No announcement yet.

What's the point of drifting?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drifting is in the journey, more than the destination.

Comment

I just learned of a new internet term today:

"Thread Necromancer"

Look it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Parry View Post
        What's the point of anything?

what's the point in putting a tranny in my jetta? "It's just an old jetta" "why do you waste money on that thing?" ( I roasted the old tranny breaking traction at the top of 2nd coming out of a corner. Oops.)

What's the point in building another GTI? Didn't I learn when I put my old one in the woods? What am I, an idiot?

If you look at it from the perspective of a higher-up, there's no point in anything we do. We exist as if Earth is some sort of bizzare hive-world. We provide labor for the factories, votes for leaders, and bodies for war. That is all the world expects of us, and if that's good enough for you then I suggest you sell your car and start taking the bus straight to your double shifts at the nearest low-paying place of employment.

Some people have religion...some people politics, some money, some sex, some cocaine, some rock and roll, some poetry, some photography, some alcohol, some television or video games. Whatever it is, everyone has something that they do, something that they can point to and say "this is me, this is what I am". For most of us here, that thing is cars and driving them.

The point of driving, and drifting, isn't going fast, or looking good, or being skillfull. The point is that it's a release. It's something to focus on that is actually demanding off the mental and emotional force that even the dullest and most mundane human can command. Driving is who and what we are, and without it we are just one more lost person with an econobox and a bad case of roadrage, someone who's angry and they don't know why when the reason is right in front of them. They have nothing to live for.
        This was awesome. Props!

Comment

Working...
        X