nissan.jp navigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nissan.jp navigation

I cant read japanese but can normaly navigate through most of the japanese web sites for nissan, sube, honda ect. However I cant find silvias or skylines on the nissan site. I heard that you needed to buy the gtr/gts through the nismo site but i cant figure that out either. Also i would be suprised if the silvia had to be bought through nismo. Any help from people who know the site or can read it would be helpful.

Thanks

PS I know it can also be shown in english but normaly its very watered down and even in eng. I couldnt find either cars

They don't make them anymore

Comment

when did they stop production of the s15?
      " " " " GTR\S?

and why?

Comment

A couple years ago. I believe it was because of ghei emission laws, but I'm not 100% sure why.

Comment

Dont worry, Nissan is working on a new GTR for 2007 and there are rumors of a new Silvia S16. They stopped production of the S15 in 2002. Its true that you can buy a R34 from Nismo though. They are currently buying back used R34s with under 30,000Km and tuning them up for their 20th aniversary. For more info read the August issue of Super Street.

Comment

that sucks but thanks for telling me. i diddnt realize japan also had such strict codes.

Comment

the new silvia isnt a rumor

Comment

Originally posted by GC8_Kei
                that sucks but thanks for telling me. i diddnt realize japan also had such strict codes.
                Haha, Cali's are probably worse

Comment

Originally posted by zdss14
                  the new silvia isnt a rumor
                  Rumor.... Nothing more, and probably much less. The S-chassis is dead, and there will be no S16.

The R-chassis is dead as well. The next GTR will be V-based.

Comment

LOL I remember the good ol' days when the still had the S15 on the Nissan.co.jp site. I would always go to take a peek. O and also, Japan's laws are stricter than cali's believe it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by driftersil80
                      O and also, Japan's laws are stricter than cali's believe it or not.
                      So how they get away with all those highly tuned, almost JGTC ready cars on the wangan?

Comment

Its all about the money, in Japan the gas prices are through the roof I belive, america thinks it has it bad but england is even worse. Gasoline is like gold, but back to emmisons, in Japan i dont think theyre catalytic converter is as restrective as americans, more enviormentalist people in USA, thats what i think.

Comment

Stricter emissions laws? You can't compare apples and oranges. They test for different things. To make that comparison is to expect some comments like "it's worse" or "it's more lax". Hence no EGR's there but EGR's are over here.

As for the S and R chassis, we'll see when they get released or get official press saying that they'll be released. Pictures online from some website other than Nissan itself or some other highly reputable magazine just isn't good enough evidence and you'd be fools to believe it.

Comment

That S16 picture is a photshop of a Renault(can't remember which one) and a Silvia.

Comment

Originally posted by Velvet
                              So how they get away with all those highly tuned, almost JGTC ready cars on the wangan?

Don't register it... or make it pass then tune it

Comment

Working...
                              X