No announcement yet.

Moving to Okinawa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am sure one day I will be living there. First is Cali though and I am going to see how much I like that. I am just going to see where my life takes me after tech school.

Comment

hhmmmmm....

hello... sorry to bum off your post but i am currently looking into flying to japan for about a week with a friend.. i was wondering whats the bets thing to do stay and were can i see sum drift action by the way im 16 and have alot of frequent flier miles i haven't decide where to visit yet but if anyone wants to loan my friend and i 2 cots i will pay to stay! thanks for any help... sorry again
      Riley
      (p.s. any adive what to do? im not leaving until early august if everything is figured out by then thanks)

Comment

The Happo pass, you might even see Lorin there if you go on a saturday night.

Comment

If anyone wants to go to japan but don't have the money, join military and they ship you free as long as there's an opening.

and if you join the military and dont wanna go to iraq, best branch is the air force. It seems like all the other military branches consider it the "Military version of a Civilian", In other words they dont do much other than supply fighter pilots.
          Army and Marines are losing a lotta people out in the middle east so if you want a big chance at living long, getting free medical, travel to places free or close to it, and go to college for free i suggest military.
          safes branches air force and navy

Comment

yeah a lot of people are stationed in japan. hahah my brother says that about the navy because he was in the military (spelling) but it does not seem like a good idea to just go and live in japan with no plan of where to go. i dont think i would feel welcome anywhere if i just moved there and could not speak the language,did not have a job, and did not even know directions to a mcdonalds.

why does cali get everything?......damn michigan and the great lakes.

Comment

Originally posted by prodigy
              The Happo pass, you might even see Lorin there if you go on a saturday night.
              Where is the Happo Shu (cheap shitty beer), oh that`s on the top shelf at Family Mart, I know where that`s at.J/k But Happo pass I need some help. Do you happen to know what prefecture it is in?

Comment

Originally posted by blargonator
                yeah a lot of people are stationed in japan. hahah my brother says that about the navy because he was in the military (spelling) but it does not seem like a good idea to just go and live in japan with no plan of where to go. i dont think i would feel welcome anywhere if i just moved there and could not speak the language,did not have a job, and did not even know directions to a mcdonalds.

why does cali get everything?......damn michigan and the great lakes.
                Damn McDonalds, I live in the city, work in the mountains. There is a McDonalds at every station. I don`t want McDonalds it is expensive. You get a big mac, med fries, and a Large JDM (medUS) coke and you have spent 8 bucks. Go find a Yoshinoya, or a matsuya and spend 5bucks and get Miso soup, rice, a salad, and Pork Kimuchi. THere is no Matsuya at my train station by my work, so instead of getting baked fish with pickled greens miso soup a bowl of rice and fried pork with a raw egg, I have to get a hockey(sausuge mcmuffin) puck and a hash brown from MakuDonaludo. McD is taking over this place, even the highschool girls here that have to wear those short skirts have coined the term "McDonalds Legs" for the girls with the big legs. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by PRC
                  Kid, Ive always wanted to move (or visit) to japan. I find its culture fascinating and have always tried to read on its current events.
                  Now, I understand that its easy to think that Japan is a Car Paradise when you are 16, but its not entirely that way. They have many laws regarding used cars, and a young american with no real college education wont do much over there (unless you are military).

Now, you cant move on the sole excuse of drifting. Thats not wise. You can drift everywhere you want.

Id say, go to college (or auto shop), keep working, race, drift, and if you really like japan, study it, and maybe, later in your life youll be able to go to japan in a productive manner.
                  Does have a point. I was going to go to college here and do an exchange program but it was way to expensive. I put myself through school as a cerified mechanic, sears paid for the certifications. The Japanese government here needs a Degree if you want to teach english to get a visa. The Jobs are easy to find in Tokyo though. Here in TOkyo I have a friend working two jobs but he makes 8grand a month and rents Ferrari`s because he does not have a car. Have you looked into teaching english? If college is not your bag, you could do the military, but I don`t know what the odds are that you would be sationed in OKinawa though. One of the guys I live with is from Britan and he is a plumber, his Japanese boss found him on the internet and sponsored his visa. Anything is possible, you can do anything you want work hard and achieve your dreams, just do not give up.

Comment

Whats up Takaru!?! Still dont have a car yet haha!! It's cool man... You dont need to know Hogen to live in Okinawa at all! It's pretty much a dying language that only the elders know. Plus cops aren't cracking down on drifting, well the JP's aren't ( japanese police). The only ones cracking down on drifting are the MP's (military police). Okinawa has got to be like the safest place in the world because guns are illegal and all the people are nice! I plan on living here for the rest of my life, I moved here when I was 9 and i'm turning 18. You just have to get to know the okinawan drifters because they automatically assume you're stupid since you're a geijing ( foreigner) because us foreigners have been known to do some very stupid things. Atleast visit this place first to see if you like it.

Comment

Originally posted by OkinawanHCR32
                      Whats up Takaru!?! Still dont have a car yet haha!! It's cool man... You dont need to know Hogen to live in Okinawa at all! It's pretty much a dying language that only the elders know. Plus cops aren't cracking down on drifting, well the JP's aren't ( japanese police). The only ones cracking down on drifting are the MP's (military police). Okinawa has got to be like the safest place in the world because guns are illegal and all the people are nice! I plan on living here for the rest of my life, I moved here when I was 9 and i'm turning 18. You just have to get to know the okinawan drifters because they automatically assume you're stupid since you're a geijing ( foreigner) because us foreigners have been known to do some very stupid things. Atleast visit this place first to see if you like it.
                      Who??? ME??

Comment

thanks guys for all the help, I'm definetly going to visit, but I guess I'll just show up all the ricers around here for now.lol.

Comment

you live in tampa? I used to live there before going to okinawa. What part are you in? I used to live near interbay or macdill afb

Comment

What's so great about boro cars anyway? So you prefer the crappy, rusty cars found in Okinawa? Hey, they probably aren't worth much so you can just crash 'n trash'em while you practice drifting... makes sense. Who needs flashy cars anyways, eh?

Originally posted by Ziptyed
                            They have alot of Boro cars, ocean, small.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: moving to okinawa

Originally posted by Ripper
                              um... cute girls maybe?
                              buhahahaha!!! I'd say 65% are ugly, but "act cute".

Comment

Actually St. Petersburg, but Tampa's the only big city close to here. Since you used to live here, no know any good spots?

Comment

Working...
                                X