Zoo time again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zoo time again

Seems like the forums have become a zoo yet again. Things have slipped back to the way they were bout a year ago and things are about to change. Here are some examples.

1. Too many people asking the same question over and over again. I am a firm believer in the only dumb question is an un-asked one but come on. The "What's a good Drift car to get" question has been asked more times than a hooker repents. People, it's really easy to use the search function. Don't think that you are going to make some startling revelation by asking that question, cause we have heard it 1 million times.

2. Age. I'm sorry if I hurt some feeling with this one, but, if you can't legally drive, shut up! Don't argue with someone who can drive about driving when you can't even drive. Don't ask what kind of car to get if you can't drive it once you get it. Just don't post. If you can't legally drive, you have nothing to offer a driving forum except what someone else has already done and written about. I know this sounds harsh but enoughs enough. You make useless clutter and make everyone angry when you put fingers to keyboard so just save us all the hassle. Listen and learn from the people who can so when you finally can, you will know.

3. Laziness. There are some of the laziest people I have ever seen on these boards. The search key is prime example, but there is another. Grammar is another. I make the ocassional slip, everyone does, but some of the worst butchering of the English language is done on these boards. This might come as a shock to you al but "Werd, Foo, Coo, Wat, ne (for any), Tho, Cuz and I c for I see are not words, at least from this planet. The funniest thing is that everyone blames it on not caring or a bad keyboard or their dog, anything but just plain laziness or ignorance. I also hate to tell you but anyone over the age of 25 thinks that kind of language is ridiculous and anything that you say, no matter how informative it may be, just sounds stupid when put in those terms. It’s not only unprofessional and you will never get anyone of any importance to take anything you say seriously, it’s just dumb. There, I said it. So take a little time, put in a little effort and write like you graduated the 5th grade.

4. Respect. There was a time that some of the better drivers in the sport posted here. I haven’t seen them as of late and it’s probably due to a lot of people busting on them. Sure, not everything that they say may be correct, but they sure as hell know more than 99% of the people here because they are out there doing it and getting PAID for it. So for some people to blatantly argue with them just for the sake of arguing is just ridiculous. Everyone whined and complained about none of the pro’s posting here but yet when they did, you all drove them of. What kind of fuzzy logic is that? I didn’t agree with some of the stuff they said, but in reality, who am I to say they were wrong about the sport? I’m not out there going to events, entering contests and winning. I’m a recreational driver who just happens to like the sport and can do it. That’s about it. I am not a pro, not sponsored and don’t get paid. So, give props where props are due.

It’s pretty simple really. I hope I didn’t offend anyone but then again if I did, you are probably guilty of the offenses listed in the above paragraphs. It’s just simple respect and common sense. If you don’t have it, god help you and if you do, use it!. The hammer is coming down again, don't be down swing.

I tottaly agree with you ghost. The search button is your best friend. There is no need to make thread on what car to get when there are already like 5 others so just follow what ghost said and you will have a good time in the world of Drifting.com

Comment

**Bows Down**

Comment

nice points ghost, i feel the same way about everything u said. lets just see how many people actually read and learn something from what u wrote.

Comment

Re: Zoo time again

This thread has been "stickied" and your topic has been a concern for some time. One solution is to create a forum for new members because the search tool has limitations.

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth
          Seems like the forums have become a zoo yet again. Things have slipped back to the way they were bout a year ago and things are about to change. Here are some examples.

1. Too many people asking the same question over and over again. I am a firm believer in the only dumb question is an un-asked one but come on. The "What's a good Drift car to get" question has been asked more times than a hooker repents. People, it's really easy to use the search function. Don't think that you are going to make some startling revelation by asking that question, cause we have heard it 1 million times.

2. Age. I'm sorry if I hurt some feeling with this one, but, if you can't legally drive, shut up! Don't argue with someone who can drive about driving when you can't even drive. Don't ask what kind of car to get if you can't drive it once you get it. Just don't post. If you can't legally drive, you have nothing to offer a driving forum except what someone else has already done and written about. I know this sounds harsh but enoughs enough. You make useless clutter and make everyone angry when you put fingers to keyboard so just save us all the hassle. Listen and learn from the people who can so when you finally can, you will know.

3. Laziness. There are some of the laziest people I have ever seen on these boards. The search key is prime example, but there is another. Grammar is another. I make the ocassional slip, everyone does, but some of the worst butchering of the English language is done on these boards. This might come as a shock to you al but "Werd, Foo, Coo, Wat, ne (for any), Tho, Cuz and I c for I see are not words, at least from this planet. The funniest thing is that everyone blames it on not caring or a bad keyboard or their dog, anything but just plain laziness or ignorance. I also hate to tell you but anyone over the age of 25 thinks that kind of language is ridiculous and anything that you say, no matter how informative it may be, just sounds stupid when put in those terms. It’s not only unprofessional and you will never get anyone of any importance to take anything you say seriously, it’s just dumb. There, I said it. So take a little time, put in a little effort and write like you graduated the 5th grade.

4. Respect. There was a time that some of the better drivers in the sport posted here. I haven’t seen them as of late and it’s probably due to a lot of people busting on them. Sure, not everything that they say may be correct, but they sure as hell know more than 99% of the people here because they are out there doing it and getting PAID for it. So for some people to blatantly argue with them just for the sake of arguing is just ridiculous. Everyone whined and complained about none of the pro’s posting here but yet when they did, you all drove them of. What kind of fuzzy logic is that? I didn’t agree with some of the stuff they said, but in reality, who am I to say they were wrong about the sport? I’m not out there going to events, entering contests and winning. I’m a recreational driver who just happens to like the sport and can do it. That’s about it. I am not a pro, not sponsored and don’t get paid. So, give props where props are due.

It’s pretty simple really. I hope I didn’t offend anyone but then again if I did, you are probably guilty of the offenses listed in the above paragraphs. It’s just simple respect and common sense. If you don’t have it, god help you and if you do, use it!. The hammer is coming down again, don't be down swing.

Comment

i agree 100% im tired of this crap.....

Comment

agreed...and sorry if i have some type problems..inglish its not my first lenguage...but im doing my best...

and please close those repetitive threads...

Comment

A new forum was just added to help reduce repeat questions.

Members can assist moderators by listing old threads that should be moved to this new forum.

NEW to DRIFTING
                http://www.drifting.com/forums/forum...php?forumid=64

Originally posted by FormulaDrifter
                i agree 100% im tired of this crap.....

Comment

Excellent post Ghost, couldn't agree with you more.

Comment

i dont really think it is a big deal about seeing the same posts because it is not like you have to read it but whatever. yeah i am glad you said that thing about grammar because i know people do it on purpose when they say "u" instead of you.... ghost of duluth has actually been very helpful to me because a while ago i posted something about what car i should get and he gave me tons of great information. (props where props where props are due).

on another note i did notice this "Grammar is another. I make the ocassional slip, everyone does" <8-)

"a shock to you al" i make mistakes all the time <:-(=)

Comment

Excellent thread Ghost, for a while there was a blur of clone threads.

Comment

Re: Re: Zoo time again

Originally posted by Admin2
                        This thread has been "stickied" and your topic has been a concern for some time. One solution is to create a forum for new members because the search tool has limitations.
                        lmao. i have suggestions. why put in as "rules" before people register (disclaimer)? also, i don't think people would scroll down to "new to drifting" you should it up on top and not on the bottom. (if people's monitor is too small cuz i got like a 15in monitor)
                        anyway just my 2cents

Comment

I am kind of glad that you admins are realizing what is going on here. We are losing senior members because they can't take the newbie crap anymore, and I am getting to that point also. I know Ghost, other members, and I as well have all created threads like this bitching about the newbs. Threads get so big that you can't even follow them if you aren't on atleast three times a day. The forum is getting less cozy and more like New York. I don't know who any of these people are that post here anymore. One more thing to add to the grammer, can people start using the shift key. If we are going to try to be looked at as an informative forum let's learn to type. I too make mistakes and that is why I often catch myself using the edit button to fix my mistakes, and I think it is about time people stop trying to be post whores and start posting meaningful stuff that is thought through and checked for grammer errors.. I can understand in the Picture and Video section if you are just going to say "nice slide" or something like that but if you aren't in that section and you don't have really anything to say than just read it and move on.

Once again Ghost has the balls and the patients to stand up and to tell everyone that the forum is starting to blow again and something needs to be done about it.
                          Last edited by prodigy; 07-04-2004, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Blargonator. I like you, I replied and gave you information because you asked in a way that told me you had actually searched and thought about the question. It wasn't the typical "What kind of car should I get". But, saying that no one has to read it is kind of misleading. Because when I first go to Drifting.com, the first thing that I see is the column to the right that has the newest threads that have been replied to. I tend to get a little disgruntled when there is always a thread called "Help", "What should I get", "Need help please!!!!" stuff like that. So in effect I do have to read it and so does everyone else. So if I see it then anyone coming to this site see's it and it makes us look like a bunch of 14 year olds, well, like the forum is.

Post whoring. People, high post counts don't mean crapola. If someone writes something to me, I don't look at his post count before I reply to him. I could care less if your post count is 1 or a thousand, if your information is good, i'll listen to you, of not then I won't. Post count don't mean jack.

As for the New York comment, I agree wholeheartedly. I also agree with the internet drifter comment. I think I can name 3 Japanese D1 drivers, can remember 4 names from Initial D and I know that Sam Hubinette drives a Viper, Alex Pfieffer drives an 86 and Tony Schultz drives a 240. Other than that, I couldn't tell you who drove what. Who cares in all honesty. Sure people root for their favorite driver but really people, if you can't drive, how can you come on here and argue a driving sport or a driver, a drivers style or how they drive with people who can drive, do drive and drive pretty fast like some people are capable of here? That makes no sense to me.

At 14, you guys should be worried more about grades, kickball games and outings with your dad. Let the bigger kids worry about Drifting. If you keep your grades up and do well in school, then you can make all the money you want so you can pour it in to Drift cars. Heck, once you discover girls you won't care bout no drift cars anyway so why waste everyones time getting help deciding what car you aren't able to drive even if you got it. I know, you're excited and all but curb it some and listen. Listen to what everyone has to say on subjects, listen to what people who have done it have to say. You wil learn alot more and get more respect that way.

Oh, I also know that Millen drives a GTO.
                            Last edited by Ghost of Duluth; 07-04-2004, 10:04 AM.

Comment

a bunch of claps for ghost...and i perfectly agree with the 14 year olds guys that cant even drive..nice thread like in a beginning said...

Comment

Working...
                              X