This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I shall...

You said abunch of your friends watched it because of the model, thus WE need sex appeal in it.... Why? so your friends who dont like drifitng will watch a show based on it? then what? rush out and buy drift spec suspension components for there SUVs and pickups or something?

A show about drifting needs to market to drifters or else it has no audience.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weapon X
      I second that, no one delete this post.
      is there a third? well if there is i third it

Comment

• wow this is so contraversial i like it haha

Comment

• OK OK lets make a list on how redline can improve its appeal:
          1.) get rid of the host and get someone who knows what they are talking about
          2.) if redline is going to go to these import events like ias i want to see some of the new performance parts that will becoming out on the market...not some neon glow, chromed out thing
          3.) tuner battles like in BM etc... started out on the right track w/ that lan evo thing but i want to see some stats (skid pad, road course times etc)
          4.) if you are going to cover jgtc then i want so REAL coverage, granted its a half hour show so i'd like to see atleast a 7-10 summary of each race maybe?

Comment

• OK OK lets make a list on how redline can improve its appeal:
            1.) get rid of the host and get someone who knows what they are talking about
            2.) if redline is going to go to these import events like ias i want to see some of the new performance parts that will becoming out on the market...not some neon glow, chromed out thing
            3.) tuner battles like in BM etc... started out on the right track w/ that lan evo thing but i want to see some stats (skid pad, road course times etc)
            4.) if you are going to cover jgtc then i want so REAL coverage, granted its a half hour show so i'd like to see atleast a 7-10 summary of each race maybe?

feel free to start adding..lets

Comment

• Originally posted by P1STON2ROTARY
              Man your not a drifter, your the sheep thats getting owned by tv. Your the one that argues about its appeal, your the kind of person these guys make there riches off of. You dont care about information? Would u rather see a toothless japansese drifter, that has useful information, or here some broad try to wing it the whole time? Shouldn't people know what there talking about? No, people would rather see some broad wingit. You represent the clueless america.
              PLEASE GO BACK AND RE-READ MY POST SLOWLY AND CLEARLY.

What part didn't you guys understand where I stated your knowledgeable drifter would be reading the EXACT same crap as any pretty hostess would. That has nothing to do with someone "winging" it. If it's the content you don't like hearing, than maybe you should suggest the writers of the script be drifters, but wasn't your boy Alex the drifter on the show?

Comment

• Hey now, dont turn this into some argument between you and others when you jumped into this thread (and this forum) trying to instigate. Resign yourself back to you euro trash forums and let this thread takes its course without you deviating the attention to yourself. I'm not going to watch this thread get locked when so many people have made valid points.

Comment

• Originally posted by 96AudiBoi
                  PLEASE GO BACK AND RE-READ MY POST SLOWLY AND CLEARLY.

What part didn't you guys understand where I stated your knowledgeable drifter would be reading the EXACT same crap as any pretty hostess would. That has nothing to do with someone "winging" it. If it's the content you don't like hearing, than maybe you should suggest the writers of the script be drifters, but wasn't your boy Alex the drifter on the show?
                  The drifter, comprehends the subject, the chick apparantly is clueless judging on what was viewed in the tv show. Now go back and re think, what i just wrote. Comprehension with cue cards, vs clueless with cue cards. If their going to discuss any technical or any informative subject, they should understand what they are saying off of the cue cards sweet heart. The difference is apparent..naratively speaking, the show would flow together smoother.
                  Last edited by P1STON2ROTARY; 07-07-2004, 10:15 PM.

Comment

• Yes. Please don't let this thread be locked. If someone posts something that's really gonna screw everything up just delete it. I would really like to see where this will go and maybe come to some sort of resolve.

Comment

• Redline TV is mostly clips of footage from every where that we have seen before one time or another only part that seemed that they did them selves was the track event they held with the EVO and the WRX. You guys should try and do more of your own footage, and have your own drift competitions.

Comment

Are you guys forgetting she's probably reading off a script? The same thing as your boy Alex or any other "knowledgeable" drifter would be doing? Newsflash, it's the SAME content.
                        So your saying the guys from Popular Hot Rodding, Horsepower TV, TOP DEAD center, TWO GUYS garage or that guy from TRUCKS are some posers? They dont know what they are talking about? Im pretty sure they read off a script. but dont you think they put their 2cents into that script? and they're actually applying REAL knowledge to their show? or VS. a model that's agreeing to the producers on what to say and do?

Comment

• Yes, I want to see how this thread goes too. By the way, if every show needed sex appeal, wonder why Speed Channel's shows rarely ever need it? Why?? Because they know if we want to watch girls, theres always the playboy channel or every other show on tv these days (which is not a bad thing). But, when I want to watch a show about cars, I want to see a show with some substance. I don't need the Street Fury Chrome type S*it on every show relating to imports or drifting. Sports Car Revolution and Dream Car garage are two great examples of how to do a show. Put guys in there that know and love cars. Even some cheesy comedy like they do would help.

Comment

• Also Trucks is very very well done.. That guy is very friendly seems to know his stuff and comes off very naturally. Im not even a truck fan but they present stuff so well and for what it is that i enjoy it alot.

Comment

• This thread should be used to submit feedback and discuss improvements for the show.

Start a new thread if you stray from this topic.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrodDrft
                                If redline got a better host
                                Why do they always pick some chick/model that has to read cue cards to host all the tuner shows?..it's stupid. My girlfriend even makes fun of them. I rather see some ungly girl or a guy that knows what they are talking about, then some chick who probably thinks a SR20det is something you file on your taxs. I probably am really behind on this post or pissing someone off so i'll shut up now.

Comment

Working...
                                X