Evo 8 Mr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evo 8 Mr

I was looking at another site and there was a thread on US SPec EVO 8 MR's. I know the EVO 8's aren't doing well here and Mitsubishi is thinking about just pulling out evo's altogether out of the US. So i highly doubt you can buy a EVO MR here right? (for the record: MR doesn't mean RS)

from what i heard they're gonna release it here.

Comment

MR (Mitsubishi Racing) is even more hardcore than RS. It loses 300 pounds and gets a bigger turbo. It also has a 6 speed gear box and better wheels and tires. I've heard that it's still going to go on sale late 2005 model year. It's gonna cost $33,000.

Comment

Sport Compact Car did a little 2-page article on it - I'm sure that you can find more info on their site.

The MR is a stripped down version and slightly boosted-up version of the EVO. They took out the A/C, soundproofing, and a bunch of other "non-essential" stuff to improve the power/weight. IMO, it's not THAT signifigantly faster than the EVO and kind of a gimmick (I can perform lightening myself for 1/10th the cost).

-MR

Comment

But dosn't it also now get the ACD (or was it AYC?) that the US Spec Evo 8 was missing? Raising the lateral G's from .89 G's to .98 G's stock? I read that somewhere, and my eyebrows did the O_o If its true, thats amazing, and the car just made my wish list. Only thing that turns me off about the Evo so far is it runs so much boost stock. Kind of cuts into your "cheap power" buffer. But maybe with the bigger turbo it'll run lower boost?

Comment

the Evo RS is the stripped down lightened version, It actualy coast a grand or two less then the regular Evo. The MR is the Evo8s american big brother. Bigger turbo. nearly 300 lbs less weight. And all kinds of other goodies. i dont know if the power will be any greater from the factory but it will be able to push more out with the bigger turbo.

Its suposed to be pull either a G or just short of a G on the skidpad.

if someone else has already posted this then i apologise. I didnt read the other post.

Comment

Originally posted by nissanguy_24
              Its suposed to be pull either a G or just short of a G on the skidpad.
              So does my CRX and it cost more than $27,000 less

The MR is definately coming to the US market

Didn't the standard EVO already have a 6-speed?

-MR

Comment

Originally posted by mranlet
                So does my CRX and it cost more than $27,000 less

The MR is definately coming to the US market

Didn't the standard EVO already have a 6-speed?

-MR
                Hahahaha I know. Guys with good rubber and suspension setups will do that in old GTI's, and they go for like 2 grand or less all day long.

The evo's aight...lots of power, lots and lots of grip, but I always thought it looked a little silly. Like a shopping cart, nice and square with a big handle on the back to push it with. Plus, like CH said you'd have to drop coin to make more power with it...it looks to be awfully close to it's maximum potential from the fatory.

I thought they had 6 speeds too...

Comment

You can boost the living crap out of the 4G even with the stock bottom end, but it would seem that the factory turbo (what is it, a T25 or something?) is close to it's limit of flow.

Styling is a bit off in my mind as well - it's a sort of "used to be a sleeper but isn't anymore" kind of thing. If Mistubishi had just put on a little discrete "EVO VIII" badge on the trunk, dropped the front lip a little, and maybe even add some mini-flares to the fenders of the standard Lancer then it would have been better than the surfboard wing and loud curves.

I'll still buy an STi over the Evo though, but I am a Subaru guy...

-MR

Comment

Do you by chance know how hard you can boost the 4G?

I agree with your styling analysis. It does just look "off".

From what I gather, the Scooby trannies aren't all that impressive. Around here the Evo's always seem to run better and launch better then the STI's at the dragway too, whatever that means.

By the way, there's a CRX I think you'd kill for down the street from me. CRX Si, 64,000 miles, single owner car with maintnence records etc, totally unmolsted and rust free. He wants like 5k though.

Comment

the evo 8's came with a 5 speed form what i remember. the RS came with a 6. also, i talked to a mitsu rep and if i remember correctly their pulling 19psi stock on that thing.

Comment

You would think its near the end of the stock turbos potential wouldnt you? I did, until i saw the latest sport compact car magazine, they had 8 diferent evos, all of various states of tune, and the one with the thickest power band was running a stock turbo, making close to 350 horse power at the wheels. of course it made the most low end power too. most the other evos had after market turbos, Some of these cars where running 11s and pulling then a G on the skidpad.

Comment

ok....i think the stylin on the EVO8s arent that bad at all, just that the the nose might be just a bit off my taste but i think the rest of the car is damn sexy and i think the fenders flare out pretty damn good, then the performance part...it is by far 1 of the best handlin cars out in the market today, i think we all know that it out handles the STI(not that im a STI hater...i love subies) but it does handle better then the STI, but the motor can easily be brouhgt up to the STI level with little mods like exhaust, intercooler, and just the small stuff...just that the small stuff tend to have a pretty big price tags on them...but even in stock form in compare of its own power percentage ratio i think it lays down more wheel hp then the STI, cause with 275 at the fly wheel it gets about 230's at the wheels while the STI has 300 at fly wheel but puts about the same at the wheels........and yes...EVOs r set at 19psi's and i know a bit about the EVO cause my dad has 1....which makes me really sad cause i never get to take it out....hahha

Comment

craziazzmofo66...
                            too poor to drift and u dad drives an evo... lol

Comment

Originally posted by yarzan
                              craziazzmofo66...
                              too poor to drift and u dad drives an evo... lol
                              yep.....thats life....sigh.....he doesnt help me with any car financial things anymore.....haha

Comment

Working...
                              X