No announcement yet.

My AE86, Finally Coming Together!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah if i could afford it I would like to get an aluminum block and aluminum head V6 motor for my AE86(an aluminum V6 that weighed the same as a 4ag so it wouldnt upset the balance). A V160 tranny and some kind of rear axle that could withstand like 400 HP. My AE86 would be pretty sweet. But I don't think toyota makes that kind of motor. I would probably have to get it from nissan. Dont get me wrong though i do love the 4ag. But the 4ag has its limits and im not really a big fan of force induction

Oh by the way talk all the trash you want because i dont care what you like. I have the balls to be original.(For the haters. lol)

Comment

Originally posted by vigvoodoo
      You don't know what you're talking about. When I say coilovers I mean coilovers not some cheap sleves.

This is what I mean by coilovers (TODA RACING Type FS coilovers)
      $2,705.00
      just checking, but you do know you can take apart ae86 struts right??? and you do know that around 99% of aftermarket ae86 coilovers are just rebuilt/modified stock strut cases...if you want to buy those coilovers that you probablly wont know how to setup right then go ahead. but you can get very good quality stuff for half the price or even cheaper.

Comment

i've always liked the jblood flares. but theyre soo damn expensive.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I can set the suspension up right if not I'll just take it to Jerry Onks, one of the best in my area. Most of the Auto-X guys use him.

Comment

formula atlantic 4ag
            and seamweld the bish

Comment

I can't seamweld it because its my daily driver. If I were to seamweld it the unibody would not be able to flex enough and begin cracking, specially with these street bumps and stuff. As for the Formula Atlantic engine that would not last but a couple of weeks at most before needing a full rebuild.

Comment

my friend has a seamwelded daily driver with a formula atlantic. he lives in one of the most industrial parts of LA, so the rudes are long gone thanks to all the semis.

Comment

the wide body kit look nice to me. seems more slick or something. oh well nice looking 86 by the way. more pics please

Comment

some how u seemed to miss my point...those toda/fightex coilovers are preaty good stuff, but you can get stuf just as good or maybe even better for a lot cheaper. remember just because it has the highest price doesnt mean its the best for your needs. besides, coil overs are only half of your suspension. there are a lot more suspension/footwork stuff that needs attention for the ae86.

I'm pretty sure I can set the suspension up right if not I'll just take it to Jerry Onks, one of the best in my area. Most of the Auto-X guys use him.
                    Last edited by bluballz; 08-04-2004, 12:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hatebbobbarker
                      formula atlantic 4ag
                      and seamweld the bish
                      a formula atlantic engine isnt even streatable. the dam thing revs to 13,000 rpm, and the powerband doesnt start till prolly aroun 6k-8k rpm. youd prolly have to rev it to about 3k just to start from a dead stop. also stock 4ag manifolds wont bolt up to it cause the ports have been highly modifyed. there is a lot more stuff that is different that i can think of right now....it is possible that you friend has certain parts from an atlantic engine, but i doubt he has the whole thing.

Comment

its Tadashi at technosquare, that motors not in it right now because it dropped a valve, but normally its running that motor.

Comment

bluballz I understand what you are saying if I do not go with coilovers I will go with TRD race springs in the front, Techno Pro Spirit Springs in the rear with Techno Pro Spirit HTS shocks, and ofcourse all bushings will be replaced. I posted those because of what you said here:
                          $2500 for ae86 coil overs?!?! ok you really dont know what your doing...give your 86 to me and buy a 240.....

Comment

FIghtex is an aluminum strut housing. That is why you dont have to give them a core, and that is why they are soooo expensive. Its somewhere like 30-40 lbs. off the front.

They are truly baller status parts that do what they claim but most drivers wont need somethng that quality

Comment

bluballz I understand what you are saying if I do not go with coilovers I will go with TRD race springs in the front, Techno Pro Spirit Springs in the rear with Techno Pro Spirit HTS shocks, and ofcourse all bushings will be replaced. I posted those because of what you said here:
                              $2500 for ae86 coil overs?!?! ok you really dont know what your doing...give your 86 to me and buy a 240.....
                              actually a lot of other brands make coil overs for the ae86 that are way more affordable. also someone said the toda ones are aluminum, which would be one more reason not to use them if its going on a street car.

i said u didnt know what you were doing because it sounds like you just some "jdm name whore" jumping on the bandwagon and just buying the mose expensive or trendy $#!t w/o even doing any research on the stuff your buying. in my opinion the ae86 is a car for someone who is going to build a car w/ his hands and not his wallet...but hey its your car, dont let some jerk on the internet tell you what to do.

i dunno if you been to club 4ag before but i suguest you read the reference section b4 u buy stuff for your car.
                              http://www.club4ag.com/technical_main.htm

Comment

Originally posted by hatebbobbarker
                                its Tadashi at technosquare, that motors not in it right now because it dropped a valve, but normally its running that motor.
                                is it the full atlantic motor?? does it have a dry sump oiling system? like i said its possible that he has parts from an atlantic motor, but running majority of the engine would be totally unstreatable. esp. in an ae86 or anyother passenger car.

Comment

Working...
                                X