Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the point of drifting?!

Before i get flamed..........

I am a fan of drifting just like all of you are and i like it for the same reasons as you guys/girls do. but........
    Today in school, I was asked by a friend if i liked drifting (of course i said yes). then he looked at me funny and asked "whats the point of it?" I had no clue what to say.
    This question has been in my head all day now and i still can't really answer it. Someone help me out!

ask your friend, whats the point of drag racing? Or whats the point of skating? It's all for fun & competition.

Comment

To sport your style

-MR

Comment

Also ask yourself what's the point of having a street car that can go fast if you can only go 60mph/100kph(give or take a few miles)?

Comment

the other thing i've been looking at about drifting (dont get me wrong i love drifting) is that it is not a very practical driving style, grip driving is almost always better/faster and more economical (u dont burn through tires as fast), but hey thats my 2 cents i mean what do i know

Comment

Fun, Fun and More Fun

Comment

Finally I have an answer

Thanks for all the replies.

my answer- Drifting is me, you do it to because you like it, its fun, and it shows who you are. What's the point of going straight when you can drift. It's exciting. It's an adrenaline rush. Its something to do.

Lol. I feel like i can write an essay now.

Thanks alot.

Comment

whats the point of doing anything other than sleeping eating and reproducing once. RIDDLE ME THAT MOFOS

Comment

whats the point of doing anything other than sleeping eating and reproducing once. RIDDLE ME THAT MOFOS
                  Lol!, Thats a good one

Comment

chicks

Comment

Simple...

Get him in your car, get on a track and get sideways...

Then let him out and ask...

"Whats the point of drifting?"

If he can even reply i'm sure it will be a sign of his immediate understanding of what is all DORI!

Comment

i guess you dont love what you do

ask; whats the point of living..and what made him ask such a question?...and then when he truthfully answers your question, he'll know why you drift...

Comment

Originally posted by mranlet
                          To sport your style

-MR
                          I think it's to style your sport.
                          Drifting is more of a style element, not exactly the best way to race if you're looking for maximum speed, efficiency, and minimum lap time.

Comment

Drifting shows your talent at driving. It takes alot of skill to push a car to it's limits of G Forces, Inertia, Tire grip, and still make the turn. It's the biggest adrenaline rush I get, except when I go like 50 in a parking lot and rip up the e-brake in the middle of winter...

Comment

Re: Finally I have an answer

Originally posted by Chaos
                              What's the point of going straight when you can drift.
                              Well, who are we to bash drag racing? I mean are you sure you want to stoop down to their level? Different people like different things. Plus its kind of stupid to say, "What’s the point when you can drift..." your just being as closed minded as some drag racers when it comes to drifting. Like drifting, drag racing also involved skill, yes it involves a whole different type of skill but skill none the less.

Drifting to me is showing your driving technique. Some people may kick it out hard as hell and take the turn slow and smooth where other people might charge the turn and hang on for their life. I guess it’s just their personality.

--adam

Comment

Working...
                              X