No announcement yet.

Laying Drags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just for your info it sucks *Censored**Censored**Censored* in Indianapolis,IN too....It's hard to find lots, the roads aren't that safe, and ther are NO tracks to practice at too. You would think that there would be atleast one F'n track in Indy, I mean *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* it's considered the "race capitol of the world". People may not agree with that statment, but that's what I have heard my whole life. Still no events in Indy. I guess we are just years behind everyone else, with the whole drifting thing. Well I don't want to ramble so I will leave on that note.

Comment

Any oval tracks? they usualy have big parkinglots or infields that could be used for an organized event.

Comment

Well....The 500 Speedway has that huge F1 track, but I don't think they will ever let anyone use that unless you got tons of $$$. Or if drifting gets as huge as it is in Japan to the point that they will know they can make money off of an event. IRP (Indianapolis Raceway Park) has some oval tracks and I think a road course (only used for Auto-x and BMW). I heard that SCCA was trying to set up something with them and drifting, but I think it never happened. They have open drag night there so I figured they would have a D Day or something. I haven't heard anything so if anyone knows something let me know....

Comment

I do know at one time. That they(IRP) where thinking of having a drift exhibition during the Falken import and truck bash....but I think it fell through.

Comment

My180 who are you? You aren't Quincy are you?

Comment

hmm, now that i realize it, there are quite a few drift spots around s.f. and thanks Dae, your website isn't the best quality but sure packs a punch of info. by the way, did u see the picture were lyk 60 FD fill up crooked street?

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth
                My180 who are you? You aren't Quincy are you?
                No, but if theres a Quincy in the gwinett area that drifts I wouldn't mind meeting him.

Comment

I got chased out of my high school parking lot today by like 3 golf carts. The shame. My Mk 3 chased away by golf carts.

Comment

Originally posted by SR_power19
                    Lay a drag? my guess is it means to fawk a drag queen.Which should be a arrestable offense in any state
                    do you mean a dyno queen?

Comment

damn, that sucks *Censored**Censored**Censored*. Sorry to hear, its also not good to hear because i too, leave in gwinnett. Not the type of thing you want to hear.

The only thing you could do is to find anotehr spot. Unless you got access to a lot that someone let you use at night, get them to fill out a paper saying its okay. Because i think its not that you doing something illegal on the streets, but your a hazard to the lots insurance policy. My dad went though the same thing when he was younger, and told me about it. Its okay to practice in a safe place like a lot, but when it comes to insurace and other stuff these days, there no telling whats going to heppen

sorrt to hear about it.

BTW, where were you practicing, i might know the spot. Just wondering

Comment

Well, he's moving up here. Drives a black S-13 with an SR and a Sixgun sticker on it. Can't miss him. Cool guy.

Comment

well you really cant miss me, I'm the only white sil-40 in gwinett. Saving up for the sr swap, I'll probably go to Finish Line because Mike over there does some damn good work.

Comment

Yeah there aren't very many places around here to practice either. I live in Bibb county, Macon to be exact. I might come and visit you guys sometime, when i come see my grandma.

I really wanna look into organizing a gymkhana event around here sometime, or up there. There are a few auto-x places around here, like high school parking lots that we can use.

- peace

Comment

Yea go to Finish line. They are excellent people over there. Sae, Robert, Mike, all them guys are awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by 180maniac
                                Yeah there aren't very many places around here to practice either. I live in Bibb county, Macon to be exact. I might come and visit you guys sometime, when i come see my grandma.

I really wanna look into organizing a gymkhana event around here sometime, or up there. There are a few auto-x places around here, like high school parking lots that we can use.

- peace

hell yeah, me and my home boys were just talking about getting into gymkhana.

pm me with any info and we'll most likely be down

Comment

Working...
                                X