Nobody hates Newb's.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nobody hates Newb's.

I just read another thread where someone says that we hate newbs. My guess is that it is in reflection on the last couple days where a new person forum was created and what not so let me clear it up.

NOBODY HERE HATES NEWBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get that through the brainpans. Nobody hates you if you are new.

What people are saying is that you just need to do things for yourself. Alot of people on here are knowledgable in alot of things, but get tired of answering the same question 50 times. If you have a little brother or sister then you can relate. They ask the same thing over and over again until you want to launch on them. Same thing here. All people ask is that you put forth some effort to find out your own information. It's all right here.

Also, after reading the same thread, an example was brought to light about the IRL. He made the comment "I guess I can't like/talk about the IRL since I don't race there" See that thread.
    Well, in my opinion, you can talk about it all you want. But I don' think that you can argue anything about IRL with someone who's in IRL. Falls under the same line as not being able to drive and arguing driving technique with someone who can. Same as agruing prostitution with Heidi Fleiss when you have never done it yourself. Makes no sense. Would you tell a Butcher how to cut meat? Would you tell an Airline pilot how to taxi down the runway? Nope, so what would make you think you can tell someone who can drive how to drive if you can't? Same lines.

The site and it's people do not hate new people, just some of their antics. So don't be discouraged first time you post and someone hits you with the "Search" comment. It's just because the other 2000 new people that came before you did the same thing.

Also lay off the hate accusations, it makes us all look bad for no reason.

Also the number of posts you have doesnt matter it is the quality of what you say. NEWBS arent bad but take your time and search for stuff. Also www.google.com can answer a lot of your questions.

Comment

I am glad you posted this. I to do not hate newbs, just some of their actions and posts. I am sure you guys have seen some of my threads on this subject also. Ghost and I are in the exact same boat, we are just trying to clean this place up for your reading pleasure.

Comment

Noobs... in there own way... inspire me sometimes... ... ...

Comment

We shouldnt care what other forums say about us they dont know what there talking about....................... so whatever you know

Comment

See this is my home and many other people's also. Don't you clean up your house before you have visitors coming.

Comment

Good post Ghost. And remember folk I love the newbies! especialy the young guys, i got into cars and motorsports at a late age compared to most, so im always amazed to see young guys like it so much. However even i am human You need to understand if you message me, Which your welcome to do, check my profile. I may be busy or have other things going on. Also if you have a question for the most i've been asked it a number of times before.

Now that said, i do encourage you search first, if you cant find it at that point then hit me up for some info or opinion. If i cant respond right away or seem preocupied, dont take it personal, just add me to your list and hit me up next time im online. Im a nice guy who loves talking about cars so feel free to!

- Nissanguy

Comment

Newbies are great..they waste my time and hassle me about my car..ha...joshing. I to suggest that people do some reseach and remember to have repect for people that have knowledge on the subject of your interest. I really appreciate a person who trys to understanding things before they start making claims of authority and those who don't have attitudes that clash, its just foolish to do otherwise.

Comment

Ghost I just wanna say I appericate That you've been tryin to help this forum. Your patience as well as many others(nissanguy espeiclly) is comendable.

Comment

newbies are cool 'cause that make me feel smarter than i am one way or another

Comment

W0rd

I know you want more intelligent lingo in these posts but I only have one word for your post Ghost...

W0rd!

Hit the nail on the head, or your head on a nail... which one is it?

Comment

POST DELETED BY MODERATION
                        Last edited by nissanguy_24; 07-06-2004, 12:30 AM.

Comment

Its because ppl are too lazy to do anything for themselves, they want it served to them on a pladder. They expect us to just give them all the answers. Thats why this site needs a clearly defined area with general info and knowledge on drifting and some of the cars used commonly in drifting. And im talking this has to be on the home page. Not in the forum.

Comment

Ghost, even you have to admit that the people who say things like, "I don't have a license yet, but...blah blah blah," are a bunch of clowns. That also goes for the people who think it's cool to beat up on their mother's car/had mommy and daddy buy them a car which they think is theirs.

Comment

Working...
                            X