ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CAR and DRIVER Magazine (Drifting Article)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hah kindly...maybe not even that. how about we help them with a little foot action and shove it farther til it pops out the top again. and yeah, Xantos, try to check spell check a little more, and yeah add what the other guys said, the number one thing a magazine will do is correct your spelling and try to make fun of you with that because they cant get an actual argument against your case, but good luck and good job

Comment

I think what we are seeing here is the older hotrod/car guys losing their grip on the current automotive reality. All of these guys in the magazines (this means you RADO!!) are trying to look at drifting through their own perspectives. Which involves alot of big money sponsers, or rich people in general, and really cocky drivers, who only pretend to respect each other. The whole "import drag" scene they could understand, because they could relate it to their own youth. And they could makes lots of money off of it. They just can't figure out drifting yet. So they are gonna bad mouth it until it fits into their narrow guidlines of what a motorsport is, by that time drifting itself will be so perverted it will make the rest of us vomit. as for myself i dont want drifting to go where it already has, so whatever, keep hating these dorks and keep respecting eachother. Its the only thing that will keep the sport semi-pure as long as possible.

as far as the GTO, drift it, but its rhys thats good, not the car. :P

as far as the 50K civic, put a 50K motor in a stock civic and you wont make it out of the driveway. you might as well get "3 honda civics with spoon engines, t/66 turbos, with NOS, and a motec system exaust." but count me out of the vette vs. civic debate, thats so pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by zdss14
        yeah the artical kinda pisses me off too, but still most people here are obbssed with drifting, so were looking at them under the microscope

dame i havent posted in a long time

DRIFT LIFE!!!

haha, but really, drifting is definately a refined form of motorsports "art", such as the way of the samurai/sword or other stuff like that. People on this board live by that art. Some are still studying this tecnique .

DRIFT LIFE!!!

Comment

As the monaro did to the GTO name it has also put a dampen on the monaro name here in Aus... tho i have seen it in action and i gotta say does put a lil pride i this young aussie that the monaro (gto) is mixing it up at drift events... tho even here i prefer jap cars then Aussie cars, certain bogan/redneck element to a lot of them

ohhh btw, dont judge aussie cars by the gto, we got MUCH better (xr6turbo ect)

Comment

Originally posted by nissanguy_24
            Only if you consider a Rx-7 America because ford owns a controlling interest in it. GM owns many cars and brands we dont consider americans, Because a traditional American company didnt build it. Or because Americans didnt design it, or because it wasnt sold in america. ect..

Dodge is owned by daimler chrystler but we still consider the viper american for example.
            sorry this was really late but wasnt the viper designed and produced before the daimler-chrystler merge?

edit: now that i finished reading i feel like writting them a huge letter. well yeah w/e.
            Last edited by ; 06-07-2004, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Yea I see that article as some what stupid...though the section about a V8 being better is in a way true. I would consider it better to have a motor that has power from idle up to 6k-6.5k then to have a motor that has power from 4k-7k. I believe that N/A is better in a lot of ways then turbo/super when it comes to a smoother power band and what not....well except when you tune a little motor n/a...then that thing has to rev super high to get into the power. Okay I'm getting off track...oh crap...this thread is kinda turning into a love/hate thread again for the GTO O_o

Oh and did anyone email Christian Rado yet? Here's his email...try to keep the emails mature if your gonna send something.

JCRado@world-electronics.com

Comment

Originally posted by Spy001
                hah kindly...maybe not even that. how about we help them with a little foot action and shove it farther til it pops out the top again. and yeah, Xantos, try to check spell check a little more, and yeah add what the other guys said, the number one thing a magazine will do is correct your spelling and try to make fun of you with that because they cant get an actual argument against your case, but good luck and good job
                yea i did plan on running a spell check, like i said its a rough draft. Thanks for your input guys, i'll send the e-mail later today, prolly with a link to this thread...

Comment

Originally posted by REVLIMIT
                  Yea I see that article as some what stupid...though the section about a V8 being better is in a way true. I would consider it better to have a motor that has power from idle up to 6k-6.5k then to have a motor that has power from 4k-7k. I believe that N/A is better in a lot of ways then turbo/super when it comes to a smoother power band and what not....well except when you tune a little motor n/a...then that thing has to rev super high to get into the power. Okay I'm getting off track...oh crap...this thread is kinda turning into a love/hate thread again for the GTO O_o

Oh and did anyone email Christian Rado yet? Here's his email...try to keep the emails mature if your gonna send something.

JCRado@world-electronics.com
                  Im with you on the v8 thing. Ultimately we should all want large displacement NA engines. Not always possible with the cars most of us use however.

the GTO is cool enough. However it is far from the ultimate drit platform.. i doubt any car can be considered that because we all have a different idea of what the ultimate drift platform would be.

Any one who has seen the Viper drift and change his line midcorner with the throttle will understand the advantage of large and NA. hes very smooth with it.

EDIT:

PS: i exchanged a series of PMs with Rado about everything, he does seem like he honestly wants to be accepted and make a good impression. So lets all give him another chance shall we? besides we all make errors
                  Last edited by nissanguy_24; 06-08-2004, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X