Few things to say

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few things to say

i have a few things to say. First, is it possible to drift a crx? I know that the car is light but I haven't seen anyone drift in one. Second, I recently saw fast and the furious and i think it is complete bull. The using nos left and right going 100+ miles an hour. Who would do that?!? I have a friend who is now into import just because of fast and the furious. He doesn't know anything about cars. Well thanks for reading my message

You really need to have alittle more humility when referring to your friend... Honestly i dont see whats wrong or bull about Nitrous Oxide many pro japanese drifters use it, left and right as you say.

Please read this http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...0&pagenumber=1

And as for your question please check out the link in my signiture and do alittle more research, the search feature of this site is very helpful. You will find the CRX is a front wheel drive car and are not favored by drifters who prefer rear wheel drive cars. Further more the CRX has a short wheel base, like the miata. This makes it more tempermental in a spin, not only that but it makes the drifts seem less showy.

CRX is a great car, but if you want to buy a drift car look for a rear wheel drive car. If you just want a fun car or a Touge runner then pick up a CRX.

Comment

hey thanx a bunch i learned something
      and is it possible to convert a crx to a rwd?

Comment

Originally posted by chuaboi36
        I think some crazy guy is on here is trying it. But understand the difficulty involved in a drivetrain conversion, not to mention the fact that there are few RWD hondas to take parts from. Not exactly something for your first drift car project .

Comment

There's a helpful beginners guide made. Read through it first.

http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...&threadid=4238

Second, this forum isn't too kind on posting before a thorough search. Use the Search button first. Look through the forum first before posting.

Now onto your question. Yes, a CRX can be drifting. Anything can be drifted really. There's even a neat little vid of a guy drifting a semi, pretty cool.

Back to the CRX question...yes a CRX can be drifted. Would you want to drift it? Eh, maybe not. It's front wheel drive. Most, nearly every drift car is rwd. For the techniques used, a rwd is almost required. Awd is suitable too, but rwd is the prefered platform.

Many people here will shun you for bring up such a question. "Fwd? Are you crazy? Do you even know what drifting is you noob?" Blah, blah, blah. Prepare to get flamed, lol. Anyways, because of the physics behind drifting, rwd is the car of choice. Plain and simple. I learned on fwd, and I see it as a starting point. You can get into some parts of drifting techniques and learn some basic principles. However, you will be missing some aspects that only a rwd can provide.

Read the beginner guide. Use the search button and look for keywords like fwd or ff.

Comment

I write too much, lol, nissanguy jumped in before I finished Even chuaboi36 replied and nissanguy jumped in again before I finish! lol

Comment

in my grip volume 5 there is a guy that drifts a 89 civic hatch at the drift event. he doesnt make the cut to drift with the signal twins, but he looked pretty good. i wouldnt recomend it, when all you have to do is get a rwd car and save all the hastle. i think i heard of a rwd top fuel del sol with a mid mounted h22. would that car be very hard to drift cause of its short wheel base and mid engine layout?

Comment

haha its okay Drift 4 food, your input is always apreciated.

If you have a CRX feel free to slide it, but dont buy one JUST to drift.

Comment

k thanx everyone, i learned something today. i planned on drifting a crx for starting to change. the reason why i brought up the conversion is because in a recent sport compact car, i read about a subaru wrx that was converted to rwd. i was just wondering if it could be done to a crx. One more thing, what car would be a good starter for drifting? I'm thinking SX or AE86.

Comment

k thanx everyone, i learned something today. i planned on drifting a crx for starting to change. the reason why i brought up the conversion is because in a recent sport compact car, i read about a subaru wrx that was converted to rwd. i was just wondering if it could be done to a crx. One more thing, what car would be a good starter for drifting? I'm thinking SX or AE86.

And dont get me wrong the CRX is an excellent car, but not a great drifter. Yes the WRX was converted to rear wheel drive, but thats a all wheel drive car so it has a differential and axel back there and already sends power to the rear. they removed the parts that send power to the front.

Always easier to remove or disable then install.

SX and 86s are good cars, but ill say the 240sx, its cheaper, especialy the hatchback and newer so theres less matenience. Unless you just have your heart set on the 86 i'd sugest that.

Comment

Rear-wheel-drive Hondas are cool, but I have one question--unless you got an S2000, why would want to drift it? I mean, that RWD Integra in Florida (I think) is pretty cool. Supposedly, the guy(s) used CR-V drivetrain parts to convert it to to RWD. He probably even used the B20B out of a CR-V (Obviously, I don't know squat about that particular car.). I'm sure you could do the same to a CRX with parts from those old Civic Wagovans. They use the same Realtime AWD so naturally they should have similar parts. The only problem is the engine is transversely mounted. Well, I guess it's not exactly a problem. The thing is transverse front engines don't transmit torque to the rear wheels as well as a longitudinally mounted engine. And Hondas aren't exactly known to have torquey engines. So unless you just want to be different, why would you want to drift a CRX?

Comment

thanks. agreed crx is a nice car. it's still my favorite car. i was wondering which companies are prefered for springs, coilovers, etc. I realli don't want to body roll off the side of a cliff. not a nice way to die.

Comment

You can do it, but you use rwd parts like of a 240 and it would mostly be a CRX shell...I was going to do that, but I have a lot of projects I want to do hehe...no time really. But the problem is that need to use a different engine, the honda engine rotates the opposite direction for fwd. So you can use a ka24, but it really just be a shell.

But converting a rwd to a rwd, is all about disabling the front wheel controls, and I'm sure other adjustments not exactly a great feat of engineering.

Comment

thanks. agreed crx is a nice car. it's still my favorite car. i was wondering which companies are prefered for springs, coilovers, etc. I realli don't want to body roll off the side of a cliff. not a nice way to die.
                            take the suspension of an SI CRX, I think thats what we have on ours...really good suspension, not bad for tougeing, not much body roll. But its only adjustable for rebound.

Comment

haha well still, it'd be pretty cool to see a drifting crx. everyone be like, wut the hell? is that a drifting crx i see?

Comment

Working...
                              X