Ride with Funk Master Flex Drifting....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah,

I would agree you do have a lot of people in parking lots doing dounts, and they say I'm drifting. We all know that that is not drifting. When the japanese started drifting they redefined it by getting the car sideways before the corner. That is where they really changed and defined the sport of drifting. I hear a lot of racers say they drift, but when I tell them the car has to be sideways 50ft before turn in thats when their jaw drops. So I totally understand your position. Dounts do not equal drifting.
    Ryan Hampton

Baller Bolts Titanium Hardware

Comment

i thought it was ganna be longer...it was only about a 7 min segment...they should do a whole show about it...but i guess theyre not really into drift cars cuz most of our cars arent stunin with 20s n doin 10s on the track...

Comment

RyanHampton: I tell them the car has to be sideways 50ft before turn in thats when their jaw drops.
        Where did this figure come from, is that competition standard?

Comment

No,

Just a generalization on my part. When you see it done right it literally looks that way.
          Ryan Hampton

Baller Bolts Titanium Hardware

Comment

Well people in America have been sliding cars around for a long time before Drifting became known as a sport, just not regularly done on pavement. It happens in grip situations, but not like the drifting we all know (Like Ryan said, sideways before entering the turn). If you ever go watch any Dirt Track races you'll see a lot of "Drifting" but just on dirt instead. Those guys get way sideways before the turn (depending on style) and its been going on like that for a LONG time. Only recently has the idea of Sliding around on dry pavement been introduced as a sport to the USA, so I guess their statement is correct. People in America have been doing this for a long time, just on different surfaces. They didnt claim they invented drifting or anything (Though I did not watch the show, just commenting on what you guys wrote).

Comment

Working...
            X