El Camino > all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• El Camino > all

I don't give a crap about anyone says. I do think the El Camino deserved more props... I really didn't want to see that El Camino tandem against Chris in the 350Z. I actually got to give Andy a thumbs up while he was going up for the top 8.

Anyways, the El Camino was definitely not stock though. That was professional driving of a piece of crap car. I don't know how he was driving that rear leaf suspension without wagging too hard...

My Point in all this pointless garbling. El Camino should have won...

Matt.

EDIT : Correction for me thinking that it was Andy Yen when it was indeed Chris.
    Last edited by Craftsman; 06-15-2004, 12:31 AM.

how did the El Camino do anyway??

Comment

It hit top eight I believe. He had to compete against Andy Yen... I believe...

He did make Top 16 though...

Matt.

Comment

0hhh
        good stuff..

Comment

Congrats

Comment

The ElCo placed 8th in qualifying and tandemed against Chris Forsburg in the MotoRex 350z. The judges couldnt make a descision from the first 2 runs (eventhough the ElCo spun) so they had them run again. Props to all the College Station crew for doing soooooo well.

Too bad I embarased our state with my craptastic driving but maybe next time.

Comment

Thanks for the props yall! We really had a total blast at the Houston Formula Drift event, and I was exceedingly happy with how I stacked up with the pros. My only goal at this competition was to qualify in the top 16, so imagine my surprise when they announced I qualified 7th overall! Even then I didn't think I had even a slight chance at advancing to the top 8, especially when I learned I was to line up with Atlanta 2nd place winner Chris Forsburg in the 350Z, who qualified 10th. But then I really surprised myself and others with the closeness of the battle - after the first round, the judges deliberated for a few minutes before having us line up again for another round! I couldn't believe how close it was, especially since I have zero experience in tandem competition (never had done it before). But Forsburg definitely deserved the win since he was clearly more consistent than I through the rounds. I'm totally hyped that I met my goal of making the top 16, and barely losing in the first round to the competitor who ended up taking 3rd place aint half bad either for my first pro drifting competition

The owner of the El Camino, James Evans, has a website detailing our drifting effort. You may visit it at http://www.z28evans.com/el_camino.htm

Comment

domestics are stinking up drifting, aint it great?

Comment

Great driving.. we could all learn from you experience. Hopefully i'll talk to you at a grind event. Good luck in your future drifting endeavors.

Comment

Dude, you wouldn't be saying that the El Camino was stinking anything... That thing was a champ. I was quite shocked to see such a car and driver dare a feat against cars that had modifications more than double to even 10 times as much as the El Camino did.

I give no props to the Viper... Sorry Samuel, you might be a great driver, but get the hell out of the tube frame car and I'll give you props...

Matt.

Comment

GO ANDY

Good job on the placing in the el camino.

Comment

Originally posted by soultron
                        domestics are stinking up drifting, aint it great?
                        blah blah blah.

thats coo to know an elcamino was in there. hehe. vid's anyone?

Comment

Howdy,
                          We are very happy with how things went this weekend - had a lot of fun and we qualified We will update the website with vids real soon - when we do i will post info on the forum.

I replaced the air shocks with some bilsteins, it has coils springs in the rear, and poly bushings thoughout. Low-budget and all work done at home

james

Comment

Dude... Your car rocks... Do you guys goto that Dailydrifter.com event every month? Cause I think I'm going to start going as soon as I buy a S13...

Matt.

Comment

Good job James, that's crazy how good you performed, I remeber when I went to the Drift Showoff in LaMarque , you were rollin hard in the Elcamino , can't wait to see your progress for the rest of the year, are you planning on making a California event , like the finale at Irwindale, It would be crazy seeing a Elcamino hit the oval !!!! Congrats to everyone

Comment

Working...
                              X