A question on conversions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question on conversions

I was looking at getting a 240sx/180sx and i saw a really nice 180 i think, cant remember, but it was the fastback (or whatever you call it) and had the j spec tailights, but it had the front end of a s13 with a sr20det in it. And i was wondering. How hard would it be to do this conversion? Im sure theres a lot of work that would have to go in it. And it could be done, but where would you get the body panels and the lights and stuff??

I have some pics of it that ill post later. my host is down. But it looked very clean and i would love to do that to my own car.

u mean a sileighty right? it would seem that those arent very hard to convert too (dont know from personal experience). just get the fenders, headlights, hood, a bumper, headlight brackets...im not sure if u havta get something special for the fenders, but i think u need to do something with the bumber mount for the s13 bumper to fit. i dunno what else you'de need.

Comment

Check ebay. There's usually front conversions. The coupe and hatchback are identical so it's not more difficult than a silvia conversion on the coupe, the fenders are the same.

Comment

its all bolt on you just need the mentioned parts and do alittle wireing. Took me 2 hours to do.
        Attached Files

Comment

what are the rims on the front called??? gah! so sweet...

Comment

longchamp xr4

Comment

Does anyone know where to get some Longchamps?

Comment

ok, here are the pics. And it looks like instead of an actual s13 front end, he just took the headlights and got a body kit, but i dont know what the body kit is. But the headlights look different from the picture you showed me...

Here are the pics:

Comment

well, on the pic driftxtreem put up, the car had s13 projector lights. the headlights on the pic u put up are the regular kind..not sure what theyre specifically called.

and i guess u could take an s13 front end and use most of the parts for the conversion. youde just need to change out the 180sx fenders for s13 fenders, then change the hood, put in the headlight brackets and the headlights, then put on the bumper. im not sure what else would be involved in the process..besides the wiring.

Comment

yeah, id probably go with the projection headlights anyway. But thanks for all the info.

Comment

Kakume or rectengular lights are the most sought after. In Japan for desent used set they go for around 300 the projectors come in two and three and are the most abundant. I want the Kakumes to go with my GTR grill.

Comment

Re: A question on conversions

Originally posted by iownju
                        I was looking at getting a 240sx/180sx and i saw a really nice 180 i think, cant remember, but it was the fastback (or whatever you call it) and had the j spec tailights, but it had the front end of a s13 with a sr20det in it. And i was wondering. How hard would it be to do this conversion? Im sure theres a lot of work that would have to go in it. And it could be done, but where would you get the body panels and the lights and stuff??

I have some pics of it that ill post later. my host is down. But it looked very clean and i would love to do that to my own car.

go to www.240sx.org boards they will help you with all your nissan s13 mods.

Comment

Working...
                        X