This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 Things I never want to see in drifting

I went to a local nascar race last night. I had a good time, but i deffenately saw things i never want to see in drifting.

1. Famous Drivers limoed up to the cars that were parked by someone else on the race track waiting for them.

2. Painted on or decaled headlights.

3. Crowds cheering more for the horrible accident (it was bad, a car stopped then hit by another at about 90 miles an hour, i thought the guy was hurt bad) then the last second final corner pass that changed the race leader.

4.Tube Frame OHV Carberated RWD plexiglass cars referred to as a "2003 ford taurus"

5. Praying before a race over the loud speaker... I dont know why this bothers me so much, probably do to my religious beliefs (or there for lack of) if you want to pray thats fine.. but leading the whole audience in one. i dont know bugs me.

6. Drivers and Pits kept away from the fans. Driver contact permitted only by a long line wait where the famous guys are sitting in an airconditioned tent to sign autographs.

7. this is a big one..... Beer and Alchahol sponsors! This is my personal opinion but Alchahol has no business with automobiles LET alone auto racing. And deffenately has no business in drifting. To me drifters strive for complete control over a car.. anything that will hurt your control of the car has no business in the car or painted on the car.

8. Audience using the race as an escuse to drink and smoke, then climb back into the cars later to 'drive home'.

Yeah those things bug me, i dont want drifting to adopt them. Lets learn from other motorsports and adopt only the best attitudes. I mean besides those things the rest was cool, the audience deffenately were enthusiastic and the local guys and the more grassroots stuff was alot of fun.

Speaking of 'stock car' racing. They are racing Infenion right now. They will be drifting there in 2 weeks. Should be interesting. They dont tackle many road races so this should be a good change. The race is right now on fox if anyone is interested.

I agree with you
    Last edited by jaydm180sx; 08-21-2004, 07:41 AM.

Comment

If any one of those examples show up at all in any drifting event it will be the demise of drifting entirely as we know it.

Comment

^ you must really care what other people think about you and "Your" sport...

if you really loved what you do, none of all he listed would matter, SMC is just looking out for all of us...but if all of that happened ill tell you this much..it wouldnt effect him and his car and the way he drives/drifts it at all, he'd be the same SMC just hating everything public about drifting 1 million times more then right now

Comment

ah....pretty bad stuff there haha.....
          but yah i agree with you guys

Comment

Yeah that would suck if that happened........

Comment

8 things I want to see in Drifting.

1. Cars sliding.

2. Girls looking oh so sweet

3. Vendors with Turkey legs like at the Renessiance festival.

4. Women wiht Bikinis that are 2 tires. One around the hambys and one around the temple.

5. Cars that are not completely stickered up like a Van Goh panting.

6. Girls lounging on my car. Like REALLY lounging, all amongst the hood and the rear deck and laying on the roof. If I don't have a dent in the shape of a womans buttocks on my roof, there wasn't enough loungin.

7. A guy with Bagpipes who wil play my theme music while I slide.

8. Girl Drifters. I want to see some hotties get their slide on like nobodies business. I want a slider girlfriend and I want her to be able to outdrive me. Then I want her to lounge on my car with nothing but some jeans and a black bra making all the guys jealous of me.

Yeap, thats what I want in Drifting.

Comment

Re: 8 Things I never want to see in drifting

Originally posted by nissanguy_24

5. Praying before a race over the loud speaker... I dont know why this bothers me so much, probably do to my religious beliefs (or there for lack of) if you want to pray thats fine.. but leading the whole audience in one. i dont know bugs me.
                This would seriously piss me off...

Comment

Re: 8 things I want to see in Drifting.

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth
                  If I don't have a dent in the shape of a womans buttocks on my roof, there wasn't enough loungin.

HAHAHA awesome quote ghost that would be a great addon to the fd

Comment

1. Cars sliding.

4. Women wiht Bikinis that are 2 tires. One around the hambys and one around the temple.

6. Girls lounging on my car. Like REALLY lounging, all amongst the hood and the rear deck and laying on the roof. If I don't have a dent in the shape of a womans buttocks on my roof, there wasn't enough loungin.

8. Girl Drifters. I want to see some hotties get their slide on like nobodies business. I want a slider girlfriend and I want her to be able to outdrive me. Then I want her to lounge on my car with nothing but some jeans and a black bra making all the guys jealous of me.

haha i wouldn't mind letting these happen haha
                    but substitute jeans for boy shorts or really extremely short shorts hahaha

Comment

first off, thanks for cheering me up Ghost, second Nissanguy, youre damn right...i always enjoyed the irony in seeing a budweiser car hit a wall (no i dont like seeing nasty crashes) but its funny "i wonder how he lost control" hmmmm

Comment

Yup I totally agree with the drinking thing. I hate it when theres drunks at the tracks. They get all rowdy and stupid and it just pisses me off. As for hte decal headlights...I was going to do that O_o haha...just kinda like signal did with their cars and took out the headlights and put fake oens in their place.

Comment

1. Cars sliding.

3. Vendors with Turkey legs like at the Renessiance festival.

5. Cars that are not completely stickered up like a Van Goh panting.

7. A guy with Bagpipes who wil play my theme music while I slide.

LOL i have to totally agree with you. but maybe not on the bagpipes, i don't need that kind of music(no offence) when i'm tryin 2 drift.

Comment

SMC- Right on, brother. I agree with every one.

GoD- Right on, other brother. I agree with every one.

Comment

I got nothing against religion at racing events. It's cultural. You might not be religious, but generally the crowd who enjoys NASCAR is religious.

Anyways, I'm all for the stuff in NASCAR. I think it's pretty cool for professionally sanctioned racing.

But then again, this is all my opinion.

I would not like to see this in drifting though. I concur.

But beer sponsers are cool. I'd like to see some major sponsers that aren't related to cars join.

Matt.

Comment

Working...
                              X