No announcement yet.

DRIFT Cars (COST)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kelly Blue book is pretty worthless when it comes to drift cars.. Its either too high or too low for most cars. And really doesnt reflect the market.

Comment

look at it this way. whining about the prices will do nothing. people are buying these cars for that much so people will continue to sell them for these prices. if you really want to drift the price of the car is just the tip of the iceburg, your going to be shelling out mad cash just to keep your car running. if you want something to drift that is cheap and parts are plentiful, get a 5.0 mustang.

Comment

Originally posted by dae
        if you want something to drift that is cheap and parts are plentiful, get a 5.0 mustang.
        Werd I picked mine up for 1500, with some suspension work done to it a couple of motor/exhaust goodies and a load of extra stuff, including a new set of firestone firehawk tires and extra rims. Quite a bit of mileage on the clock tho. (146k... ) But I can pick up a low mileage engine for $400 if I look. (Or if I want a bit more power, there the gt-40 crate motor for 2500. 340hp : $2300)
        It's a shame I picked this one up though, I found an SVO turbo, the rarest of the fox mustangs, it's a turbod 2.3 liter 4-cyl, that the guy would have let go for... 1500 it was mint. Could've gotten waaaay more than that.

I'm going to go change my signature...

Comment

Before I was serious about buying a 240SX, before the fad began, that is, one could pick a nice one up for no more than $2500
          why didn't you buy one then "before the fad" began? Anyone can say "I was into drifting waaay before it got big". what did you buy instead?

Comment

Because I was sixteen and didn't have a job.

Because I had wrecked my 325i and had to drive it instead.
            Last edited by GRiDRaceTech; 06-23-2004, 10:36 AM.

Comment

It all depends on where you look for your cars. If your looking on ebay, autotrader and forums, of course it's gonna be expensive. Those people know what they have and what people will pay for it. My friend bought his 91 240sx coupe from a dealership for $1500, a little high milage(180,000) but NO rust. Now that he's currently putting in his SR20, nothing wrong with the car.

I got my 86' Corolla SR5 for $500 in good condition. Underbody rusty and small other stuff, but not bad, just needs a new radiator. I get to pick it up this weekend...YAY!

Comment

Originally posted by AE86_drift
                It all depends on where you look for your cars. If your looking on ebay, autotrader and forums, of course it's gonna be expensive. Those people know what they have and what people will pay for it. My friend bought his 91 240sx coupe from a dealership for $1500, a little high milage(180,000) but NO rust. Now that he's currently putting in his SR20, nothing wrong with the car.

I got my 86' Corolla SR5 for $500 in good condition. Underbody rusty and small other stuff, but not bad, just needs a new radiator. I get to pick it up this weekend...YAY!
                you can get sr5 for cheap, are you going to do gts converion?

Comment

Originally posted by Brothaman240
                  you can get sr5 for cheap, are you going to do gts converion?
                  Somewhat...I'm getting the GTS rear end with LSD. As for motor, I'm pretty set on the 4agze. I've got a ton of hookups. Motor installation will be handled by my friend that did a RB26DETT into his 240 and my other bud just opened a shop(RevTek) and he's giving me the hookup on things like the HKS 10psi pulley, SAFC, and other stuff.

SR5's are even expensive. I was talking about mine a few weeks ago and someone offered me their SR5 with a junk motor for $1000. Sorry, but mine only has 75,000 miles, the lowest milage AE I have seen to date. I'll be selling my motor, if anyone is interested.

Comment

Working...
                  X