ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This has become a fan forum and not a drifter forum.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i don't see how some of u guys say u hate newbies when u were once one....

that's like saying u hate kids....

and i'll be posting my 1st gen Rx-7 project soon

Comment

Maybe you ought to read a little more into the posts, no one said they hated Newbies, just repetitive noobie like behavior.

Put your project in the picture thread not here.

Comment

Originally posted by Ernie
        I think your going to have to find a balance between real drifters and internet geeks. I lean more toward the real drifter side. I don't know how nor do I really care to put any time in on learning how to transfer pics from a digital camera to this forum. Your probably going to have to come down to my shop and snap the pics yourself.
        I have a side project car now that I am working on, but its near done and a little late to be taking pics. The guys that are on here posting are probably not in the right position to be drifting or building cars just yet. So for now let them just dream and build what it takes to be driven to building a drift car and a fun hobby. Expensive, but fun!! Its better than being addicted to drugs or out clubbin' and getting trashed then going home and hitting somebody on the way home ending up with a DUI. Building a drift car and the will to drift is a goal to strive for. Many of these guys don't know what it takes and will give up, but many are out there asking questions and trying. These guys are the ones that are trying to run with the Big Dogs. Here is my quote,"If you can't drift with the Big Dogs, sit on the curb!"
        Are you sitting on the curb talking smack or are you trying to drift?
        Neither I have been busy buying parts building, not getting called back from my local Nissan dealer on parts I need, and getting my engine stolen out of shops before it has been sent to me. That is why I am in this bad mood. I am just trying to strike up some new threads on the build up of cars.

So stop posting pictures in here and create new threads for yourselves. Let everyone see what you are bringing to the drift community. I am sure the newbs will start learning how to really build a drift car if we show them how.

Comment

Re: Re: This has become a fan forum and not a drifter forum.

Originally posted by CounterLock
          i was about to make a thread concerning this subject matter also. beat me too it. ty for giving me 15 minutes of my life back

but anyways...

so true, so so true.

but i dont hate all the newbs, i try to educate as much as i can. i just hate the "im better than you / im all that / shutup cause i know more". oh, and cant forget the ones who bash topics because it makes them feel important.
          I hate the ones that aren't smart enough to use the search button. I have used it many times so why are they too good not to.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth
            Maybe you ought to read a little more into the posts, no one said they hated Newbies, just repetitive noobie like behavior.

Put your project in the picture thread not here.
            I am glad someone read my whole and all of my posts before he posted right away and tried to be a post whore. Thanks Ghost I know you are with me on this. I read your new thread also. As you can see I have the same complaints as you do.

Comment

I got you man, i'm smelling what you're stepping in.

Comment

And it isn't smelling like spilled 93 octane, if you catch my drift. Had to throw the pun in there.

Comment

NOOB INSIGHT!

Originally posted by prodigy
                  Who is with me on this? The ratio of drifters and fans is horrible, and the newbs come in and act like they own the place because though "I don't have a license, I know the history of drifting and can name all the pro drivers." Well, that would be because you are an internet junky. I want to see some more project cars up, cars just torn apart, or some nice pics of your car doing a doughnut or a burnout atleast. I posted my project up and plan to be adding to it real soon here, so I want others to do the same. I want to see real drift project cars, and no FF "touge attackers" either. I want to see your stack of melted tires, your welded differential, you stiffening your chassis, or just anything that I would consider cool.
                  why would having fans for a motorsport (in fact growing stateside) be bad? I'm a newb who doesnt know the history of drifting, know all of the pro drifters name, or have a license. When you posted this, it seemed like you stereotyped all of us. And also, those stuff that you mentioned you wanted seeing, ARE in here. Just goto the tech/tecnique/pics&vids forums. Whatever you think is cool, just strain out the newb topics and look for what you like. And a note on that internet junky thing, I dont have money, cable, mountain paths, car, or any drift explosion in my area so I guess my last source to read up my interests are on drifting.com and the drifting forums of gtplanet.net because yes, I am a newb. I don't browse those the tech/tecnique section because I know I wouldnt be able to attempt any of those stuff within 6 hours (days, months, years... 4 months in general) so I guess I could be an internet junky for drifting for now(aside from playing with my parents/my car engines and tearing stuff apart). This is an insight from a newb. We're not all the same. Plus, in light of all darkness, theres a special n00b forum specially made for us. So I guess I could stop bothering you guys.

EDIT: I took out a long arse angry reply i made cause this isnt the topic that needs it

BTW, this is my first post I have ever done that consisted of me, a newb, arguing(?) with a real life drifter, and hopefully the last one.

Comment

I am not mad at all, so I am glad you took out that line you did. The thing is drifting is not just about sliding a car it is also a lifestyle. A lot of the people on here just don't represent what a drifter is in or out of their car. These people are just in it because it is the new hottest thing to come out since that has happened to the import scene and the motorsports thing in a while, well atleast one that has really made a difference. The next thing will be time attack, and since that doesn't involve a really high risk of crashing your car a lot of these fakes will convert over. These are the people that I call fans. They will never ever be true drifters, they may try it but it isn't really going to happen for them. You represent what a drifter is and you know where you are at. So thank you. You have to see where I am coming from, I am not here to hate on everyone.

Comment

I dunno, I got no problem with fans or noobs. There's no way I could ever look down on a noob because thats what I was when I first got into the sport. Everyone gotta start somewhere. Its inevitable that there will be people interested in the sport that do not drift, and this attitude that they are not "keeping it real" because they do not drift will only drive them away from the sport. Not good because fans are what will keep this sport going at the professional level. I think the problem here is that you guys have unrealistic expectations considering the organization of these forums. Like Ernie said, you need to find a balance between the different types of users. But its hard to have a balance when everything is grouped together and nomatter what you do there is always the same "what car should I buy" posts. Thats why I mainly post on other ... drifting ... forums .... heheheh

Comment

Working...
                      X