ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

im might be gettin a 240sx what should i do to it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oops im on my brothers name! just pretend those posts are from me

Comment

Originally posted by drojit_1
      oops im on my brothers name! just pretend those posts are from me
      Who are you???

Comment

ok 1st and foremost before you go crazy on suspension, id highly recomend an LSD, if you dont have one, before any major suspension work.
        in the end youll have spent thousands on coilovers/bars/braces/arms/etc and ask yourself "why cant i execute a smooth drift?"
        LSD will improve your car farmore then the other stuff.
        oh yea, 1 more thing, learn how to drive

Comment

Don't put any mods on it. Try sliding first. What if you don't like sliding? Cause everyone slides before they Drift. Cause believe it or not the first time you get the rear end out, you aren't Drifting. There is a big difference between Drifting and Sliding. Sliding is pell mell, non-controlled, herky herky mayhem. Drifting is art, poetry in motion, controlled and fluid. You and a couple buddies doing donuts in a parking lot is not Drifting.

So try driving the car and getting the rear end out, who knows, you may not even like it. Or you may lose the bug after you wreck. Car damage and fear of the rear will keep the ranks of Drifting thin. Not everyone can handle that rear end coming out. It's an aquired taste, much like Pimento Cheese and Olives.

Comment

Wisdom from GoD. (Ghost of Duluth... get it?)

I don't like Pimento cheese and olives, but I like getting the rear out.

Comment

oh yea, 1 more thing, learn how to drive
              No offense URMachines but I know how to drive, I do it all the time, friend lets me drive 96 supra, drive moms car, drive friends altima, I have also attemted to do drifts before, not that I was succesful, but don't say I dont know how to drive believe me I do! But anyway thanks for your suggestions and everyone elses to, I am going to go get a 1993 240sx this week from some people my mom know, so if you got anymore suggestions please give and thanks!

Comment

Re: im might be gettin a 240sx what should i do to it?

Originally posted by DRIFTER-M
                What up all? tonight went to the local nissan dealership like normal and was looking round and a beautiful black 240sx caught my eyes!anyway after some talking to the family i came up with a maybe so if i decide to purchase that hot car what do you guys(or girls) think i should do to it to modify it? Thanks.
                get the car, then ask.

Question: How old are you?

Advice: Dont put an SR /CA or RB. It's just a waste of $$.

Comment

maintenance and then get some coilovers.

Comment

damn i forgot 240sdont come with lsds damn im stuck on 3rd gen rx7s and *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* sorry guys....

Comment

As soon as you get it, buy the Energy Suspension master kit and install all the bushings. It'll tighten up the suspension.
                      Next, replace the tie rods with TEIN or Moog versions. Get a full tune up and run some injector cleaner through. (Or some Seafoam if you really like clean engines) Then just drive. Drive as much as possible. You want to log as much time as is possible so that you get a feel for the car. You don't even need to drive fast or drift every corner. Just try to get a feeling for what the car can do.

Comment

Working...
                      X