No announcement yet.

Americanized Initial D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manga Number 12 just came out, which puts it about at the last episode or two of "Initial D Second Stage" anime... i really sugest the Manga, aside form being longer.. Manga 12 isnt the last issue by far, Theres alot more character developement especialy with the minor characters. Besides its portable. And at 10 bucks a book its not a bad buy. The early issues are plauged with typos and mistakes, At one point they refer to Iketani's Silvia as a S14, which it most deffinately is not, but i believe this to be a typo not a technical error.

A few books in and it seems to clear up though. They switched the cast to American names.. giving them an americanized nick name, but still referring to there original japanese name from time to time. Its annoying but does help you memeber all the character names... and theres alot. Though with the last issue they seemed to of stopped that, the new antagonist and his sister still have there full japanese names. Hopefully they are phasing that out.

Overall its a good book though deffenately a good read for any car enthusiest, drifter or manga fan.

I think this site sells a number of them. Furthermore any big book store will either carry them or can order them in for you. Borders and Barns and Nobles in most towns tends to have a big Manga section, Borders tends to be better at it.

Comment

Working...
    X