No announcement yet.

2nd gen celica coupe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AA63 huh? that has to be slow, those cars are lite compared to a AE86 which isn't that fast stock.

Comment

it weighs about 300 more pounds than a corolla gt-s. at least my buddies fully stripped celica does compared to my fully stripped gt-s. thats like a corolla with 2 people in it. add a little HP and i think youd have a fun car.

Comment

woah, crazy paint scheme. looks like a good project car.

Comment

Nice!

I'm looking at getting a Mk II Celica Supra - it's good to see the old celicas finding appropiate owners.

The rollcage is a good start, but any idea as to how hard a 7M-GTE swap would be?

-MR

Comment

i have no clue about that swap. i dont really no anything about the old celicas. i was and might still be getting a 240 fastback (the car i originally wanted). but i got such a good deal on this that i couldnt pass it up. so im currently researching myself. i dont think im going to get a 240 anytime soon so i think i am going to try to street legal the celica so i can get some seat time in on the street.

Comment

If it was a race car previously and done with any care (which the paint job would suggest) then I'm sure that it would be a really good drift platform.

I'd say go for it - the chicks will dig it and you'll have an awesome retro ride at the same time!

-MR

Comment

thanks alot man. I just need some guidance from some one that knows about setting up the car for drifting. For now though im just going to just get out there and practice.

Comment

Do u know where those rims are from from?

and if so how much were they?

Comment

i did not even know there was ever a rwd celica. i thought the supra was the rwd sports car for toyota. but what is with the celica supra thing? i check on ebay every once in awhile and people list their cars with the name celica supra and stuff.

Comment

damn, you didnt know there was ever a RWD celica? dude, the celica used to be toyota RWD sports car flagship in the US! all the way through the 3rd gen they were RWD and they all have major parts support. peep this fatty 1st gen

Comment

i have no clue about the rims but that is one clean first gen......is it yours?

Comment

hey guys, when you reply to a thread, theres an option down at the bottom to add attachments. just click on it and find your photo and it'll show up in the thread

Comment

<:+) that is great that there is another rwd car that i can look for! i am glad i read this. that first gen actually looks kind of cool. i would not mind having one.

Comment

yah, i did that and for some reason it wouldnt work

Comment

im glad there are a few FR celica owners out here. Yea, 1st gens are crazy, especially the lift backs. Does anyone know of rear disc brake conversions for a 3rd gen GT? I know you can do it with the GT-S model, but that's only cuz they have an IRS and the celica supra rear end will bolt up to it. But it's a different story for the GTs.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X