How powerfull is ALEX's 86?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How powerfull is ALEX's 86?

Does anyone know what he has done to his engine? What he's running? I read in post that his 86 out powers most of the D1 cars. How powerfull we talking here?

haha outpowers D1 cars!! LOL!!!

Its a supercharged 4AG

Comment

Originally posted by swifty949
      haha outpowers D1 cars!! LOL!!!

Its a supercharged 4AG
      Actually it's a turbo 4A-GE (homebrew-style) and makes around "200hp plus or minus." I'm sure Alex can come in and chime in with the correct power rating.

Hey Alex, get a rear bumper!

Comment

He's probably referring to my post. I didn't say he outpowers most D1 cars, I said he has more power than most D1 AE86 cars. 200 HP is conservative but I don't think he wants to disclose the exact output.

Comment

I forgot, but if I remember correctly at Houston Formula D. They were handing out like these little pamplet things that had some of the drivers and small bios and under Alex's section I believe it said he had like 240whp. Pretty sure anyways, but I could be wrong, and Im sure they could be wrong also.

Comment

Originally posted by Cade
            I forgot, but if I remember correctly at Houston Formula D. They were handing out like these little pamplet things that had some of the drivers and small bios and under Alex's section I believe it said he had like 240whp. Pretty sure anyways, but I could be wrong, and Im sure they could be wrong also.
            yes, they did that in D1Gp too. it's a souvenior program thingymagy program catalogue. it should the drivers bio and car/sponsors blah blah blah. but they did like the drivers who qualified i think.

Comment

the supercharged 4-AG is called the 4AGZE right?

Comment

Originally posted by blargonator
                the supercharged 4-AG is called the 4AGZE right?
                Yes sir

Comment

back when he was trying to sell it he said 240 ish

Comment

I did dyno it once in sacramento,
                    room temp 112 degrees (middle of the summer hot spell), half pump and half 100 oc gas in it. No exaust just down pipe like i run it in comps.
                    Boost was set at 1 bar (14.7psi)

We did 2 pulls, first was 225hp to the wheels, second made 220 and the car and the room was just too hot. The intercooler is just too small and needs more air under that bumper.

That was the original motor. Since then, i have burned a set of pistons because the wastegate line broke and it overboosted. The original was 8.9 compresion and now its 8.5 compression.

My boost controler no longer works (and hasnt since this year) so I run off the wastegate spring which is set at .9 bar. So a little less boost and a little less compression, so a little less hp. The problem is its also more laggy but Id say just under 200 to the wheels.

I'm more worried about keeping the drive train from breaking more then making hp at this point. I did change the trans for the last FD event, the car is now fitted with a W58 out of a SC300 5 speed. There is still a problem with the clutch not disengaging all the way but hopefully that will be fixed when i have some time. Next is to find a better rear end, then I will turn the boost back up and see what that thing is capable of.
                    BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

That's some nice power for a Hachi...must be fun to drive. I drifted my friends hachi that has a HKS supercharger on it and that thing was pretty fast. But he was only running like 7-9psi. 14psi must be damn fun

Comment

Yeah i would like to put a n/a aluminum block and head V6 in my AE86. Although I'm not sure if toyota makes that kind of V6. But i want the V6 to weigh as much as the 4AG that way it doesnt upset the balance of the car. After that i would get a V160 (if possible) with a rear end that can withstand like 400HP. But i don't have the money so i cant do it. But that would be pretty sweet.

Comment

ROOootary?

Comment

Next is to find a better rear end,
                            Hey Alex, when you were in houston for FD we talked about some stuff i was thinking about doing to my car. I have been contemplating using an 8.8 rear out of a fox body or SN95 mustang. There are tons of people who make LSDs, gear sets, heavy duty axles etc. for these rears. They are pretty light and small, and they will put up with 1000's of horsepower.

Just an idea.

Comment

I was thinking more on the lines of the ist gen rx7 (glse) rear or the 79-81 celica rear. Trying to keep it as light as possible.
                              BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

Working...
                              X