No announcement yet.

Drifting a 'stang!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IRS is the independant rear suspension found in the Cobra's. As far where to practice, try finding and out of the way parking lot, which is my only option at this point. Parts aren't gonna make the car drift, the driver is. Id say to practice with what he's got on now and get use to it. The GT stock should be good enough already to start. After awhile, when he gets use to it, he'll be able to see what parts he'll be needing to make controlling the car better.

Comment

Yeah the stock GT should be good to go. I'd say just get a different set of tires for drifting (always keep one good set for safe daily driving). If there are no tracks in your area, then best bet is to find an open space thats private property. It would be even better if it was in a deserted area, and nobody knows who owns the land (thus no way to complain or contact the owner). The cops can only give you a ticket if you're doing this stuff on the streets. But you didnt hear that from me. Street drifting is bad (private property or not).

Comment

so i guess he could just use his old tires for drifting and his new tires for daily driving

Comment

found a pic of the mustang at Formula D sonoma

Comment

nice lookin fox body i always liked the coups better than the hatches,any way i posted this on another tread, but does eney body know how ajustible maximum motor sports coilovers are iv heard great things about them but still not shure about them.

Comment

Maximum Motorsports has great stuff. I hear the coilovers they offere are pretty good. The adjustability depends on the type of shocks and struts you put in. The kit converts it to a regular McPherson setup and gives you new springs which lower the car slightly. They also offer a 4 bolt conversion castor plates from the stock 3 bolt which I hear are one of the best out there. Im waiting on this new company, Hans Racecraft, to make more stuff. I recently bought their subframe connectors and its the most over engineered piece I've seen for a car yet. I think his stuff will top anybodies when it comes to engineering and quality. Hehe, sorry to sound like an infomercial, but thats how much I love this guys stuff. My cars behavior totally changed when they were put in, felt like driving a new car. It corners almost Porsche like now. I guess, what do you expect from a German engineer.
              Last edited by svtxchinoy; 07-20-2004, 07:33 PM.

Comment

What!? Now an American Iron car is drifting? I remember when I brought out the Mustang to a drift event at the beginning of last year, I took a ton of heat for it from the Mustang people. Not only that, but drifting was a banned word on many of the Mustang performance and handling forums. This forum didn't even exist, and there were no such posts about domestic drifting. Now, people are finally starting to catch on. That's good, it's about time! but oh, the hypocrisy of it all!
                Last edited by driftfox; 07-21-2004, 08:49 AM.

Comment

what would the "mustang people" say to put the heat on you? i went to the last driftday in CA and saw maybe 2 domestics only, 2 5.0 mustangs i think

Comment

thanks for the info the ones i was lookin at had bilstien, i dont think there adjustible, but im preety shure you can get tokico that are.
                    dosn't hans racecraft make dodge neon turbos that blow v8's away haha iv heard good things from them too.

Comment

here's a cobra going sideways
                      Attached Files

Comment

HOLLY SHYT!!!! Those new model stang drifting are sooooo hot!!! Not a fan of the older 5.0 stangs but it's cool to see em slide. I'm in the search for a new car/truck and the new mustang GT's are lookin pretty sweet. Anyone have a video of the newer stangs drifting?

Comment

Originally posted by zdss14
                          thanks for the info the ones i was lookin at had bilstien, i dont think there adjustible, but im preety shure you can get tokico that are.
                          dosn't hans racecraft make dodge neon turbos that blow v8's away haha iv heard good things from them too.
                          WHY YES, YES THEY DO zdss14, lolz. They're turbo's actually contain a flux capacitor that when you hit 88mph, oh wait... sorry, thinking of something else

I think that pic of the cobra is just parked on the road, master-s, hehe. The wheels aren't turning. Go back to page 2, I put up some pics from Muscle Mustangs of them drifting when the car first came out.

Comment

Finally Found My House

Names Mike,whats up?I have been hearing about this guy driftfox and would like to start a team of fox-chassis mustangs to drift in Formula D and other events from beginner to pro.Saw that Griggs racing ran with my idea of drifting the fox in the first place.Lost my oppertunity with John last year cuz I wasnt professional or ready enough for that matter.Hope to see that car at more events in the future and many more fox chassis mustangs.I have been building this car for 10 months now revamping it all and going to a carb setup.I really would like to meet up with more domestic drifters and put the smack down on the pavement.Yes the car has some issues with the steering but, that doesnt mean that this car isnt fit to get slideways.I am only a few months away from putting the car on the track providing that there will be some drift days or 3D events we can practice at.

Comment

Working...
                            X