ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DRIFTING.com I think its time for you guys to hit the tracks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last i heard lorin said they go for quite abit. You know how hard it is to keep used cars in japan. And these cars are aproching 20 years old. for the older ones. I obviously dont know first hand though.

Comment

Yeah, Japan is so different from us in that aspect. You basically have to be your own professional mechanic or take it to a tuner shop.

Comment

well dont you basically have to be rich to drive over there in the first place? gas prices are tremendous...according to my japanese teacher

Comment

Originally posted by Drifter-ex
          I say the people who want to drive post tapes of them drifting, and the people on drifting.com decide, and we also decide on a car.
          That would be great, i like the idea of a drift car created by the people for the people would also be good for some drifters on here who are good but dont have the funds to support their talnent whomever they might be.
          Last edited by MrFuDang; 05-31-2004, 06:59 PM.

Comment

well as long as the site can get sponsored we could afford a car no matter what...i think the new pontiac GTOs are nice...they have 55/45 weight dist. too, just like the s14

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost
              well as long as the site can get sponsored we could afford a car no matter what...i think the new pontiac GTOs are nice...they have 55/45 weight dist. too, just like the s14
              But unlike the S14 they weigh in near 3900 lbs. Literally more then 1000 pounds heavier then the S14... Driftable yes.. but choice? probably not. There also expensive. If an orginization like this wanted to get behind a drifter car and driver a S13 would probably there best bet. Cheap, lots of aftermarket, lots of cars, most the people here have experience with them ect..

Comment

Originally posted by nissanguy_24
                But unlike the S14 they weigh in near 3900 lbs. Literally more then 1000 pounds heavier then the S14... Driftable yes.. but choice? probably not. There also expensive. If an orginization like this wanted to get behind a drifter car and driver a S13 would probably there best bet. Cheap, lots of aftermarket, lots of cars, most the people here have experience with them ect..
                thats true that its a lot heavier but it also has a lot more power. i agree that it wouldnt be the practical choice as a team car. but im just saying it would be cool. we could also go with an FC. those are good vehicles as well, and easier to find. one could find an FC for about $2500.

Comment

Its an old cliche.. but Power doesnt mater in drifting.

Comment

Yes i agree an s13 would be a better choice or a 240sx or even both.... sil-eighty. or "Sil-forty"(tryn not to get some people angry)

... now i would definetely want to see a sil-80
                    Last edited by MrFuDang; 05-31-2004, 07:23 PM.

Comment

How about a car that is awd, I mean wouldn't it be cool to have a car that is different. I don't know any stats on the Impreza 2.5 RS and I don't know about awd drifting but it is an option.

Comment

That would be awesome to have a drifting.com car. I think it would be easier to get somebody to "donate" there car and have it driven at events. Instead of totally owning a car. Also I think that we should try to get a "pro" driver to drive it.

Comment

or maybe if people wanted, they could compete to make their car the drifting.com car...like we hold a tourniment to see who the best car is...maybe even form a team

Comment

We need input from drifting.com officials. Also, to represent the kinda talent that comes from the drifting.com boards, drifting.com should pick a good driver from the boards in order to attract more attention to the boards (and recieve more website advertisements, generating more cash flow).

Comment

wow this sounds like a good idea .....so who in here considers himself a good driver to compete against the pros??????

ill pass

Comment

The vehicle: Toyota Chaser
                                The driver: Me

Comment

Working...
                                X