No announcement yet.

Favorite Car Magazine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MAX Power sucks. I have never seen a good-looking car in that magazine EVER.

Comment

It's got it's target audiance. I like Max power because sometimes they have crazy high-power Skylines and RX7's and such. They also cover cruise nights and have a multi-page section that follows people's projects and keeps track of how much they've spent and such. I do agree with you that the body styling tastes on that side of the ocean are a bit... ...different, and the paint jobs are downright scarry.

The issue that is on shelves at Borders features a very nicely done Bulsar GTi-R and a lot of funny writing about an enormous fat guy driving a micra or something with less than 100 horsepower.

-MR

Comment

I like Car-Boy magazine. They have tons of tech articles.

Comment

Originally posted by WildSe7en
          Super Street because I can't read Japanese.
          Even if u cant read Japanese (such as myself) The pix are amazing and u can still decifer alot through the pix and some small things that are in english.. Also the paper quality is like 100x better and the magazines are like a few inches bigger in each direction.

Comment

Drift Tengoku is the best along with Option 2 as for the american mags it will prob have to be modified mag and superstreet. Modified mag delivers more technical articles while superstreet goofs around too much. Both mags are really good though.

Comment

wow, I am really suprised no one has voted for scene, someone should vote for it just to be nice. just messin around vote whatever.

Comment

My favorite overall is Grassroots Motorsports. It has all the technical and modification information, without one single shred of rice. And they also are becoming active in Drifting, as evidenced by a drifting column every month, and their sponsorship of Drift Day Competition last weekend.

A close second, though, is Option 2. Similar to Grassroots, they have informative articles about cars and tuning, and very useful reviews and information about parts and installs. They even have a series of articles about useful modifications that can be done with a minimum of time and money. Despite the fact that my ability to read Japanese is very limited, I can still make out the important words and names, and a large portion of the content is composed of english words and numerical data. And, even without all of that, the pictures speak more than words could need to.

Comment

i know this is a stupid question but what is grassroots? never seen it at any local shops.Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by GRiDRaceTech
                    MAX Power sucks. I have never seen a good-looking car in that magazine EVER.
                    There've been a few nice VW's and Peugeots in that mag. Plus, you can't deny the topless women.
                    Last edited by WildSe7en; 07-02-2004, 05:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DRIFTER-M
                      i know this is a stupid question but what is grassroots? never seen it at any local shops.Thanks.
                      It's in Borders and Barnes & Noble, usually more towards the domestic tuning stuff. GrassRootsMotorsports, or GRM, is a publication about DIY performance on a limited budget. They do articles like "junkyard performance" where they tell which parts from what cars will fit on to other cars and increase performance (like Z32 brake swap on S13's) and every year they hold the $200X challenge ($2002 in 2002, 2003 in 2003, etc...) where cars must be purchased and build for under $2000 and compete in a number of forms of racing.

-MR

Comment

i read super street because i can not read any other language. and i feel your pain when you say "Super Street because I can't read Japanese." i will have to take a look at grassroots.

"lso the paper quality is like 100x better"
                        is the paper really that great? because if it is i will get ahold of one and marvel at its great paper beauty.

Comment

I saw grassroots motorsports today sick magazine ima buy it tommorow! Get it if your wise! Cool drifting this month!

Comment

Any news on the american drifting mag yet?

Comment

Where's my HYPER REV!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

what and where to get car-boy?

Comment

Working...
                                X