Evo Fq330

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evo Fq330

i was just reading about a quick article about this new EVO FQ330(literally stands for F**king Quick 330hp) it is only coming out in Europe. it has full warrenty support with a retuned ECU, a revised wastegate actuator raising the boost to 21psi. The suspension is unchanged. It also has new Alcaantara seats, badging, slightly better interior materials. The price is at 57,300 US. The numbers from mitsu are a 0-62 of 4.7, but a british magazine has already shaveed off a 1/2 second to 4.2 seconds. There are already plans to come out with an EVO FQ340 soon...

Re: Evo Fq330

Originally posted by 98BlueStang'
    i was just reading about a quick article about this new EVO FQ330(literally stands for F**king Quick 330hp) it is only coming out in Europe. it has full warrenty support with a retuned ECU, a revised wastegate actuator raising the boost to 21psi. The suspension is unchanged. It also has new Alcaantara seats, badging, slightly better interior materials. The price is at 57,300 US. The numbers from mitsu are a 0-62 of 4.7, but a british magazine has already shaveed off a 1/2 second to 4.2 seconds. There are already plans to come out with an EVO FQ340 soon...
    Mitsubishi is keeping its mouth shut.. but we will be getting the new MR version, i dont think there planning to raise HP, but it will have alarger turbo and more torque.

Watch subaru's response.. if they upgrade the STi, except mitsubishi to bring one of these babys over.

Comment

there already is a special impreza in Japan. It is called the WRX STI Spec C. I am not certain on the specs/perfomance, but i know it is mada more for raod courses as opposed to the STI's rallyeing target.

The Evo MR has more power because of the new turbo. The turbo change was just made to increase mid-range pwoer and it just "happened" to raise the HP.

The EVOs' and the SUBIs' are like the crwon jewels over there. I think they are moer popular there in England/Europe than in Japan itself. If any special vearients come out, i think they will be there. besides, 99.999...% of america has never heard of the WRX, STI, EVO, or even lancer itslef. i only know about it from watching some WRC vids and GRAN TURISMO (Best game(s) ever!) Mitsu took a gamble on bringinng the Evo over here. NOt many people know about it or it's heritage, so it just won't sell as fast as the Subies'.

Comment

The MR will have more horsepower. New turbo, more boost, better suspension, wheels and tires, and lighter.

Comment

Originally posted by 98BlueStang'
          there already is a special impreza in Japan. It is called the WRX STI Spec C. I am not certain on the specs/perfomance, but i know it is mada more for raod courses as opposed to the STI's rallyeing target.

The Evo MR has more power because of the new turbo. The turbo change was just made to increase mid-range pwoer and it just "happened" to raise the HP.

The EVOs' and the SUBIs' are like the crwon jewels over there. I think they are moer popular there in England/Europe than in Japan itself. If any special vearients come out, i think they will be there. besides, 99.999...% of america has never heard of the WRX, STI, EVO, or even lancer itslef. i only know about it from watching some WRC vids and GRAN TURISMO (Best game(s) ever!) Mitsu took a gamble on bringinng the Evo over here. NOt many people know about it or it's heritage, so it just won't sell as fast as the Subies'.
          yeah someone in mitusubishi's market/ PR department needs to let the public know, kinda how subaru did w/ their commercials on the history of the car and the accomplishments it has done...

Comment

Originally posted by GoukiS14
            yeah someone in mitusubishi's market/ PR department needs to let the public know, kinda how subaru did w/ their commercials on the history of the car and the accomplishments it has done...
            This is what nissan will have to do for the Skyline when its introduced. Show skylines winning races, being banned from the austrilian series for being to fast ect...

Comment

TOKYO — Scandal-tainted Mitsubishi Motors Corp saw its new vehicle sales in Japan plunge 56.3% in May from a year earlier, the biggest fall in a decade, to 4,213 units, according to data released Tuesday by the Japan Automobile Dealers Association.

Reeling from a series of defect cover-up scandals, Mitsubishi Motors ranked ninth among 12 major Japanese automakers in terms of domestic sales in the reporting month. In May last year, the automaker ranked fifth in the industry. (Kyodo News)

For those who aren't up to speed with Mitsubishi's situation in Japan and the world market,here's some previous news.

YOKOHAMA — Mitsubishi Fuso Truck & Bus Corp Chairman Michio Hori has been questioned by investigators on a voluntary basis over a 2002 fatal truck accident that has led to the arrest of seven former Mitsubishi Motors Corp executives, investigative sources said Saturday.

Hori was head of the planning and control office of Mitsubishi Motors' large-vehicle department at the time of the accident in Yokohama which a wheel came off a Mitsubishi trailer truck, hitting and killing a 29-year-old woman and injuring her two young children. (Kyodo News)

YOKOHAMA — Prosecutors indicted Mitsubishi Motors Corp, its former vice president and four other former executives on Thursday in connection with a fatal truck accident in Yokohama in 2002 and subsequent vehicle defect cover-up.

Among the three indicted for providing false reports on defects to authorities was Takashi Usami, 63, former chairman of Mitsubishi Fuso Truck & Bus Corp who was vice president of Mitsubishi Motors at the time of the accident. Usami stepped down as Mitsubishi Fuso chairman on April 16. (Kyodo News)

TOKYO — Struggling automaker Mitsubishi Motors Corp is considering a bolder restructuring plan including a 10% workforce cut and closure of a domestic plant, informed sources said Friday.

MMC, with a workforce of 13,727 on an unconsolidated basis at the end of March, is working out a new restructuring plan as slower sales in the domestic market have lowered its capacity utilization rate, the sources said. (Kyodo News)

TOKYO — Cabinet ministers blasted Mitsubishi Motors Corp on Friday for covering up more auto parts defects and failing to recall vehicles with those parts. The incident is "so disgusting that I am speechless," said Land, Infrastructure and Transport Minister Nobuteru Ishihara.

Shoichi Nakagawa, minister of economy, trade and Industry, also criticized the company. He said a letter Mitsubishi sent to him to notify him of personnel changes was "perfunctory and business-like, not including any apologies to the victims of accidents or a rehabilitation program. (Kyodo News)

Honestly,the company will probably fall apart even before the MR comes out.

Comment

Hmmm. That sucks. The Lancer Evolution was always my favorite car.

Comment

60 grand for a Lancer? Wow, Mitsubishi done messed that one up. Who is going to buy that when they could have an M3 at an equal or lesser price?

Edit: I just went and built an M3 and it came out to be $52,294.
                  Last edited by Ex-Cat; 06-02-2004, 03:08 PM.

Comment

you have to keep in mind that EVOs and STIs are like ENglands favorite cars. Why buy an $80K vier when you can buy a $50k vette, put on some slicks and blow the viper away?

Comment

whats the size of the engine? i know in japan there a 2.5 sti...

im not sure if u can get them impoted here to Aus to street drive

Comment

In more Mitsubishi news

TOKYO — Scandal-ridden Mitsubishi Motors Corp said it had covered up 92 types of vehicle defects during the past decade, President Yoichiro Okazaki told a news conference Wednesday.

He said the automaker should have filed recall reports with transport authorities for the 26 more serious defects out of the 92 types. The 26 concerned passenger cars and sport-utility vehicles such as the Lancer, Mirage, the Gallant and the Pajero. (Kyodo News)

These guys are seriously going under.

Comment

if they can get 2000 units of the MR into the US before Mitsubishi goes under, I think the retail price might just drop drastically into the used car market.

Comment

http://www.superstreetonline.com/fea...evo/index.html 6spd i think?

Comment

Hey feint, where do you get all of these Japanease news?

All of Mitsu's cars are not competative with other cars in it's class (ralliart vs. SER Spec V etc.) Most other automakers can give more for less. that is why mitsu is going under. also, no one knows about their cars' history, makinjg the lancer seem new and unreliable, even though their rallying experience is very extensive.

Comment

Working...
                              X