7M-GTE Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7M-GTE Swap

I am buying a 1985 Toyota Corolla SR5 soon and was how i could swap a 7M-GTE into my car and what all it would take. Yes i know, corollas should be powered by a 4AG but i thought i'd do something different for this one. How much will this upset the weight disipution on the car? any info please post

Club4ag would be a much better place to ask since most people here don't know the difference between an SR5 and a GTS anyhow. No Offense to them, but I'm just saying you'd have much better luck on the Club4ag boards. I remember a couple years back there was a guy in San Diego that did this swap, it was a monster! It is a very involved swap, most would recommend having it done by someone who has done it before.
    Good Luck!
    -Tim

Comment

Agreed - people here will be able to tell that you will gain weight up front and that some of the parts will be interchangable but some won't and you might run into trouble fitting a 7M 5-speed into the Corolla's trans. tunnel, but that's about it.

The 4AG boards won't smoke you for doing a different swap, and they may even have a member who has done the very same thing.

Additionally, I would suggest looking into the www.supraforums.com and www.celicasupra.com for information on the 7M and it's infamous head-gasket problem as well as solutions.

Hope this helps...

-MR

Comment

Give my guys at suprafourms.com or socalsupras.com a try but please search before you post Q's .

Comment

Working...
        X