check out the wheel mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• check out the wheel mod

well, i got tired of my rims and since they are 3-piece, i decided to flip them. i used mothers aluminium polish and a ton of elbow grease, and it turned out well. the rest will be finished soon, and ill post pics of em on my 86. what do you guys think?

BEFORE

AFTER

ANOTHER AFTER

offsets...head hurting.....arrrrrrrggg.

Now on the off chance that it's ok to run them like this, I'm not going to say anything too...err....strong, but I'm really thinking that is a bad idea.

If you want lip and have 3 piece wheels, get some new outer lips. That's really looking like a bad idea. I'm not sure how it's going to work, and I'm pretty sure it's going to look like *Censored**Censored**Censored*. You're going to poke something mean, and it will really effect the way your car turns and feels.

Bah. Do it right, get yourself a set of wider lips for it. They're not THAT much, VW guys run them all the time on BBS RM's, which were a factory option on mk2 VW's. They buy the lips, polish them up, and look sick. And it's like 200 bucks.

EDIT: I thought about this for another minute. All I can say is post pictures when you get them back on the car. I need some pohtoshop material, and I have a feeling as soon as you get it off the jackstands you are going to realize why this is a really bad idea.
    Last edited by Parry; 07-13-2004, 10:41 PM.

Comment

i put it on and and dropped the jack and it sticks out of the wheel well less than an inch. i think it should be fine. ill let you know how it goes...

Comment

I like it!

I'm not sure how the offsets will affect tire rubbing and such. You may want to be careful in measuring their clearances, especially the front when turned as well as if there's room for the suspension to move up and down without hitting your fender.

Comment

oh, ill be rolling the hell out of the fenders

Comment

well, i did some measuring and some math, and it turns out i have a -50.8 offset. damn, i think thats a little to extreme...
            but after all those hours of work

Comment

Originally posted by Parry
              offsets...head hurting.....arrrrrrrggg.

Now on the off chance that it's ok to run them like this, I'm not going to say anything too...err....strong, but I'm really thinking that is a bad idea.

If you want lip and have 3 piece wheels, get some new outer lips. That's really looking like a bad idea. I'm not sure how it's going to work, and I'm pretty sure it's going to look like *Censored**Censored**Censored*. You're going to poke something mean, and it will really effect the way your car turns and feels.

Bah. Do it right, get yourself a set of wider lips for it. They're not THAT much, VW guys run them all the time on BBS RM's, which were a factory option on mk2 VW's. They buy the lips, polish them up, and look sick. And it's like 200 bucks.

EDIT: I thought about this for another minute. All I can say is post pictures when you get them back on the car. I need some pohtoshop material, and I have a feeling as soon as you get it off the jackstands you are going to realize why this is a really bad idea.

what a puss, how is this a bad idea? hmmm maybe you talking is a bad idea, even rim manufatures do this, how do you think theyu get extreme negative offsets the saameble rims with highe positive offsets in reverse. in example if you ordered a set ow work misers in the size 17X10-35jj how do you think they get that, enginer a new lip? hell no waste of time. The only posible area of problem is an increased sheer force on the studs, but this is at most a minor risk so blah blah, awsome rims dude

Comment

Originally posted by 05m0515
                well, i did some measuring and some math, and it turns out i have a -50.8 offset. damn, i think thats a little to extreme...
                but after all those hours of work
                sounds like you measusred wrong way wrong there is no way the off set is that high but regardless who cares pimp it hard, haters=to lame to pimp a major lip

Comment

Originally posted by young gun
                  what a puss, how is this a bad idea? hmmm maybe you talking is a bad idea, even rim manufatures do this, how do you think theyu get extreme negative offsets the saameble rims with highe positive offsets in reverse. in example if you ordered a set ow work misers in the size 17X10-35jj how do you think they get that, enginer a new lip? hell no waste of time. The only posible area of problem is an increased sheer force on the studs, but this is at most a minor risk so blah blah, awsome rims dude
                  Great post

His offset probably is that high, and I'd expect he'd need fender work to make it work in the front. A lot of work and money for what everyone will set as inverted wheels, not "madz lip yo". I think you need to learn a little bit more about rim "manufatures" before you telling me talking is a bad idea.
                  Last edited by Parry; 07-14-2004, 08:57 AM.

Comment

yeah parry is right, in the front you are probably gonna need some huge flares, but look on the bright side, you will have a bunch of room on the inside of your tire, i am not sure what's so great about that, but congratulations anyway.

- peace

Comment

Originally posted by Parry
                      Great post

His offset probably is that high, and I'd expect he'd need fender work to make it work in the front. A lot of work and money for what everyone will set as inverted wheels, not "madz lip yo". I think you need to learn a little bit more about rim "manufatures" before you telling me talking is a bad idea.
                      eat me e-drifter *Censored**Censored**Censored*, id dint say he wouldent need flares or fender work but who care just grab a bat and a heat gun and get it done, p.s. you suck at life yo

p.p.s. die

Comment

Originally posted by 180maniac
                        yeah parry is right, in the front you are probably gonna need some huge flares, but look on the bright side, you will have a bunch of room on the inside of your tire, i am not sure what's so great about that, but congratulations anyway.

- peace
                        widder track= stability as for flares who cares most 86's have rusted fenders, 2 birds with one stone, and yes it looks good damn good, and that is half of drifting

Comment

first off you have no idea how it looks on the car, all you see is 3 crappy pics of just the wheel. his offset is more than likely that great because look at how much of the wheel was outside before, that is all that is left behind the studs now. i don't know about how much better the stability is gonna be, but that isn't what he did it for, and i never said anything about how it was gonna handle, he did it for cosmetic reasons, and i think it is ugly.

that's the end of it for me

- peace

Comment

Working...
                          X