This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Owning a Parking Lot...

My parents just bought a 1 acre piece of real estate for 30 grand so I'm wondering, how many acres would you guys think would be large enough to hold drifting competitions? 16 maybe? Thats 480 grand. Than pavement and labor, which I would assume to cost 300 grand upwards. 780 grand in total.
    Thats about it. Owning one huge parking lot. One really huge parking lot. One nice skid pad. It would need alotta sponsorships from banks and auto companies alike but in the long run, I think it could prove to be a sucessful investment by hosting numerous events not only drifting or auto events. Whaddya guys think? Anyone else with big business schemes or planning to keep 'em secret? I just thought this was an interesting idea because a drift land right now wouldn't "flow" (wait a decade and maybe you'll see one in the states) but a huge parking lot would allow a variety of events to be held on the black top. I also forgot an actual parking lot in the total but for the for the first couple of years, the skid pad will double as one. What do you guys think?

start saving those pennies

Comment

I doubt you can make back $480,000 from Drift Events. But it's your call.

Comment

FYI Ebisu Nishi course made over a million last year. Thats one track allone out of 9

Comment

That's Japan though. Despite drifting's newfound popularity here, I think initial profits would be very low, if not nonexistant.

Comment

30 grand an acre? thats alot. in utah, in the mountain area, you can get like 30 acres for 30 grand

Comment

Hmm. I say just borrow your local grocery stores, if you know what I meen.

Comment

Originally posted by prodigy
                Hmm. I say just borrow your local grocery stores, if you know what I meen.
                why buy the cow when you can milk her for free? lol

Comment

Originally posted by spinitsidewayz!
                  why buy the cow when you can milk her for free? lol
                  have you been watching red vs blue??? that show is really funny. www.redvsblue.com for those who like to laugh

Comment

Any one with buisness savy could make a heap on it. Here is the modle.

You have open treack 6 days a week throw up some lights and let it run till 10 or 11 pm what ever the noise laws will handle. You charge say 60 to 70 bucks for the day and a extra for a nighter or split day and night sceduals. Throw in a fer tire machines and get with a tire dealler and have only the most usfull brands available. Get some insurance for the IDIOTS that will attend and have an IRON CLAD waiver that all participants must sighn.

On sunday you hold an event local or what ever and charge parking and gate fees as well as entrant fees. Dont be a butt and give back to the entrants and put more into the track.

99% of the people here bitcch about not having a place follow these simple rules and yes it will make a mill in a year.

Comment

Its a good idea you should do it because if you don't and when I get some cash I'll do it. I know how to make it work. 16 acres? wouldn't it be more than that to black top it?

I was actually thinking of buying some nice acreage and making a full blown circuit with a twisty section that had some good elevation changes..... Touge bish!!

I was also thinking of just buying 3-5 acres by a highway junction, paving it and putting up an area like Daikoku on it and having a shopping area there with Flood lights and fast food joints, night club, etc... You'd make a killing because the racers everybody would come in at night and flood it.

Comment

Originally posted by nightracer

I was also thinking of just buying 3-5 acres by a highway junction, paving it and putting up an area like Daikoku on it and having a shopping area there with Flood lights and fast food joints, night club, etc... You'd make a killing because the racers everybody would come in at night and flood it.
                        Especially out in Ohio...

Comment

Whatc'hou know about ohio willis?

Comment

Originally posted by driftxtreem
                            Any one with buisness savy could make a heap on it. Here is the modle.

You have open treack 6 days a week throw up some lights and let it run till 10 or 11 pm what ever the noise laws will handle. You charge say 60 to 70 bucks for the day and a extra for a nighter or split day and night sceduals. Throw in a fer tire machines and get with a tire dealler and have only the most usfull brands available. Get some insurance for the IDIOTS that will attend and have an IRON CLAD waiver that all participants must sighn.

On sunday you hold an event local or what ever and charge parking and gate fees as well as entrant fees. Dont be a butt and give back to the entrants and put more into the track.

99% of the people here bitcch about not having a place follow these simple rules and yes it will make a mill in a year.
                            Also you could use the same area for various club racing and autocross. and you might as well throw up a drag strip too. Throw some good bleachers around the setup. With some decent shade. Make money by selling hotdogs and drinks.. Put it like in lets say kern county, at the base of the grape vine.. just a short trip from los angeles. And still with in driving distance for san diego and san fransisco.

Just some ideas..

Comment

One problem,you have to deal with local zoning laws,ordinances,and bylaws.If your interested,seriously look into what needs to be done.If you get everything done right the first time,the city won't be breathing down your neck.Now if you go about it in a lazy fashion,your lot could be in some jeopardy,fines.and a bunch of headaches you don't want.

Also,sell parts!!!! Ever been to a drift event? Then you know almost always one car breaks down sometime during the event.If you happen to carry the most in demand parts,not only will you make money,you'll also establish a good relationship with the customers,making them want to keep coming back,which equals money.Not only that,if you run your place right,and have what the customers need,you'll create a reputation,reaching more people,which again means more money.

Play the game smart and watch your business grow.

Comment

Working...
                              X