• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drift matic
    dx were could i get info on koguchis s-15
    http://world.altavista.com/babelfish/tr

http://www.hpi.co.jp/hpis15profile.html

Comment

When I watched him person I thought he was badass. He was the first person I've ever seen that entered turns on our track at over 100mph. Just goes to show how many good guys there are over there in Japan (considering he didnt place).

Comment

does anybody have any details on his crash and how he is right now?

Comment

I believe grip video has a clip of it..forgot the web site tho. i think hes fine now

Comment

Komatsu was the sh.t and I hope to see him climb back up on top some day soon.

Comment

im sure komatsu will pop upsometime with a new sponsor or something like that

Comment

since Komatsu quit signal then is he still call Drifter X

Comment

hell yeah he's still drifter x!

...he earned that name and he should keep it, no matter WHO he drives for

Comment

that guy its the bomb...he was one of the first drifter i read about...his nickname was awsome and still being it...
                    a thumb up for fumiaki-san aka. the one and only DRiFTER X...

his 180SX with the SR20 was the bomb like half an inch to the ground...

thats called huevos...

Comment

I wonder how many times signal auto has to answer the question of what happened to him. I still think what he did in hawaii was a historical event and he has my respect.

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyHawaiian
                        When I watched him person I thought he was badass. He was the first person I've ever seen that entered turns on our track at over 100mph. Just goes to show how many good guys there are over there in Japan (considering he didnt place).
                        i was there too and he is fast. i think when the pressure is on for the D1 qualifying rounds, he chokes though.

Comment

I've been hearing that Komatsu didn't want to put up with all the D1 BS and has been drifting in the lower leagues by choice.

What ever hapened to Koguchi drifting for Koguchi power?

---------------------

Babel Fish is great, can anyone guess what my origional text was now that it has been translated a few times?:
                          "The large male is the chicken is inhaled"

or in Japanese:
                          "大きい雄ん鶏を吸う"

-MR

Comment

since we're all fan of drifter x, i will share you a story when we had a chance to hang out with him for 3 days.
                            drifter x is awesome, he hanged out with us in san francisco last year. i know he might not be as talented as the top d1 drivers and he knows that. but he has a lot of dignity, respect and pride in himself. very humble and respectful on the other hand very active as well. he LOVES drifting a lot! he said that's why he works, so he can support his drifting. he totaled 9 cars already and had 14 big crashes (this stat was back in 2003).
                            he's the guy i look up to. he said he earned the name "drifter x" when he was hanging out with his friends in japan. then.. the name stuck to him. very down to earth guy... that's why a lot of american people loves him. everytime he does "demo" he gets excited, he's excited to put his tires on and checks his car. it puts a smile in his face. the picture below, is his scariest crash according to him. he doesn't know how he did that... but he said he doesnt want to know what would have happened if the car didn't rest on top of the hill.

justdrift!
                            charlie

Comment

Wasn't that crash back in 2001, right after they kept people from standing on that hill? That's awesome that you got to hang out with him - I've always heard that he's the most down-to-earth guy and just loves the sport for the sport total hardcore grassroots style, which is what it's all about IMO!

Also, I thought that the "Drifter X" name was a modification of Speed Racer's long lost brother "Racer X"...?

-MR

Comment

haha mranlet....i devised a system with babelfish to make my own engrish as well, good job man.

Comment

Working...
                                X