The ever-increasing costs of "famous" drift cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ever-increasing costs of "famous" drift cars

Ever seen an 86 go for 8,000 stock with 160,000 miles and several dents and a bad paint job? This sort of relates to my other thread "Initial D Epidemic", as you have noticed, the Kelley Blue Book probably sets the 86' as a 800 dollar car, now, 8,000. Amazing how one movie can influence a driving technique into a sport, as well as influence the car market. I know there are many other influences such as the japanese who actually came from japan came to live here, and starting to practice it, but it all began with that damn hachi-roku. By now, i'd buy an 86 if it was less than 800 wouldnt anyone else?

It's been like this for about a year. It's horrible, 3 years ago you'd be able to pick them up mint for $1000. Stop searching for AE86, and look for GT-S. Also there's fools out there selling SR5's as GT-S, so watch out. It may take some time but I bet you'd find some grandma that has one since 86 and would let it go cheap. I'm in Dallas, and see a few daily driven by people that have no idea what they could get for it. There's one down the street from my work, BEAUTIFUL two tone Silver/Grey BONE Stock, driven by a late 40's woman. Just keep your eye out.

Comment

If you're in CA you can go to the hood and trade some old Mexican guy for one.

Comment

Im sorry but 8000 dollars for a GT-S is not due to initial D, its do to someone being completely stupid and getting ripped off. It should be illegal to have that much money and be that dumb.

Comment

This was covered in my thread entitled "DRIFT Cars COST" or something since it was renamed.

Comment

Re: The ever-increasing costs of "famous" drift cars

Originally posted by DriftinCressida
            Ever seen an 86 go for 8,000 stock with 160,000 miles and several dents and a bad paint job? This sort of relates to my other thread "Initial D Epidemic", as you have noticed, the Kelley Blue Book probably sets the 86' as a 800 dollar car, now, 8,000. Amazing how one movie can influence a driving technique into a sport, as well as influence the car market. I know there are many other influences such as the japanese who actually came from japan came to live here, and starting to practice it, but it all began with that damn hachi-roku. By now, i'd buy an 86 if it was less than 800 wouldnt anyone else?
            yea drifting is famous all because of Initial D right??? lmao shut up.
            its catching on so fast because obviously its a sight to see. The coolest new thing to hit these shores

Comment

Re: Re: The ever-increasing costs of "famous" drift cars

Originally posted by MrodDrft
              yea drifting is famous all because of Initial D right??? lmao shut up.
              its catching on so fast because obviously its a sight to see. The coolest new thing to hit these shores
              Sentra SeRs go for quite abit too, and they are never in initial D,or used for drifting, they are just popular and scarce.

But yes lets stop complaining about how initial D made 86s expensive. Drifting would of caught on with out initial D and 86s would of been just as popular.

Comment

Initial D rules and you all just wish you could drive like a cartoon.

Comment

i can drive liek that in battle gear 3 and gran turismo 3

and yes, Initial D rules

Comment

Originally posted by nissanguy_24
                    Im sorry but 8000 dollars for a GT-S is not due to initial D, its do to someone being completely stupid and getting ripped off. It should be illegal to have that much money and be that dumb.
                    Drifting would of caught on with out initial D and 86s would of been just as popular.
                    amen. i think it also depends onthe rarity of the vehicle. like the mid 90 trueno's in japan. we don't have that in america anymore (as in chasis code). just my 2 cents

on a lighter note

i can kick all your arses in initial D ver. 2 that machine

Comment

Battle Gear 3 owns Initial D arcade.. but on note of this thread... ppl sell cars like 86's for 8000 because there are dumbasses willing to pay that much to look cool or fit in.. or merely they dont even know the Corolla is liek one of the slowest cars ever made.. lol

Comment

It should be illegal to have that much money and be that dumb.
                        Ladies (if there are any) and gentle men... that could not have been said any better.

Comment

Working...
                        X