Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• El Camino Drifters - Formula D Sonoma Update

Howdy,
    We got back from California early wednesday morning, and i've finally gotten around to updating the website with photos and a summary of our trip. We didn't pull off a cinderella story this time, but we had fun and will be back for the next event in Cali. We will be at the next Daily Drifter event on August 1st. Our team name is now Bubba Drift, and someone nicknamed our car the 'Hell Camino'

Thank you for your support and sponsorships!

Our main drifting page with our trip info:
    http://www.z28evans.com/Drifting.htm

Our Sponsors:
    http://www.z28evans.com/donate.htm

Photos:
    http://www.z28evans.com/media.htm

Thanks,
    James & Derrick
    Bubba Drift

Awesome, just awesome, I respect that car so much and you just made me love the old rusty thing as a Camino, its a wierd frankenstienish truck/ car that can get lumber, but equally get looks. Domestic drifting at its finest! I just wann see some1 bring an ole' GTO or Z28 drifting!!

Comment

Honestly, these guys rock...

Very cool people. I went and said Hi to Derek Rogers during a rest period... It was quite inspiring to see him. This guy defines underdog.

Anyways, you guys got me hooked on drifting again...

Matt.

EDIT: Spelling... I misspelled quite...
      Last edited by Craftsman; 07-17-2004, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Well regardless of what you placed I'm sure you guys put on a good show. Congrats on attending the event and representing domestics. Any other domestics (besides the GTO and Viper) out there?

Comment

ue el camino kicks! i like the pic on your site with you and frosburgs(sp?) 350z

dodge camino
          a true under dog story

Comment

El Camino es muy bueno!!!

Comment

it's a chevy bro.

Awesome work, car, driving.

Comment

Originally posted by Parry
                it's a chevy bro.

Awesome work, car, driving.
                I was about to say the same thing... haha...

Yea these guys rock... Very nice and Southern people. It's quite amusing to see them.

These guys exemplify how a person with a little bit of time on their hands can beat a guy with alot of money... I just wanted them to beat Samuel...

Matt.

Comment

thanks for the support guys! Between possibly painting it and doing some motor mods, we may have some tricks up our sleeves for the next event

dodge camino
                  a true under dog story
                  I think he is referencing the Dodge Ball movie, not saying that it is a dodge camino

...and to get technical, it's not a chevy - or an el camino, it's a GMC Caballero (somewhere on my site i go into more detail) but i call it an el camino because no one knows what a caballero is

Comment

i called my old "izuzu Hombre" a Chevy S10 for the same reason.. exact same car, exact same crappy auto tranny (man GM what were you thinking?) but no one knows what a hombre is.. and its not worth explaining.

Comment

Wait...so you've been LYING to us this whole time?

Who are you?

Realisticly, it's a lot easier to say "Elky" then Caballero haha.

Comment

i called my old "izuzu Hombre" a Chevy S10 for the same reason
                        Exactly

Most El Camino fans don't even know about the Caballero

Hombre - Caballero - Chevy must have a fetish with naming obscure vehicles after spanish men

Comment

GM also is naming their newest Buick LaCrosse,which is slang in Quebec for welll....lubriderming.That's why I believe the car is being renamed in Canada.Not the first time GM didn't do their homework on naming their cars.

Comment

You guys rule. Congratulations on the sponsorship.

Comment

Sup Derrick and James glad to see you made it back ok. Too bad you could not come to the drift event this weekend. I will give you a call later this week about us all towing out to Irwindale together. C-ya

Comment

Working...
                              X