Drift without bumpers on...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shin_Kudou
    I think he's saying "ahh, nice, V-mount", in reference to the V-mount idea.
    what v mount idea? i dont see it posted. he posted right after the intercooler was show. and he said "nice vmount". sounds like he was talkin about the intercooler to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Shin_Kudou
      I think he's saying "ahh, nice, V-mount", in reference to the V-mount idea.
      hope so or else he's one of the many "posers" on this messageboard

Comment

That's not a v-mount. Im sure if you don't screw up too much a front/rear bumper wont be needed.

Comment

consitering my bumpers are already falling off, If i were to hit something and they would come off i think that would be more of a favor then an actual accedent

Comment

But i do want to go Vmount later on. Its just to expensive right now.
            that v-mount idea maybe?

Comment

err sorry guys, posted this in the wrong thread sorry about all the confusion ahah

edit-damn ahah you guys sure go otu of your way to try and make someone feel like a dumbas$ instead of worrying about the actual thread your replying on think thats kinda wack but whatever

Comment

i think some poeple remove it for more airflow to the radiator.

that would be the only reason i se for doing it.

Comment

I like not having to worry about losing my bumpers.

Behold! The decorative chrome of a 1970 MGB!

Comment

Only pansies remove their bumpers... Only excuse for removing it is if your car gets wicked hot and starts overheating or if you hit something and the bumper comes off on its own.

Of course... keeping the bumper on makes it look like a real drift car. Observe:

^^^Daily driven plus drifted on track and street... yeah it gets thrashed, blow me. Origin aero coming this week.

And to save your intercooler... get creative. Check it.

^^ No more headlight motors or vertical hood latch support. Welded all those brackets solid-mount to the bumper support beam, since that's not coming off (saves my radiator and IC).

Comment

Love your car PG, do u daily drive it? so what lsd u use?? I'm curious 'cause I need one in a daily driver +drift..

Comment

Maybe an Ask PG Something thread should be started cause I think he is prob. the most hardcore on this site; street drift, true Japan style, balls for the mountain pass.

My question: Since I'm poor I'd like to know, what do you do for a living PG? And/Or how do you fund your project?

A) I'm in so much debt that I must change my name and get a new SS#
                        B) I'm rich bi@tch!
                        C) I'm a Nuclear Physicist

Comment

Hey PG, can u post a full specs sheet on your car? Im really wondering whats goin on with your awesome car!

EDIT: Oh and can someone please tell me what EXACTLY is going on with the bumper over there? Since im a noob I cant tell what exactly PG did to protect his intercooler. Maybe someone can draw some arrows explaining?
                          Last edited by driftersil80; 05-31-2005, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Greatest Drifter Ever
                            only pansies remove their bumpers... Only excuse for removing it is if your car gets wicked hot and starts overheating or if you hit something and the bumper comes off on its own.

Of course... keeping the bumper on makes it look like a real drift car. Observe:
                            Alot of people in this thread are confusing the differene between the front bumper cover (aero, body kit, etc.) and the metal front bumper (bumper support, bumper reinforcement).

Taking off the metal reinforcements is not too good of an idea, cuz if you hit anything the car will crumble. Its not too heavy either so most people deal with it. Alot of cars have aluminum or fiberglass ones anyway.

Taking off the front bumper cover of your aero kit at events is usually only to save it from getting smashed or cracked up. Sometimes we run practice without them on a harsh course so we dont damage them. Others will take them off to get more air to the intercooler/radiator.

But _PG_ is the coolest street style drift wizard on this side of the planet. Ask him and he will tell. He knows all, and hates the noobs. And yeah, what do you do for a living? Do you expose yourself for others enjoyment and money? Or do you just rent out your garage to lowly drifters with nowhere to go.
                            Last edited by Topics II; 05-31-2005, 08:38 AM.
                            www.chrisforsberg.com
                            www.driftalliance.com
                            www.nosdrift.com
                            www.hankooktireusa.com

Comment

Damn PG, that's some sick *Censored**Censored**Censored* duct tape bumper!!!! Is that some BETA Blitz model!!! J/K, what these guys say you being hardcore, you straight up pimpin G, YOU KNOW! I just have one question, what size rims you have and who makes em!?

Comment

Agreed that it should only be off when heated or you busted it.

It does look pretty G though with no bumper
                                Heres me driving Paikmans S14

Heat was over 100.

There was a pinkcamo FC that was running without his hood because he kept overheating that day and alot of bumpers sitting in the grass because of the heat.

Comment

Working...
                                X