Formula D Sonoma (FEEDBACK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yo yo, it's Jim here at FD.

I wrote a long a** thing to post and then I lost it so lucky all of you. Here is the condensed version...

1. THANK YOU!! All you drivers that attempted to sing happy birthday during the drivers meeting at the track. And double thank you for not throwing the cake in my face!!

2. Keep the feedback and the comments flowing. Positive, negative, whatever, everyone here at the office reads them and we take everything you guys say in consideration. BUT please keep a couple of things in mind... there is difference between constructive, helpful, positive critiques/criticizms and pain whining and bitching. Be helpful. We are hear to listen. We will try our best. We cannot make everyone happy, but we'll try. Like James aka Bubba Drift said, this is only season one.

3. Alex. I don't know if it's just the way messages come across on boards, but man, bro... Some the things you are talking about I thought we've discussed already in our drivers meetings. Its a work in progress and I thought you understood that. I thought you understood that our doors are open to you so you telling everyone all this doesn't help anyone. Just sounds like you are very unhappy with the series that's getting you exposure all across the country and all across the world. I don't see anyone else, not even D1 making the kind of effort for the drifting scene.

4. 41 DAYS till Formula Drift Championship Finale. Irwindale Speedway August 29th. Mathematically, Forsberg, Dai, and the Goosh still have a chance to be the champion.

Thanks for everyone's support! We are beginning to plan season 2.

Jim

Comment

• Im suprised that this hasent been mentioned yet, but what about the idea of two classes?

Imagine, you have an unlimited class, for all the balls out, factory backed, *Censored**Censored**Censored* kicking machines and a limited class for the privateer entries.

The limitations for unlimited vs. limited could be as easy as an hp limit, imposed budget, and factory sponsorship. I can imagine other manufactures joining in just to stop Mopar's domination...

This sort of class system could also provide a good launch pad for beginners. Enter your own car, do well, attract sponsors, move to unlimited.

Comment

• Originally posted by cartunes13
        Trust me if/when you are concentrating driving (following the line or someone) you dont have time to notice your tire smoke. You see it lingering in the air after your run if it is not to windy.
        i only noticed when i am done........ more throttle = more smoke of course. i have a leadfoot. hurts you sometimes when you hit stuff though!

Comment

• POWER:WEIGHT Ratio should be considered in evening out the competition. What is more fair to compete with? A 500hp rx7, or a 500hp viper? Cutting out the Viper becuase it's a powerful car is bogus. You need a better answer than that.

Another method is what JGTC does to even out competition
          Winners are penalized with weight, weight amounts are determine by placement order. Of course JGTC has a lot more races.
          Last edited by swifty949; 07-19-2004, 05:37 PM.

Comment

• I think alot of people on here are missing some important points and try to bring up things that are really not that important of issues. Some people on here like to argue just for the sake of argument. Not that its a bad thing, it is an open forum, just please argue one topic at a time, maybe split up the posts into different threads. (mods step in here)

For Jim and everyone at Formula D, First off I'd like to say you guys are doing a great job and I really enjoy coming out to the events. Everyone involved is fun to be with and we all have a great time. I know it seams like im bitching alot (you know i like to *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* ).
            Yes we have talked about these issues at the drivers meetings but also remember the point was mentioned about that fact that we need to educate the public, thats kinda why i talk about things on here. Mainly to give an insight to what is going on more than just rumors or second hand stories. It just sucks that alot of our fans dont really know what drifting is and make it up in there minds that it should be like Initial D or GT3!

This is the real world and our credibility and actions speak volumes. I have been in this game for a long time and want to see the drifting stay true to its roots.
            BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

• Originally posted by clos
              Im suprised that this hasent been mentioned yet, but what about the idea of two classes?

Imagine, you have an unlimited class, for all the balls out, factory backed, *Censored**Censored**Censored* kicking machines and a limited class for the privateer entries.

The limitations for unlimited vs. limited could be as easy as an hp limit, imposed budget, and factory sponsorship. I can imagine other manufactures joining in just to stop Mopar's domination...

This sort of class system could also provide a good launch pad for beginners. Enter your own car, do well, attract sponsors, move to unlimited.
              theres two sides to that coin. it creates a 3 day event. that cost WAY more money. youll always have the practice and press day as well as setups. with an actual two days of spectators, it would probably drive ticket prices up.

to be honest, i like the idea of having a novice class. i think it allows the little guy to have a chance at one day play with the big boys and get noticed.

PS - Alex, answer my damned PM already!
              Last edited by pony; 07-19-2004, 06:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim @ Formula D
                Yo yo, it's Jim here at FD.

I wrote a long a** thing to post and then I lost it so lucky all of you. Here is the condensed version...

1. THANK YOU!! All you drivers that attempted to sing happy birthday during the drivers meeting at the track. And double thank you for not throwing the cake in my face!!

2. Keep the feedback and the comments flowing. Positive, negative, whatever, everyone here at the office reads them and we take everything you guys say in consideration. BUT please keep a couple of things in mind... there is difference between constructive, helpful, positive critiques/criticizms and pain whining and bitching. Be helpful. We are hear to listen. We will try our best. We cannot make everyone happy, but we'll try. Like James aka Bubba Drift said, this is only season one.

3. Alex. I don't know if it's just the way messages come across on boards, but man, bro... Some the things you are talking about I thought we've discussed already in our drivers meetings. Its a work in progress and I thought you understood that. I thought you understood that our doors are open to you so you telling everyone all this doesn't help anyone. Just sounds like you are very unhappy with the series that's getting you exposure all across the country and all across the world. I don't see anyone else, not even D1 making the kind of effort for the drifting scene.

4. 41 DAYS till Formula Drift Championship Finale. Irwindale Speedway August 29th. Mathematically, Forsberg, Dai, and the Goosh still have a chance to be the champion.

Thanks for everyone's support! We are beginning to plan season 2.

Jim
                sooooo, youre gonna fly me out to Irwindale, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by pony
                  theres two sides to that coin. it creates a 3 day event. that cost WAY more money. youll always have the practice and press day as well as setups. with an actual two days of spectators, it would probably drive ticket prices up.
                  Not necessarily.

I imagine a two day, day one is practice and media day, day two is actual competition.

On day one, the course is outlined and driven by the Limited group in the morning and then the Unlimited group takes over in the afternoon.

Same for competition day, the limited group runs in the morning and the Unlimited group takes over in the afternoon, giving time for spectators to show up.

Yes, ticket prices would rise. However, they arnt extremely high to start out with. Perhaps the price hike would be negated if another auto manufacturer joined the fray...

Comment

• Originally posted by clos
                    Not necessarily.

I imagine a two day, day one is practice and media day, day two is actual competition.

On day one, the course is outlined and driven by the Limited group in the morning and then the Unlimited group takes over in the afternoon.

Same for competition day, the limited group runs in the morning and the Unlimited group takes over in the afternoon, giving time for spectators to show up.

Yes, ticket prices would rise. However, they arnt extremely high to start out with. Perhaps the price hike would be negated if another auto manufacturer joined the fray...
                    yeah, it takes about 8 hours to run the competition altogether. youd have to turn 16s into 8 man fields.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexPfeiffer
                      How do you work that pm thing, never used it before. I have an email address you know. Alex@battleversion.com

Anyway, smoke----> http://www.sromagazine.com/events/di...um=217&pos=355

http://www.sromagazine.com/events/di...um=217&pos=356
                      just click user cp on the left under the Option banner and click Private Messages on the right. Ill just email you.

Comment

Working...
                      X