No announcement yet.

Drifting is going public!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think of it as a good thing. It will be easier to get parts for my corolla from japan. I can get all I need now... but for a price. I hope more aftermarket companies make more products to support my car. There are so many good ideas that enthusiasts bring up but rarely do they come to fruition. The big companies have the ability to take mare risks. And if the risk goes down by drifting becoming more popular than I am all for it.

Comment

I dont think it is good to go big. There are a very limited number of 240s and spots. Once everybody gets into it (which has already started) then both of those are going to go on the rapid downcline. It all started over a year ago but im glad the magazines are starting to tune it out. There must have been 20 kids at my school that were "all about drifting" already saving for the one thing every drifter needs a SR20DET. "If you dont have a 500hp SR20 how are you supposed to drift. When I mentioned T/C rods or coilovers they laughed at me. That is how most people are and they mess up spots for us. If I get pulled over at a good spot and the cop is hella pissed and was waiting for me, it was most likey because a bunch of people have been going there.

The only good thing is it will get us more track time. Cheaper parts is BS. APC might sell cheaper but even parts in Japan are about the same. Shipping is what is expensive.

I just thought of a good reason for drifting to stay (already has) mainstream. Local junkyards are going to become full of drift cars. Hopefully with aftermarket parts.

Comment

ahh this is great that its going main streem cus now if you got your 240, corrola, rx-7, before it went really big you got it for pretty cheap just wait a year and then you can sell it for like 5k more well if its in good condition

Comment

i don't think that we have anything to worry about. maybe their wil be a few new posers but recently i went into a hobby and chatroom and asked if anyone liked drifting. Everyone lyk, " duh, duh, wuts drifting?

Comment

if drifting gets big in the US more auto makers will produce more cars that cater to the sport and culture. Just look at the cars that came out following the F&theF "ricer" thing.

Comment

more track time. Cheaper parts is BS. APC might sell cheaper but even parts in Japan are about the same. Shipping is what is expensive.
              Oh yeah? what about companys coming to the states that didnt have offices in the states b4? Is that BS? What about local companies that are starting to come up making good parts such as SPL parts and Battle Version? The more people they get the more money they get and the more good parts they get to make

Comment

I hate all the stupid little poser kids who walk up to my friend's 240 and ask him if he drifts. I hate all the initial d fanboys, too. Why do you think you have to pay $1500 to buy a beat up corolla older than most of these fanboys?

Comment

there going to be drifting fast and furious.

Comment

Originally posted by AREITU
                    I hate all the stupid little poser kids who walk up to my friend's 240 and ask him if he drifts. I hate all the initial d fanboys, too. Why do you think you have to pay $1500 to buy a beat up corolla older than most of these fanboys?
                    more like 2500+

Comment

Working...
                    X