No announcement yet.

Return of the Rotary Rocket RX7 (2007)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Return of the Rotary Rocket RX7 (2007)

i dont know if this has been post before but i thought i might share it any ways.Tell what you guys think about this..
    "New Mazda RX-7 to appear in 2007
    As it became known, Mazda does not deny an opportunity of installing rotary Renesis engine developed for new RX-8 in "the other future sports model". It is supposed that this model will be the new generation RX-7 sports coupe, removed from production in August, 2002 due to problems with exhaust gases toxicity.

Mazda company announced that RX-8 model which will appear on sale in April of this year, has no relation to RX-7 and will not be its succession model. Taking into account that during next 2-3 years Mazda is planning to equip its other model with Renesis rotary engine, it is possible to assume that following generation RX-7, equipped with RX-8 Renesis (with twin turbo charger) will appear not later than 2007.

From unconfirmed sources it went known that the future generation Mazda RX-7, which occurrence still in doubt, will be a two-door two-seater version of new Mazda RX-8. In any case new generation RX-7 will not come out earlier than 2006-2007."

(c) www.alljapanesecars.com
    ^ the source.
    there's a pic there but i dont think it's the new 7.

Yea, there was a rumor about that right around the release of the 8 but Mazda came out and said it was a hoax. It would be super cool for them to have another 7 come out. I hope they do.

Think i'm going to sell my FD. If you are interested, i'll let you know if I decide too.

Comment

one of the RPG Team members has a buddy who disposes the concept bodies for Mazda. He has crushed 2 prototypes for a 2 door Rx7 that looks nothing like the Rx8. We couldn't get any glimpses though

Comment

Yup, nothing about a new rx7 has been comfirmed, there all just rumors going around. I hope they do develope a new 7.

Comment

thanks for all you input.......i was hoping this wasn't a rumor...man!!....the rx8 there's something i just dont like about it....but if they do make a new rx7 i hope it doesn't look like the rx8.....i think mazda said it's a hoax 'cause they want buyers to get used to the rotary engine and then finally reveal the better powerful rx7....

Ghost: if you do decide to sell your fd just pm me...ok?

Swifty949: can you contact someone at the RPG team to confirm the new rx7 prototypes?

Comment

Originally posted by FD3S_pilot
            thanks for all you input.......i was hoping this wasn't a rumor...man!!....the rx8 there's something i just dont like about it....but if they do make a new rx7 i hope it doesn't look like the rx8.....i think mazda said it's a hoax 'cause they want buyers to get used to the rotary engine and then finally reveal the better powerful rx7....

Ghost: if you do decide to sell your fd just pm me...ok?

Swifty949: can you contact someone at the RPG team to confirm the new rx7 prototypes?
            what do you mean? it's already confirmed that 2 prototypes were crushed.

Comment

i really wish they stay pop up lighted, that design is awsome and i never get tired of it

Comment

Originally posted by swifty949
                lol.....

Comment

YAY! A new seven! I just hope its reasonably priced and easier to tune without blowing things up than the FD.

But wouldnt it be cool if this new seven was mid engined with a 4 rotor like the 787B LM car. But I doubt that happening...but then again Mazda has a weird way of making cool things happening. They mass produced the rotary (cosmo)*, they brought back the roadster (miata) and they brought back the rotary when we all thought it was dead (RX-8).

*Yes I know there was NSU and Benz working with the Rotary before Mazda, but theres more Mazdas with rotarys than both NSU and Benz combined.

Comment

ask the dude who made it how it looks likes....like if they're staying with the pop up lights design or what?

Comment

i also would really like to see pop up lights on the new 7. No need to change a good thing

Comment

He is not allowed to really say anything. Being that pop up headlights are a thing of the past, i'd doubt they'd be on the car.

Comment

He is not allowed to really say anything. Being that pop up headlights are a thing of the past, i'd doubt they'd be on the car.
                          noooooooo!!!!! will i guess if the corvette(mispelled?) lights are gone i guess mazda would do the same.

Comment

i remember hearing about this a year ago and saw a concept drawing pic. it basically looked like a 2-door rx-8 which i thought was very nice looking but they good be a lil more origional. we'll just have ti wait...

Comment

Yeah, there is no chance that the "new RX-7" will have pop-ups. Every car maker is trying to upgrade their cars into sportier ones. They are all trying to reach a status of the car that was above it. (Chrysler moving into the Benz and BMW market with the 300C). The rx-7 will not have them because of two reasons. 1)It will be faster and more super-car like so having stationary lights is better for aerodynamics. 2)It will look like the RX-8. Have you seen any shots of the new miata. I thought it was an RX-8 convert.(course my brother thought the new skyline GT-R was an SUV) I gurantee it will not be mid-engine or have more that 2-rotors because it will be way harder to achieve the 50/50 weight that the FD3S was known for. I have seen a drawing of the RX-7 and it looked alright, nothing like the RX-8 more like the FD but it was a drawing.

If i was crushing concept shells i would just keep them...

Comment

Working...
                              X