ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DRIFTING.com I think its time for you guys to hit the tracks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ghost
    or maybe if people wanted, they could compete to make their car the drifting.com car...like we hold a tourniment to see who the best car is...maybe even form a team
    That's a good idea

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost
      or maybe if people wanted, they could compete to make their car the drifting.com car...like we hold a tourniment to see who the best car is...maybe even form a team
      Coming from a guy who has yet to get a 240,and plans on in the future, I think this would be a great idea.

You have 2 options really,

1.)Get the car donated,pick a driver,and have everyone donate money to the car

2.)Form a team. I belong to another forum, caraudio.com, and until the leader of the team went to college, they had a caraudio.com team that would actually compete in competitions and rep caraudio.com. Think about that...sending in your tapes to the site, having the people choose who will rep, and then repping the site you love? Being chosen FROM the people BY the people the REPRESENT the people... that would be a great feeling for anyone noteworthy of that.

Personally my friends and I had thoughts of a drift team, but then the 240 I was getting couldnt pass smog (I live in CA) and we were gonna change my car audio team to a drifting team.

I mean Im new to these boards but dont think I'm some ricer kid. I was drifting before I new what it was. I would go in my 87 Jeep cherokee that my family has had since I was born(they bought it because my mom's 280z couldnt fit me) and go to my school when it would rain and spin around the corners trying to slide the furthest w/out spinning out. I even managed a 270 once. I didnt even know drifting was growing in the US or there were boards for it, until about a month or two ago and then I realized what was going on. So yea,theres my drifitng life story hahah.

P.S. -I'd put in money of my own for the drift car. How cool would it be being able to say "HEY LOOK!!! I paid for some of that car!!!" and seeing YOUR drift car win a comp?? I mean "comeeeon"(said in jimmy voice) that HAS to appeal to some of you guys.

Comment

Let me do the driving....and ill show you how REAL drifters slide it like its HOT!

Comment

how many people are part of this website? first off...sponsorship doesnt seem to be that much of a problem if we could find someone considered pro, plus if there are a lot members....then contributions would seem feasable enough...probably not for the car but for upkeep and such til more sponsors are found. maybe there should polls for whos backing the idea in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Spy001
            how many people are part of this website? first off...sponsorship doesnt seem to be that much of a problem if we could find someone considered pro, plus if there are a lot members....then contributions would seem feasable enough...probably not for the car but for upkeep and such til more sponsors are found. maybe there should polls for whos backing the idea in the first place.
            yeah, we should move this and someone start a poll ont he car...i think thats first and formost...also we need a petition to see how many member would actually participate in this project...and itll show drifting.com that we are serious about this...and we need a home base...a lot of us are in the u.s. but where?

Comment

youll find a lot of us in SOCAL

Comment

im with ghost, how does that stuff happen?

Comment

Yeah, basically the car is going to compete in more California based comps anyway. If it would ever go down. Which I really don't think it will. Why don't you guys get jobs and build your own drift cars?

Comment

i think the team should be original and use a 240sx, i mean man who would have thought to use one of those things?

Nah, find a car that no body else would think of and drift it. I think it would be pimp to drift an infinity G35, or an SC430 but those are expensive and barely any parts for them, oh well the car needs to be original, any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by Drifting_turtle
                      oh well the car needs to be original, any suggestions?
                      Why?

This isnt a car show where everyone and there mom buys a honda to "be original" this is drifitng.

Comment

drift vip style.... gs300 lol... this wont happen, if not for a long time, there are more chances of a bunch of guys in one area gettting together and doing there own thing.

Comment

VIP would be great but most likely too expensive for any money we could come up with even though the 240 is common thats the same reason its good itll be easier and cheaper and you could always switch it up make it a sil-80 of some sort the only other car that would be as easy and cheap i think would be a Trueno and even though i respect them because ppl like ueo show u what they could do i would rather it be a 68 nissan bluebird http://www.alljapanesecars.com/nissa...8/68p510_1.jpg .......now thats Pimp. but yea thats just my opinion and if this thing was to really happen it would take much more than just one opinion it would be a sum of the whole board or whoever participates

Mabuchi VIP

Comment

we should set up a poll...how do you do that...im ganna try...yeah...we need to poll this

Comment

yeah thats what i was talkin about....how is it done?

Comment

yeah, im trying but i dont know how to make a poll...

Comment

Working...
                                X