No announcement yet.

is drifting get out of hand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why would you pay attention to someones car. drifting is something that seems like it is more of a single person deal. there is no one to beat because style can not be judged acurately (spelling). i prefer being alone anyways. <8-)

Comment

Re: is drifting get out of hand

Originally posted by sykoracer02
      i think that drifting is get out of hand it all over the place now some dumb guy going to try it and die y cuz he was trying to drift i'm not saying that it bad i'm just saying it sould b a undergound thing sorry to say guy
      Wow, your grammer is horrible. Why do you care? Do you do it because others do it or do you do it for yourself? If someone hits and kills someone, than it wasn't a drift it was a powerslide because it wasn't controlled. You are also probably the millionth kid that has said this. You just wasted bandwith good job kid. It also seems to be you are just another fan/wanna be and not a real drifter.

Comment

Well, here's the way I see it. The problem is the people getting into drifting for the wrong reasons. They aren't drifting because they want to learn or practice technique, they are doing it to impress people. So they dont view the sport from the perspective of learning curve or knowing your limits. IMO these are the majority of the guys you might see acting retarded and dangereous while drifting on the street. They will eventually crash (as everyone does), but since they are not hardcore into the sport yet, there is a good chance they will quit and never try again. Thats the good part. Other guys that are more into the sport itself and drift because its fun and they love it (not to impress people) will probably not give up after their first crash. They weren't doing it "because it was cool" instead they were trying to learn their limits so they consider it a learning process. These are the guys that probably have more common sense about the issue because they are not doing it to impress anyone, so they make better decesions as far as when its OK to drift and when its not. And since this means they practice more, they get better and learn their limits on the street, thus they are not as dangereous. Still dangereous (hey this sport is dangereous) but not dangereous in a retarded way, you know like endangering the general public. So yeah, you might see some stupid dangereous stuff every once in a while when some new guy does not know his limits, but these events are what weed out the guys drifting for the wrong reasons. Its unfortunate, but there it is. I'm not saying this is an excuse for street drifting, and I'm not saying street drifting is good for the sport, but from what I've seen on the street, thats how it goes. I know its hard to defend this position, but I know people that practice on the street all the time and they are not dangereous about it, very safe and considerate of the general public, etc. People just need the experience and common sense to know when its the right time and place to drift, and when its the wrong time and place.

Comment

i completely agree with crazyhawiian. most people r into drifting for the wrong reasons. drifting is a lifestyle and not just a sport. now i wont lie to yall, i am a noob but i dont go around thinking im a badass and that i know more than yall real drifters. so i wont try tellnig yall nething cause i know damn well yall know much more than me. im just sayn ive noticed that a lot of people r gettn into drifting and most of them r not really drifters , they r fans. i just dont want drifting going the wrong way here in america, although i think it already is sometimes.

Comment

I agree with CrazyHawaiian too. I'm also a noob, but I understand the difference between learning how to drift because you want to test your limits and doing it just to show off "look at me, I'm Takumi" People are getting a bit carried away with it. Every import magazine now has some kind of "drift" article and most of the time, its the same article just regurgitated with some so called "drifting" parts. I just hope the Fast and the Furious franchise doesn't start glamourizing drifting in their movies like they did with the whole import scene. Then we'll have an epidemic of people trying to drift out of the theatre and crashing. I think I'll leave my car at home and take the bus when that day comes. =D

Comment

It is getting a little to commercial now that redline TV is out it probably will get huge with posers...and also you will notice 240sx and ae86 and many other cars go way up in price.

Comment

True dat Drifter-M. Before the whole drift craze, you could get those well under 800 bucks for a pretty fair conditioned one. Now I see some that are just plain sad looking that are selling for 3000.

Comment

Working...
                X