No announcement yet.

Drifting a 'stang!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry the photo isn't better, but note the cone flying through the air!
    Attached Files

Comment

Hey, I love that blue mustang! Was that at the CA Speedway's lower lot? Looks like it was. My drifting was in the upper lot because there was an auto-x going on down below.

This is the last for now, but not forever!

Eric "Turn it and whack it!" Eikenberry
      Attached Files

Comment

im kinda in the market for a stang maby a 94 or 95, wont happen for about 6 months or so and very nice driftng
        but im still learning about the irs and single rear axel stuff, i know what they are, but can eney body enlighten me on them and there drifting aplications?

Comment

Those are some really good shots. I wish I had more of my car like that, but I am alsways driving. Yes, that was from Drift Day Competition 2 in Lot 12 at the California Speedway.

I hope you stick with mustang drifting photomunkey. I have seen a few mustangs at drift events, but they never stick around. They come out once to a 240/Corrolla dominated sport and have the same failures as everyone else on their first attempts, then are never seen again. Hopefully we can get a bunch of people dedicated to making this car a permanent and successful fixture in drifting. Good luck!

Comment

A heavily modded Fox body was at Formula D sonoma, he didn't do too well.

Comment

As a 240 driver i just want to say, bring 'em on! i would love to see some more mustangs out there. Come on out guys and have fun.

I think you get alot of guys who are cruisers or drag racers who want to try it, they come out, maybe there alittle nervous about being there, few other american cars, they dont do well so they leave. But they need to stick it out and learn. No one picks it up right away.

Comment

I like to think I'm more of a road race/car control-type of guy. You may not pick this up right away, but if you grew up in snow country, like I did, the feeling of the rear rotating is not very frightening at all.

As I said, I spun my car 3 times just trying it out on the swedish cross before I got the hang of it and began to really slide the car the full 270 degrees around each end of the cross. That's full opposite lock sliding, not oh-look-the-rear-stepped-out-a-little. In the photos, Dan only got my car to full lock a few times (dang BMW sissy driver!). LOL
                Eric

Comment

Re: Re: Drifting a 'stang!

wow! driftfox II looks hella tight!

Originally posted by driftfox
                  Been doing that for some time now. (These are my cars)

(Courtesy jarehmechoe at Club4ag.com)

(Courtesy Yarzan here at drifting.com)

(Courtesy of Cipher Garage and GRM Magazine)

BTW, you don't need IRS for improved predictability and balance.

Comment

Do you guys mind if I use some of these pics for the gallery on our website?

Comment

Naw, go right ahead... Hopefully next time the shots will be of ME in the driver's seat!

Also, hopefully, I'll have many more modifications completed...

Comment

Here's some pics of a '03 SVT Cobra drifting from muscle mustangs.

Hopefully, I can take pics of mine soon.

Comment

Sweeeet. Couple guys in my car club (for shows) have those new Cobras. Kick azz cars!! Good bang for the buck.

Comment

i just got 5.0 mustang mag and it has a mustang drifting artical and on the cover

Comment

Some more pics of Driftfox 2 from DD17 and the DD Competition 2. Sorry for the quality issues.

Comment

what is a Cobra IRS?

My friend has a 03 Mustang GT that hes been wanting to drift but just doesnt know where to do it where he wont get some ticket for wreckless driving

his can has a couple of aftermarket parts , an intake and a throttle body, and stiffer lower eibahi springs what else can he do to it to make it drift better?

he needs new tires too, thats what hes buying next, what tires would be good to put on that car?

Comment

Working...
                                X