No announcement yet.

body kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drifters have the most riced out cars...

Why? I don't know but I like it

Matt.

Comment

wings on FWD cars cause u to lose traction faster

Comment

Originally posted by SR_240

-MR

Comment

yeah, what do you mean?

Comment

this is what i heard is that when you have a wing it puts more weight in the back when the wind hits it and that cause less weight in the front for less traction

Comment

it really wouldn't make that much of a difference on the front end, when you push down on the trunk of a car does the front rise up?

Comment

Other than the weight of the wing you're only adding load, not weight.

The vertical downforce from the wing helps plant the rear tires better and increases grip. Unless you are making as much downforce as the car weighs and have the wing mounted excessively rearward of the rear tires so that they would act as a povit, you're not going to lift the front.

Saying that is like saying that an F1 car will lose grip in the rear if its rear wing breaks off, or that it will lose grip in the front if the canards break off...

I think it's just one of those things that rice-a-phobes made up to make fun of FWD cars with wings.

-MR

Comment

ok thnx for the input and good to know

Comment

Originally posted by Craftsman
                    Drifters have the most riced out cars...

Why? I don't know but I like it

Matt.
                    I think it's because drifters are so hard on their cars. They inevitably end up smashing bumpers, etc, and once you need a new bumper, might as well get a body kit one, rather than an OEM one. (Especially because the OEM ones often are more expensive.) Also, drifting is a sport that involves a lot of style, and that style often spreads to the cars themselves.

Comment

mranlet- to your post before i like the wide body but with the clean look

Comment

lol you know wings are made for the rear wheel drive car right... but id still have to agree with you i hate wings
                        actually fwd track cars have a high spring rate in the rear to help the car rotate quicker. so they have a wing for straights and moderate straights to keep the car stable.

not being a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* about it, im just trying to shed some light.

Comment

Working...
                        X