No announcement yet.

350z Backfiring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 run "rich" there needs to be more fuel going in2 the block than needed you would do this w/ a stand alone ecu or a piggy back comp. then if u want 2 shoot flames first u need no cat so u would replace that w/ test pipes or something like that. you also rev your motor higher than normal and when u finally do shift a flame should shoot out. this also happens when u down shift at a high rpm. if u still hav your cat you will just hear a poping sound

Comment

I am not Brian Norris.
      I drive the red Endless 350Z. The one Tony Angelo and Chris Forsberg plays around with when I show up at events.

Comment

he he this is cool
        Attached Files

Comment

O.O

Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr B
            I am not Brian Norris.
            I drive the red Endless 350Z. The one Tony Angelo and Chris Forsberg plays around with when I show up at events.
            Do you have some pics/vids of your Endless Z33 to share? That would be awesome if you had some.

Comment

wow nice orange flamez

Comment

i think this is one stupid thread, why would you want to backfire, just to look cool, the pro's do it so we can see pictures like that, you'd do it to get *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ed be the law (i dont know if im correct but a policemen would probably get a little ticked seeing a flame getting shot out of a car...)...you guys should practice shifting, and not killing your engine just to get it to backfire...

Comment

Here are some pics of Mr B'z sick car (hope you don't mind I stole them off your post on my350z...

Maybe Brian can post some drift shots when the car was being piloted by Tony A. running side by side whith Chris's SR20 Z? That was an awesome exhibition!!

Comment

BTW: DrifterZ... my Z33 shoots some pretty good flames when I bounce off the rev-limiter in 2'nd/3'rd or when downshifting aggressively.. all it took was removing the cats and stock exhaust for some test pipes and a JIC single Ti without the silencer

Comment

Look at that, it's my car.
                      Thanks z-dorifto.

Comment

Thanks Z-Dorifto for the pics and info.

Comment

but i heard that shooting different colours of flames can tell different signs of the motor....
                          like..yellow and orange flames are juz having a high water-temp and running rich, but if the motor is in a particular good condition the flams will comes out as Blue..
                          and red means tha motor is running lean....
                          not sure if those are ture or not...
                          i got that form 'OPTION FANs" mag.......
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X