No announcement yet.

new Drifting style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes.. if you can drift a gas engine you gas drift a gas engine with electrial assistance.. assuming it uses the kind of hybrid technology i described, the other type involves driving the rear rears with electric motors, and having only those come on when nessisary, but honda and toyota's system is like i described

Comment

wouldn't you want to listen to the roar of the motor instead of that weird buzzing whistleing sound?

but that rx8 was badass at the detroit auto show

Comment

The future is here people.
        Introducing the new style of tuning.

Check out this link

http://www.tomsracing.co.jp/comp/prius/index.html

aftermarket parts for your Hybrid.

This is NUTS. we'll be tuning with more voltage and longer lasting battery (duracell anyone?).

Comment

i really loved Mazda's idea for their electric-gas hybrid, that thing is awesome. I mean free power from a supercharger (that sounds so wierd) and then the added low RPM torque boost of an electric motor plus the already powerful rotary engine, i'm thinking thats gonna be a bad *Censored**Censored**Censored* car!

Also,
          wouldn't you want to listen to the roar of the motor instead of that weird buzzing whistleing sound?
          electric cars make no sound at all, which is kinda scary if you are a pedestrian(sp?) and a car goes by without making a sound...

Comment

Hydrogen Bomb?

Don't they make bombs out of Hydrogen?
            Hope they make the Hydrogen car a lot more tuffer then just the normal fiberglass bodies.

What if one of those get in accident?
            KABOOM...!!!!

Comment

have any of you seen or heard about (i forgot the company name) the hydrogen hybrid car that has like 700hp? you guys are trippin if you think they dont make power. seriously.

Comment

Re: Hydrogen Bomb?

Originally posted by DoriFuta-
                Don't they make bombs out of Hydrogen?
                Hope they make the Hydrogen car a lot more tuffer then just the normal fiberglass bodies.

What if one of those get in accident?
                KABOOM...!!!!

Hydrogen bombs or 'h' bombs use a nuclear fission bomb, using plutonium or uranium to eploid around the hydrogen. The extreme force pushes te hydrogen atoms together into new atoms, but there is energy left over from this process. The sun works the same way. That is called Nuclear Fusion. It is more powerful then the original Nuclear Fission device that is used to trigger it.

So there is no fear of a nuclear accident from a hydrogen powered anything.. Also it takes an incredable amount of force, usuing coming from conventional explosives shaped in a specific way to cause nuclear fission in an unstable substance. Thats why dropping uranium wont set it off. Its the radiation from handling it that will kill you.

Nuclear devices are difficult to set off. and the exact right materials have to be used. Remember the cassini was launched, the saturn probe? (its getting close now) there where protesters because it carried uranium on board in order to power its systems in space. They feared if the rocket exploided or something then a nuclear explosion would go off. However they were uneducated, the type of uranium used about was not weapons grade.. so it was no that unstable. Further more, a random explosion would not set off nuclear fission, it would have to be very very well controled.

Anyways that is my understanding.

Comment

Originally posted by OH240SE

but that rx8 was badass at the detroit auto show
                  Once again the point has been missed. The Hybrid technology mazda is planning would not be for fuel efficientcy. It would be a power adder like a supercharger or turbo, or nitrous.

It would probably run just like a supercharger under WOT. And be off at other conditions because the batteries do need to be charged. I can envision you running out of it if your on the throttle too long wiht out giving it a chance to recharge. Same as a current electric car that runs the electric motor, but if you run it too long the gas engine has to come on.

In other words the gas engine would run at all times. Not the other way around. I can also envision a fuel saving mode where it goes back to the traditional hybrid setup for running around town or something. It gives you alot of flexibility.

Comment

Re: Re: Hydrogen Bomb?

Originally posted by nissanguy_24
                    Hydrogen bombs or 'h' bombs use a nuclear fission bomb, using plutonium or uranium to eploid around the hydrogen...
                    LoL, i wasn't actualy serious about the whole bomb car... lol

Comment

Re: Re: Hydrogen Bomb?

Originally posted by nissanguy_24
                      Hydrogen bombs or 'h' bombs use a nuclear fission bomb, using plutonium or uranium to eploid around the hydrogen. The extreme force pushes te hydrogen atoms together into new atoms, but there is energy left over from this process. The sun works the same way. That is called Nuclear Fusion. It is more powerful then the original Nuclear Fission device that is used to trigger it.

So there is no fear of a nuclear accident from a hydrogen powered anything.. Also it takes an incredable amount of force, usuing coming from conventional explosives shaped in a specific way to cause nuclear fission in an unstable substance. Thats why dropping uranium wont set it off. Its the radiation from handling it that will kill you.

Nuclear devices are difficult to set off. and the exact right materials have to be used. Remember the cassini was launched, the saturn probe? (its getting close now) there where protesters because it carried uranium on board in order to power its systems in space. They feared if the rocket exploided or something then a nuclear explosion would go off. However they were uneducated, the type of uranium used about was not weapons grade.. so it was no that unstable. Further more, a random explosion would not set off nuclear fission, it would have to be very very well controled.

Anyways that is my understanding.
                      i agree that it wouldnt be a haulocaust but if there has to be a tank for the helium in the car and i have seen 1st hand the kind of explosion lighting just a helium-filled baloon can do. remember it is a gas, not liquid. i wouldnt want that kind of risk in my car

Comment

ever taken a lighter to a tank of gas? so we already sit on stuff like that how is..

Comment

this is true but im under the impression that the gases of the fuel are the only real flammable thing and will only explode under pressure. but i could be way off, i dont remember must from chemistry

Comment

Originally posted by URMachines
                            this is true but im under the impression that the gases of the fuel are the only real flammable thing and will only explode under pressure. but i could be way off, i dont remember must from chemistry
                            Desiel fuel is hard to ignite however gasoline is alot easier. I havent tried it though.

Comment

Hydrogen isn't really any more dangerous than gasoline. Furthermore, it's actually safer in an accident, as it will almost instantly dissipate in the case of a tank breach, unlike gasoline which will pool around the car.

The Prius, when using both the electric and gas motors at the same time, makes about 145 HP at the wheels. (A stated 152 HP at the flywheel, and remember that the HP loss is less than we're used to due to the fact that it's FF,)

Comment

The whole thing sounds crazy to me. I'll be sure to install an EMP in my next wave of mods. No seriously though ... Imagine crashing and then getting out as fast as you can before battery acid burns you alive (hahaha). Sounds crazy. I wonder though, how heavy are these things?

Comment

Working...
                                X