No announcement yet.

First Things First

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah my school is like that too. except all the kids waste like 18,000 on some stupid gigantic SUV. there is one kid with a brand new M3 though. i do see the need for traction but if a person is just learning do you think they will actually need preformance tires because playing with the e-brake in a parking lot is the same to a begginer with either.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickdmarz
      I really would just say drift on what you got and then..as you break things up grade lol. My poor person upgrade tatics...

Lots of people say the first thing you should get is an LSD, but I think better suspension is a must.

You can drift without an LSD, drifting is mostly about throwing you momentum and catching it correctly. With open diff you can learn the most about that...I've seen people just only "drift" with an LSD and didn't try with an open, and then they can only "drift" an LSD moded car...::cough cough powerslide cough cough::

I cant tell you how much i agree. A open diff makes the car harder to control.. but thats good when your learning i think. It teaches you as a driver to be on top of your car. It teaches you very important things about countersteering and off throttle control.

People like to complain about cars or mods or lack there of that "snaps back" but if your good and quick you can stay on top of any snapback. Im not going to say a Open diff is easy to carry long drifts and connect half a dozen turns. However With a open differential you can deffenately drift a single corner, or two corners, or perhaps 3 (my best) Simply by staying on top of and even harnessing the snapback effect to carry into the next corner.

I used to use a braking drift into the first corner at highspeed then let it snap back on me abit to enter the next corner.

The point is i learned to drift smoothly with an open differential and i think it trained me in countersteering very well. I do want to get an LSD now though to take it to the next level so to speak.

anyways please ignore my rambling.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickdmarz

Except for my old highschool...had everything but auto shop. Richest school in the discrit...all the spoiled rich kids when there with their bmws, mercedes and outrageously raised trucks...but no shop
        oh exact same situation with me right now, i'm driving to school in a bone stock 240 when people who just got their license are been given brand new STi's and audis by their parents, they've never worked a day in their life you know? pisses me off.

Anyway i figure ill save my money a little longer, get better by learning the hard way...

Comment

im glad some other people have to suffer with me with no money. i actually got a simple idea of going to an auto auction. owning a car someone could not even pay for sounds great. especially if it was a rich kids. haaha actually how hard is it to make a all wheel drive car rear wheel drive?

Comment

Actually its real simple, from what I've read, haven't done it myself. I was going to take an old school subi, but I couldn't stand the looks of it. Just disable the front controls, and make a few adjustments...I'm not to keen on the technical stuff, but I don't think its too difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by nissanguy_24
              I cant tell you how much i agree. A open diff makes the car harder to control.. but thats good when your learning i think. It teaches you as a driver to be on top of your car. It teaches you very important things about countersteering and off throttle control.

People like to complain about cars or mods or lack there of that "snaps back" but if your good and quick you can stay on top of any snapback. Im not going to say a Open diff is easy to carry long drifts and connect half a dozen turns. However With a open differential you can deffenately drift a single corner, or two corners, or perhaps 3 (my best) Simply by staying on top of and even harnessing the snapback effect to carry into the next corner.

I used to use a braking drift into the first corner at highspeed then let it snap back on me abit to enter the next corner.

The point is i learned to drift smoothly with an open differential and i think it trained me in countersteering very well. I do want to get an LSD now though to take it to the next level so to speak.

anyways please ignore my rambling.
              Well with my personal experience as well as my boyfriends...we find it actually quite easy to connect turns..its all about setting up for the next turn, thats the hardest to learn. Alot of people don't look ahead far enough.

Long drifts do take a lot of momentum, and it would be a little difficult with a small techi track, but nothing a good driver can't overcome.

We're at an event with all these "advanced" drivers, who couldn't keep a tight dounut with a LSD. I mean I wished I had video cuz it was awesome how long my bf (s13 with VLSD) would hold without making the donut bigger. And you know he did the same thing with my open diff...its all driver baby! I've done dounuts myself with my open like tight dounuts, where girls who had LSDs and more track time couldn't do.

Hey Nissan-guy, pm or email if you're available this weekend.

Comment

Working...
              X