat, Bently, Bugatti, and Skoda are all one big conglomerate. So you were all kinda correct .

Comment

Thank Much

Those are some nice lookin pix.

Thanx for all your info.

I didn't know that many car componies were affilated with eachother.

Comment

No problem.

msg me or post i'll help you with what I can if you decide to undertake a resoration or whatever.

Comment

Working...
          X